Thread: Getting ready

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Getting ready

I get to pick my bike up today!!! GHB they fixed my cable... don't know how much yet. I can't wait to ride. Think I will take it to work thursday and after I am done see if BST behind WSU is looking good or not.
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Getting ready

It's about time. jk

I've already had the old bomber out on the ice a couple of times and the foul weather commuter is already edging towards 200 miles for the year. You need to come and ride up here in Logan. That extra 10 degrees makes it feel like constant lactate threshold training. It puts hair on your chest.

My legs are really talking to me today. I went car free for St. Patty's day figuring I wouldn't want to drive after celebrating with my fellow Irishmen down at the pub after work. Riding a half dozen, mostly uphill miles on a boat anchor heavy touring rig after a half dozen pints feels the same way.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

I hope that the BST might be a little drier up north by friday, either way I will hit the slc portion cause that is already dry since it didn't get pounded by as much snow as ogden! I cant wait for the trails..this road riding is great but just not the same!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Janet and I are riding BST tomorrow after work.

Picked my baby up and they fixed his cable but it does not match the other cable. This is driving me CRAZY! I guess they didn't have THAT cable in stock. Grrrrrr. How can they be so insensitive to my bikes needs. He is not happy.... maybe tomorrow will make him happy. He can get dirty.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Picked my baby up and they fixed his cable but it does not match the other cable. This is driving me CRAZY!
    I thought I was the only one who agonized over stuff like that. I do my own work though, so I'm pretty good at keeping it a secret.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

I can be rediculously anal about certain things. Apparently the bike is one of them. I figured I am not the only one on this forum that is particular about their bike or other gear. They just are afraid to admit it.
    Chere'

Re: Getting ready

see if BST behind WSU is looking good or not.
    can you let us know as soon as you check it, please

I am anxious to find somewhere besides the GoatheadsGalore trail up on my end of town.
    I used to be concerned about my apathy, but now I don't care anymore.

DAMN girl! That blows big chunks I no of no one more anal about thier bikes than me Yesterday I just blew out the lower seal on my RockShox Tora...guess what I get to rebuild SO I get to ride my RockyMtn big cow - I just went through it though but it's not a real cross country commuter Did you have just a cable redone or new housings as well? I bet I rebuildt 10 complete brake systems just in the last two weeks
    BTW - I will be bringing my arsenal of tools & stands & stuff to the shindig in Moab - gotta have gear you know.

Janet and I are riding BST tomorrow after work.

Picked my baby up and they fixed his cable but it does not match the other cable. This is driving me CRAZY! I guess they didn't have THAT cable in stock. Grrrrrr. How can they be so insensitive to my bikes needs. He is not happy.... maybe tomorrow will make him happy. He can get dirty.
    So how was the ride? Mud haven or not too bad???

@ GHB - Just the cabale, remember in the back where it was all messed up. It was $5

@live2ride and gixxer patience grasshoppers... it is only 12 pm. I can't leave work until at least 3:30 maybe even 4.

Janet has already bailed on me. I have my camera and will give a full report! PROMISE!!!
    Chere'

sorry.....no patience on a gorgeous day like today

just got back from riding the north end.......just north of Jumpoff, over to Douglas and back

great little spring ride

ok i am leaving for my ride right NOW!! yahoo
    Chere'

Where are those Pics!!! Lets check em out...I am leaving work to ride today!!

Here ya go. Sorry it took so long. But Bogley is painfully slow and I have not had time to wait for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Chere'

hey, we went up there today........trail is awesome
    we only hit one little section of snow, right before that outcropping where you took your picture

what an amazing day for only being March

@ GHB - Just the cabale, remember in the back where it was all messed up. It was $5

@live2ride and gixxer patience grasshoppers... it is only 12 pm. I can't leave work until at least 3:30 maybe even 4.

Janet has already bailed on me. I have my camera and will give a full report! PROMISE!!!
    I'm sorry about bailing on you! Jeff and I did it today and it was awesome. No pictures though. We did BST and then did Birdsong out and back. I'm feeling it now.
    May your waters be swift and pure, may your presentation be perfect, and of course, let there be trout.

Quote Originally Posted by joja

I'm sorry about bailing on you! Jeff and I did it today and it was awesome. No pictures though. We did BST and then did Birdsong out and back. I'm feeling it now.
    To quote a good friend "I am bitter"
    Chere'

Trail looks good with just a bit of snow left! Yes cant wait to hit it hard!