Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What type of Degree/s do you have?

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Oh, and over 30 years of boy scouts
    Sorry,but living in Utah, the first thing that comes to mind is: PEDOPHILE
    2020 Jeep Gladiator (2" Lift, 37" Tires, Falcon 3.3 Shocks, Lockers, Sliders)
    2018 Polaris Sportsman XP 1000 (Hunter Edition)
    2014 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 HO EFI EPS (Browning Edition)
    2009 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Laramie/Resistol DRW (~800HP/1400TQ)
    Yukon Charlies 930 Trail Series Snow Shoes
    5.11 Tactical Coyote Boots

The random world and adventures of BruteForce

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

ed.

B.A. in Production Management w/minor in Spanish from USU.

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce
    good thiing most of my scouting was 'out of state'

BS Chemistry, UofU, pushing 30 years at ATK (used to be Hercules)

My father was an ROTC instructor at the U (major in the army).
    My brother and his wife are both West Point graduates.
    Small world.
    Deb

No degree for this boy. I spent two years at USU in Civil Engineering but decided that I hated school and did not even want to be an engineer.

Land Surveying was/is my love and at that time there was only one or two schools that even offered a surveying degree. So I went to work full time in pursuit of the experience needed in order to take the Professional Surveyors tests. Tons of self study and some specialized surveying classes. Now I have those National tests behind me all I need to do is take a test for each state I want to be licensed in. So far Utah and Idaho. I'm currently thinking about going for Nevada and Wyoming. A few more feathers in my headdress would be nice I guess.

A.S. from Weber State

B.S. from U of U - Behavioral Science and Health

I would have thought that in Utah a 30 year scout leader is likely a good and active mormon, probably with sons of his own, who got calling-pigeon-holed and never made bishop.

Oh, and I'm in school at UVU working toward a BA in History. Thinking about the UofU for a masters...eventually...

BA Information Systems
    Elmhurst College
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Oh, and I'm in school at UVU working toward a BA in History. Thinking about the UofU for a masters...eventually...
    I minored in history

Heh, my WW2 teach was a German dude straight out of Germany with awesome accent. Not sure if he picked to teach WW2 history in order to face the deamons of his country's history or what but he did wonderful work. Everyone loved his class.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I'm taking WWII now. The teacher has got some bias' about the war and lets them show, often. He gets emotional in class when talking about the sad parts of the war. He really bugs me when asking questions of the class; he'll ask a question and then cut off the reponce of a student in mid sentence. I honestly think he likes the sound of his own voice. He also tends to tell stories about personal interactions he's had with WWI vets; I met so and so who actually met General Patton and he told me... or I interviewed so and so who was at Utah beach and had his buddy die in his arms... Actually that ties into the emotionality. He's more of a performer than a teacher. It's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow

Heh, my WW2 teach was a German dude straight out of Germany with awesome accent. Not sure if he picked to teach WW2 history in order to face the deamons of his country's history or what but he did wonderful work. Everyone loved his class.

I also went to UVU (UVSC at the time). I majored in Political Science but ended up getting a degree in Fire Science (along with my Fire 1, Fire 2, & EMT Intermediate). I was going to be a fire fighter, but switched careers just over a year ago.

I wish I had studied computers a long time ago but what do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I also went to UVU (UVSC at the time). I majored in Political Science but ended up getting a degree in Fire Science (along with my Fire 1, Fire 2, & EMT Intermediate). I was going to be a fire fighter, but switched careers just over a year ago.
    I had no idea! That's really interesting. Any particular reason for moving away from fire fighting, or was it moving toward something else. If you don't mind my asking.

Come on Cougs....represent!

BS Mathematics BYU
    MS Mathematics BYU
    Ed.D. (finishing this April) Curriculum and Instruction USU
    The gostak distims the doshes.

Currently a junior at the U as a Biology major (directly related to the lack of time to post here or anything resembling free time). I hope to put a PharmD after my name.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    I would have thought that in Utah a 30 year scout leader is likely a good and active mormon, probably with sons of his own, who got calling-pigeon-holed and never made bishop.
    ....BISHOP?!....NEVER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhaha
    Come on Cougs....represent!

BS Mathematics BYU
    MS Mathematics BYU
    Ed.D. (finishing this April) Curriculum and Instruction USU

WOW!

I'll bet you're a pretty good math teacher, regardless of where you recieved your degrees from.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Majored in business at LSU but didn't get full degree. Left in my 3rd yr. Went into business on my own in New Orleans for 17 yrs. Then moved to SLC where I now "do" real estate. I can also join Ice and others by adding the School of Hard Knocks to my resume. I sometimes think that's the best education of all!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    [ Any particular reason for moving away from fire fighting, or was it moving toward something else. If you don't mind my asking.
    Well the first part of moving away from Fire Fighting was I did not have a job. You practically need to have your Dad be in charge of hiring here in Utah to get hired on a Fire Fighter. Secondly, when my wife got pregnant I had flash backs to being a kid and having my Dad take care of me during the night and I realized that it was my childhood dream to be a firefighter, but it is my adulthood dream to be a good Dad and I wanted to be home at nights.

I needed insurance when I got back from Alaska last year with a wife who was 7 months pregnant, so I got a job doing Dell tech support for the insurance (my Dad has done computers my whole life, so I have grown up knowing them), I enjoyed computers and it was a quick way to get a career going after 8 years of playing in Alaska so I set out to be a Network Admin. Now one year later from working at Dell, I am a network administrator. The end. :D