1. Dodge Trucks

2. Iraq War

3. Bernie Madoff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

how about:

1. global warming
    2. y2k bug
    3. we're from the goverment and we are here to help you.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I think Les' list is more accurate.

Re: Three Biggest Scams in US History

[quote=Scott P]

3. Bernie Madoff
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

There is one underway in Congress right now that makes this look like chicken feed.
    Which one or just as a whole? If you are speaking of the Obama administration, that one wasn't a scam because everyone knew he would spend a lot of money.

I agree that the whole auto bailout was a huge scam too. I guess that can be #4.

Both parties are big spenders:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20...latchy/3182084

Dodge Trucks are still the biggest scam.

$113,873,730,000 scammed out of consumers in the last 10 years, not including repair cost.

For those who haven't guessed this was just a knock on the Dodge I drive as having to go to the shop again.

[quote=RedMan][quote=Scott P]

3. Bernie Madoff

How about:

1. Bottled Water

2. Microsoft Windows

3. The Iraq War

Bottled water is little more than a victory for marketing and a demonstration of just how gullible the American consumer can be.

Microsoft maintained monopoly status for decades and should've been required to play fair far sooner than they were. Manufacturers unable to sell computers without an OS installed or with Linux or ??? WTF?

We went to war in Iraq to benefit Haliburton for Cheney's sake and to make the regular armed forced and Rumsfeld look a little less anachronistic in a war against terrorism.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker
    How about:

1. Bottled Water

2. Microsoft Windows

3. The Iraq War

Bottled water is little more than a victory for marketing and a demonstration of just how gullible the American consumer can be.

Microsoft maintained monopoly status for decades and should've been required to play fair far sooner than they were. Manufacturers unable to sell computers without an OS installed or with Linux or ??? WTF?

We went to war in Iraq to benefit Haliburton for Cheney's sake and to make the regular armed forced and Rumsfeld look a little less anachronistic in a war against terrorism.
    i'm with you on the bottled water. how about pet rocks to show that the public will buy anything.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

1. Religon
    2. Reganomics
    3. Free market capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    1. Religon

How about:

3. The Iraq War

When is war NOT a scam of some sort...from one side or the other? Leader X convinces Country/People Y they deserve something and Country/People Z have it. Pretty much everytime!

While Cheney & Rumsfeld certainly created one big cluster***k in Iraq, I think it really boiled down to something way more simple than what you might think - ego and over-confidence. That goes for the American public too! The US Armed Forces made "winning" wars at low cost almost expected since the early '90s. Where is the check & balance when everyone thinks we can roll over whoever we want? So, I think we scammed ourselves as a nation. Whether you're on board or not, we're all in this together.

Fortunately...the leadership running the war for the past couple of years understands reality and we may actually benefit from this in the long run. Or not, but we can't go back in time and press the RESET button. We can only move forward and make the most of it...

And that's all I've got to say about that...
    Beau

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    I think I have them figured out.

Three biggest scams in US history:

1. Dodge Trucks

You should have switched that with the 44th President

Still lovin' the Dooge

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed

When is war NOT a scam of some sort...from one side or the other? Leader X convinces Country/People Y they deserve something and Country/People Z have it. Pretty much everytime!

While Cheney & Rumsfeld certainly created one big cluster***k in Iraq, I think it really boiled down to something way more simple than what you might think - ego and over-confidence. That goes for the American public too! The US Armed Forces made "winning" wars at low cost almost expected since the early '90s. Where is the check & balance when everyone thinks we can roll over whoever we want? So, I think we scammed ourselves as a nation. Whether you're on board or not, we're all in this together.

Fortunately...the leadership running the war for the past couple of years understands reality and we may actually benefit from this in the long run. Or not, but we can't go back in time and press the RESET button. We can only move forward and make the most of it...

Beau
    I enjoyed your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumbleweed

Beau
    The leadership currently running the war does understand reality and I sincerely appreciate that.

However, the Bush administration never had me convinced they were going to get anything done for less than $1,000,000,000,000. I remain unconvinced that I'm ever going to see $1,000,000,000,000/300,000,000 = $3,333 worth of benefit from their little misadventure. As far as security in the region goes, we've removed one of the two walls (Iraq and Israel) that previously separated Iran from dominating it. If and when we leave Iraq, we will be left with the choice of continuing to delude ourselves or accepting Iran as the most powerful country in the middle east.

Yep. Iraq was a scam and we all got taken.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

The leadership currently running the war does understand reality and I sincerely appreciate that.
    And what about their spending habits

Nice read, Tumbleweed.

However, the Bush administration never had me convinced they were going to get anything done for less than $1,000,000,000,000. I remain unconvinced that I'm ever going to see $1,000,000,000,000/300,000,000 = $3,333 worth of benefit from their little misadventure.
    Can you elaborate on this math? I'm not following ya. I don't disagree with anything you said though.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Yes, the Iraq war was much worse than all the other wars the U.S. has been involved in! Wasnt the "left" the side who kept saying it was about oil?
    The biggest mistake with Iraq - Not building a huge pipe from Iraq to America to suck all the oil out of that place to feed my SUV's.

Scams:
    1. Government "Help Programs" (Social Security, Medicare, Welfare, Indian welfare, etc. etc. etc.)
    2. IRA's (401ks, 403 b's, any savings vehicle that delayed tax's)
    3. Hell I'm so pissed now I cant even think of a third!

Quote Originally Posted by "Scott P
    Dodge Trucks are still the biggest scam.

$113,873,730,000 scammed out of consumers in the last 10 years, not including repair cost.

For those who haven't guessed this was just a knock on the Dodge I drive as having to go to the shop again.
    Scott - This is funny. Sorry it turned out that way. Stuff happens.

I guess I shouldn't say I'm happy with my Dodge so far. Or I better keep my fingers crossed.

This lady is convinced she knows exactly what is THE BIGGEST SCAM IN HISTORY!!! Trust me...you don't want to miss out on this one. It nearly brings a tear to my eye.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/BIGGESTSCAMINHISTORY.HTML

edit - It is a woman who wrote it, not a guy like I originally posted.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFinn
    I guess I shouldn't say I'm happy with my Dodge so far. Or I better keep my fingers crossed.
    Yea, Scott's Dodge almost killed him I guess that's the reason for the hatred I love my Dodge, cannot complain one iota Just under 70,000 miles and still running strong