Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teen fatally shot in friend's Provo home

Quote Originally Posted by fouristhenewone
    I can't say I think that sending this kid to lockup makes sense
    I doubt there will be any time served, but there will be other things attached to it. And nobody knows what is transpiring between the Prosecutor's Office and the the parents of the child killed. They have a lot of weight in this as well, much more than anyone realizes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

"Brereton said she was eager to speak with the boy's mother Monday, to tell her she loves her and holds no malice. And that she doesn't want charges filed.

"He's just a boy, he didn't mean to do it," she said. "I hope this incident shows him that he needs to turn around. But he's come a long way since Kat came into his life. She loved him because he wasn't perfect. She didn't hang out with the perfect people. Her friends were the people who needed friends. She believed in this young man. I believe in this young man."

Here is an interesting follow up article:

http://deseretnews.com/article/0,514...9,00.html?pg=1

And he had another gun is his room. I see the family will ask for leniency, I bet the police will charge this kid and the courts will deal with it. This kid apparently has been around guns and shouldn't have treated them as a toy or used them in a joke. It's all fun and games until someone gets killed. Whoops, I didn't know it was loaded is no excuse. I have a big problem with someone pointing a gun at a head of someone else. It's never a joke.

That follow up article seems to imply that the kid was a slightly troubled kid. It is hard to say what "troubled" means in Provo versus what it would mean in Compton but it sounds like the kid may have had a pattern of irresponsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    That follow up article seems to imply that the kid was a slightly troubled kid. It is hard to say what "troubled" means in Provo versus what it would mean in Compton
    That would be a bit obvious, good kids don't go around pointing guns at others heads. Good kids don't hoard other peoples guns. Again, it doesn't matter where you live and this is just another sad reminder. My place is better than yours mentality is a little off.

Disc, it seems like you are a little shocked that something like this could have happened in the neighborhood. Sorry if I seem a little harsh when it comes to negligence, it's just the way I am.

No, not at all.

I actually stopped being friends with my next door neighbor growing up for pointing an unload rifle at me and dry firing after I asked him not to do it. I asked him not to point it at me, and he promised me it wasn't loaded. I promised him I didn't care. He dry fired and I realized that I didn't need a friend like that. We still hung out in a group setting after that, but I don't think I ever went back to his house after that (maybe once).

That guy who did that was a super good guy. I know that awesome people do dumb things (my wife will tell you that I'm the king of doing stupid things :) ) so I am not at all surprised that this could happen to the best of people. I really don't think it was one bit malicious and my heart goes out to everyone in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    . I know that awesome people do dumb things (my wife will tell you that I'm the king of doing stupid things :) )
    Most of our wives did dumb things...and married us!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    Most of our wives did dumb things...and married us!

Amen!

hey JP, what about this avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    hey JP, what about this avatar?
    Yea, what about it Dan A gun aimed at a camera I'm really not worried of a gun firing at anyone through a pic, it's a pic. What's the matter Dan, are you offended by such a pic? Did a kid lose his or her life in that pic?

Quote Originally Posted by JP the Infallible
    I have a big problem with someone pointing a gun at a head of someone else. It's never a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by JP the Infallible
    I'm really not worried of a gun firing at anyone through a pic, it's a pic. What's the matter Dan, are you offended by such a pic? Did a kid lose his or her life in that pic?
    Nope. I'm not offended. I just wondered what you think of someone pointing a gun at someone else, who is apparently taking the photo of said gun pointing at them.

Just wondering when "it's never a joke" is really just a joke, or is it really "never a joke?"

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    I just wondered what you think of someone pointing a gun at someone else, who is apparently taking the photo of said gun pointing at them.
    Sometime earlier this year they came out with these really expensive cameras that have timers. It means you can set the camera up and take a picture of yourself, like 10 seconds later. It sounds pretty techie and unnecessary though.

Next year they'll have these cameras mounted on the computers called "web cams". It sounds strange, but I have a feeling that there will be a few people that buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs the so called Professional Photographer
    Nope. I'm not offended. I just wondered what you think of someone pointing a gun at someone else, who is apparently taking the photo of said gun pointing at them.

Just wondering when "it's never a joke" is really just a joke, or is it really "never a joke?"
    Wow Dan, you walked right into that one. Mr. Photographer, have you ever heard of the "self-timer" feature and the use of a tripod

I said what I meant and meant what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Next year they'll have these cameras mounted on the computers called "web cams". It sounds strange, but I have a feeling that there will be a few people that buy them.
    Good one Beech, you were typing away when I was.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    have you ever heard of the "self-timer" feature and the use of a tripod
    Tripod? I guess they come out with something new everyday. This is why I could never be a photographer, I can't keep up on these new technologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Tripod? I guess they come out with something new everyday. This is why I could never be a photographer, I can't keep up on these new technologies.
    Yea, I also hear they are doing away with film as well I have a friend that knows a friend that knows a friend of a friend that has the "IN" on the manufacturing end of it

So are you two trying to say its OK to pretend to point a gun at someones head but if you actually point it a someones head its "never a joke".

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    So are you two trying to say its OK to pretend to point a gun at someones head but if you actually point it a someones head its "never a joke".
    Me? No, I'm just confused with all this new technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Pretend...like in movies and cartoons? Fiction? Being creative with photography? Absolutely no problem with it. Pointing a firearm at a person without the intent to use such firearm...I have a problem with it. So, there is your lack in comedic value.

That's awesome. I'm pretending to point a gun at your head right now. Glad your okay with it.
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!