Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kinda a "sequence" along the way!

Kinda a "sequence" along the way!

I found out about the closing of the store that I had spent the last 24 years with just before thanksgiving. Sort of a shock, but I sensed it. Good run and many GREAT memories! On to the new. Talks had begun a year earlier, but had been discounted. I went to Jason the day after I found out about Outdoor Outlet and asked for employment....I can push a broom, mop a floor, scrub a toilet! Nope...he wanted to push forward with plans of the previous discussions! Lets open a new outdoor store! The Desert Rat it is! Well, I thought I'd share some pictures of the progression from an existing Custom Picture Framing Shop of just under 4000 square feet to the construction of a new outdoor store "The Desert Rat" scheduled to open April of '09'. It's been awesome from the planning stages to the development phase. I'm so excited to get-er-open that you can't imagine! Awesome people to have been working with and so look forward to the real deal. I'm so psyched to have Matt, Pam, Jason, Jan (Yeah!), Tanya (the best hiking partner extrordinaire and business partner), maybe some marketing/merchandising by "Jolee"- Charly from last hike, and the help from the great list of friends too numerous to mention! Check-er-out! I know that these pictures will bore most of you, but you just wait until I get pictures of the staff coming on-board! You think Tanya is hot in her Avatar? You best come and let her help you pick out some gear....you'll then get to have some real personal attention! But really, I'm so psyched about the quality of the folks coming on board.......this will be really the fun adventure! Yee-haw! I just gotta say "Muito Obrigado" to all of those friends that have trusted and supported me all these years. I'll do my best to not let you down! Thanks soooooooo MUCH!
    Attached Images Attached Images                                         

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Lookin' good so far. Exciting! Keep us posted.

Looking forward to a shopping spree - see you soon Bo!

So cool, Bo - really psyched & excited for you! And looking forward to checking it out!!

my friend ben mortensen worked at Outdoor outlet. I can't wait to check out the new store.
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

hey, thanks for the sneak peek!

best of luck to y'all

Re: Kinda a "sequence" along the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Beck
    You think Tanya is hot in her Avatar? You best come and let her help you pick out some gear....you'll then get to have some real personal attention!

I think I'd buy anything she would be helping me with, at any price.

Looks great Bo, we're very happy for you. Let us all know when the Grand Opening is!!

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

That is way cool Bo! I really wish you guys the best of luck!

Wow 4000 sq/ft is really aggressive. I had no idea you were going so big. If anyone can pull this off, it's you. So who are going to be your competitors in town? Kimball Jones and Sportsman's warehouse right? You'll definitely have an edge over Kimball in that you'll have specialty clothes and canyoneer shoes. If I'm not mistaken they just have hiking stuff. And Sportsman warehouse just has ropes and wetsuits if I recall correctly. No cams, ascenders, etc.

I think the main edge edge you'll have is your personal service. I felt really good shopping from you in that I knew you'd explain how everything worked and you knew your "stuff" extremely well. Without being condescending like most pro's tend to be toward us "noobs". My only concern really is the huge size shop you chose. But I'm sure you know your finances and have them well in hand. Go big or go home right? Best of luck and looking forward to the grand opening.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

We will have to make a trip down this year and check out the store. Looks like its going to be awesome! Best of luck!
    The man thong is wrong.

You say "Muito obrigado" and I say "boa sorte e espero o melhor pra voces em tudo."

I'll try to stop in to check things out when I'm in town next time. Should be there for Thanksgiving this year.

Well...March 15 opening passed us up.......April 1 came up quickly......now we're shooting for 2nd week of April! Not that we've (Matt, Pam and I) haven't been working hard at it, but the little things just seem to come up! It's called "sequences". Gotta learn to stay away from "sequential" progression, commonly known as being sidetracked by the little smouldering piles that crop up during normal tasks! Focus on a task and get it done, then move on. Got the wood floor laid mostly now, but need to get trim up, finish up bathroom, lay the carpet, get fixtures finished...etc, etc, etc! Thank you for the delivery Tom! Sorry I missed you. Anyway...it's not that I don't have inventory; Tomorrow will be a productive day! A few pictures to see where The Desert Rat stands as of March 31! It's good to see everyone popping in periodically and offering support. Good news...A Cafe will be opening right next door and we'll have a door leading into the restaurant as well! Ahhhh yes! A morning cup of espresso to start the day!
    Attached Images Attached Images              

Bogley BigShot
    Awwwww... you guys are too sweet!!!!!

I am ready to work!

(I have never had a real job before)

Quote Originally Posted by devo_stevo
    You say "Muito obrigado" and I say "boa sorte e espero o melhor pra voces em tudo."

I'll try to stop in to check things out when I'm in town next time. Should be there for Thanksgiving this year.
    Muito obrigado e esto esperando uma renuniao cara a cara com voce! Com as economias hoje, nos temos necessidade d' muito sorte! Obrigado!

Looking forward to meeting you around Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Awwwww... you guys are too sweet!!!!!

I am ready to work!

(I have never had a real job before)
    Really soon now Tanya! I figure that by the end of next week we'll be marking, moving and merchandising! Really missed you at the clinic yesterday! Great stuff, but many more to come!

Bogley BigShot
    Oh yeah... I forgot

I should be around to hike Sunday though if you are doing anything.

Boa sorte com tudo. Terei que passar pela loja um dia destes. Exactamente onde e' que fica a loja?

Bogley BigShot
    Does that mean you want to hike too

Ummmmmm I'm not much of a hiker...I'll stick to the bikes :)