Thread: Obama to seek new assault weapon ban

Obama to seek new assault weapon ban

I knew it was coming, you knew it was coming, we all knew it.

If you honestly believed that there would be no new gun control laws under Obama, yer an idiot.

The excuse this time? Mexico.

Hey Holder, one more time, who's the coward?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

2-25-09 The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

"As President Obama indicated during the campaign, there are just a few gun-related changes that we would like to make, and among them would be to reinstitute the ban on the sale of assault weapons," Holder told reporters.

Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.

"I think that will have a positive impact in Mexico, at a minimum." Holder said at a news conference on the arrest of more than 700 people in a drug enforcement crackdown on Mexican drug cartels operating in the U.S.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

We knew this sh!t was gonna happen....

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Who the hell is he kidding. Does he think the drug gangs will just not use guns now? Maybe they will use slingshots made from trees in Central America.

The lame excuses they use.....

The worst thing is people are buying this shit that BO is trying to sell

Holder also mentioned banning cop-killer bullets, as this whole thing unfolds, carefully watch the language having to do with that.

The original attempt at such a ban used the phrase 'lubricated bullets'.

Virtually all bullets are lubricated, so if that phrase appears they're making a run at a de facto ammo ban.

Better get one soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

[quote]Pelosi throws cold water on weapons ban
    By Mike Soraghan
    Posted: 02/26/09 11:59 AM
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFinn
    Boy if this is true it will be something I like Pelosi for.
    It's not true, I happen to speak political jive, so let me translate Nancy for you:

Quote Originally Posted by Nanzi Pelosi
    They did not come to me first and properly kiss my ass before making a move, once they have properly brown-nosed me, put my name on it, and let me take some of the credit I'll be a bigger supporter of gun control than Hitler.

Do these jeans make me look crazy, or is it the crazy that makes me look crazy?

Damn donny, I was just tying to find some sliver of hope for Pelosi and you go and ruin it!

Yeah, I know it's politics.... she still sucks!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFinn
    Damn donny, I was just tying to find some sliver of hope for Pelosi and you go and ruin it!
    Hope+Pelosi in the same sentence.

You're killin me here Finn.

My only advice, bullets+beans+rice.

Repeat. Repeatively.

Holder said that putting the ban back in place would not only be a positive move by the United States, it would help cut down on the flow of guns going across the border into Mexico, which is struggling with heavy violence among drug cartels along the border.
    Yeah just the other day I was in my fav gun shop when a bunch of mexican drug dealers were there paying 3 times the going street rate of an AK for a semi-auto AR-15. LOL

Politicians are crack smokers. The guns being used by Mexican druggies do NOT come from american retail gun dealers. I can't believe these jokers even dare serve that kind of crap up as justification for tightening gun laws.

If anything they are importing many more full auto weapons from Mexico than all types of weapons going the other way combined. Where do they think US gang bangers get fully automatic weapons?
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RugerShooter
    The worst thing is people are buying this shit that BO is trying to sell
    He got elected, didn't he

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    Politicians are crack smokers.
    But Biden owns a shotgun

This is about as good of argument as you see for 2nd amendment rights. I think the best part of the video is when she points out the the 2nd amendment is not about hunting, but protecting ourselves from the Government.