Thread: Who has cabin fever?

Who has cabin fever?

This winter really hasn't been all that bad, but I am sure the hell ready for summer.

Anyway. What big trips do y'all have planned and who is going where and when and whatnot.

TIME TO GET OUTDOORS!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I AM READY FOR SUMMER.....

Besides A LOT of lake time and camping......including many trips to Starvation, at least one to Powell and Flaming Gorge....

Hurricane, Utah for 4 nights.... Taking the boat and the bikes... No real plan, just rented a house and going to get away.....

Moses Lake, Washington for 4 nights.... Wife's family reunion....I have no idea where this is or what there is to do.... Going to try to take the bike......

Kauai for a week in the Fall.....

Today is SOOOOOO beautiful....but I have been inside all day trying to get the kitchen put back together...... Well, besides some t-ball practice in the yard with the Little One and picking up dog crap.....

Moab for 4 days next weekend (YES)....taking the kids for an early Spring Break. Plan is to hike out in Canyonlands on Friday and do a nice picnic lunch. Supposed to be 72 degrees...(YES)!!!! Saturday and Sunday are wide open and no plans yet. I'm over the cold, the mud and the unpredictable weather of springtime in the Mountains.

Moab again for the Bogley rendevous May 1.

Zion in June (date TBD)

Lots of local mountain camping and hiking in June and July....hopefully hit some 14'ers.

Surfing in Costa Rica August 5-16. WOOHOO!

Today I spent about 4 hours, hiking around looking for 3 different Geocaches with no luck. Darnit!! It was a very nice day, just not warm enough.

Gonna head to Thermopolis, WY over Easter break with the family & do the hotsprings (YEAH baby!) Should be able to test the video underwater .

Going to Moab in May...another YEAH BABY!!

Flaming Gorge Days here in Green River the end of June....'Collective Soul' in concert(no...really)

Lots of camping on the agenda - probably Deep Creek and Spirit Lake in the Uintahs.

....riding my bike every friggin chance I get!

Cabin fever Even the frogs are out

Boy, do I.

This weekend taking by boy out to the Geode Beds. After I take him to his mom, I may head out to the Swell.

Not much planned until June, when I will try to get Eccentric and Dagget peaks, July is Tokewanna peak and August is Kings peak, with six more 13ers in 4 days.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    April going to St. George
    May going to Bogley Fest
    June going to Duchesne to camp on property we have there.
    July big Clawson camp out 24th at Pineview
    August nothing planned as of yet but camping somewhere maybe go to Idaho and visit a potatoe farm. And see some long lost friends along the way.

In between all that lots of biking, lots of hanging out on the boat at pineview, camping up on La Plata with the crazy moutnian friends, hiking with Julie and learning to fly fish with Janet.

Summer seems to short already.
    Chere'

Been sick and stuck at home the last 5 days....still sick now....and I live where it's actually warm enough to already be out doing things. Spring break is this week so I'm off work all week. If I don't get better in time to get some rides in I'll go NUTS.

Only real plan in sight...

April 10-11th Portland Oregon to see the Lakers/Blazers game and go to the Nike Employee Store.

Just now beginning to worry about it.

Moab Bogley Fest in May. That's it.

And I will still have another week or two available.

It's nice not having that non-profit cycling org to deal with. :D
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Hopefully I can drive to the Bogley Fest for at least a night and get drunk with you guys

May 8 I am taking my mom and the dog to south Utah/Arizona for a few days.

Taking a long Memorial Day weekend and driving my mom and the dog to Black Hills, SD, then west to Yellowstone.

My friends want to rent a cabin in Oregon sometime during the summer so hopefully I will do a few days of that.

Local camping and hiking.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

No cabin fever here. Taken this morning in the Orocopia Mountains west of the Salton Sea in So California:

I usually just go with the flow. Not much of a big planner, more of a last minute guy. I'll no doubt spend 4-5 weekends in Bear Lake, ID. A few down in St. George and prolly Moab. A few motorcycle trips, maybe even get down to Mexico or somewhere on the bike this year. I need an epic ride trip this year. A backpacking trip somewhere with good fishing would be great. Of course I'll be mtn biking every Tuesday for the Bogley rides. Hell, that's all I can think of at the moment.

I've got cabin fever so bad I'm about ready to hack up my wife and two daughters, stack them neatly in room 237, then take a shotgun and blow my brains out.....redrum, redrum, REDRUM! REDRUM!!!!

Sorry...The Shining reset....

Anyways, yes I am ready for summer!!

I'll be in Moab this weekend. Maybe I'll bump into Abirken. Hey Abirken - be warned: this weekend is the Moab half-marathon, so it's gonna be PACKED!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I just fixed my cabin fever.

Just came back from a week in Hurricane, the Arizona strip, St. George, Kanab and Marysvale.

Got a nice sun tan to boot!
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

My plans are to....Ride the bike every chance I can in the Mountains, ride the road bike, take a couple day trip on the motorcycle, spend most sunday afternoons at pineview, camp, not plan anything untill last minute...Hit some good old trails with the Tuesday biking crew and hang out and enjoy the weather!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I am just excited for warmth and being able to start going out after work and living again. So, yes. I guess I do have cabin fever.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Moab for 4 days next weekend (YES)....taking the kids for an early Spring Break.
    I hope you're not going early to avoid the crowds. This weekend is the Canyonlands Half Marathon so going to be a nut house down there.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I am just excited for warmth and being able to start going out after work and living again. So, yes. I guess I do have cabin fever.
    ahem... I have been going out 5 nights a week all winter and i live just down the road from you.

I have 3 desert trips on the books all within the next 30 days and I am really pondering selling my DH bike.

Bloody hell is it nice out there today!

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    ahem... I have been going out 5 nights a week all winter and i live just down the road from you.
    I invited you to go out last night, and you just blew me off