Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Great Of Driver Are You?

I just flash my tits and it gets me off the hook every time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    I should have been a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    I should have been a cop.

Naw........I don't think a moustache is your style. .

Well, maybe not every time...

Spring 1984 a buddy of mine and I had both purchased CB1100Fs and decided a high speed loop around Utah was in order.

As we topped the hill heading south into Milford at 150 we passed a cop and caught just enough of him to see him shake his finger at us.
    He didn't stop us or even turn around.

We took Boulder mountain about as fast as we dared and a Fish Cop going the other way slammed on his brakes as we passed. Not sure if he tried to pursue us but we never saw him again but we didn't slow down either.

South of Hanksville we passed an sedan at about 140 on a blind curve and scared him so bad he nearly ditched it. As we sat in the parking lot at Bridges NM a cop wheeled up and proceeded to explain how speed kills etc etc etc.

As we dropped into Blanding he was waiting on a blind hill for us. We figured he hadn't gone far and were under the limit. He looked disappointed as we passed.

The trip to four corners was full tilt and a when we got to the monument a UHP cop was sitting there. He asked how fast the bikes would go and said that the cop in Blanding had warned half the state about us. He was a lot more interested in the bikes than in hassling us. He looked seriously jealous as we left.

Never saw any other troopers. We estimated the bulk of the ride at over 100. Not hard to do when your ride will get there in about 5 seconds.

I still have the bike. I need to make that trip again.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

i was on my bike. klr 650. headed home from a 3 day guiding trip near mt. cook in new zealand. a car passed me with a woman driving. i just fell in behind her about 2 k's back. we were doing 130kph in a 100kph zone. as we get to a town called omarama (omar-ah-ma). a know speed trap. the speed limit drops to 50 kph. she never really slowed down at all. i did. on the other side of town i start to open it up again with the intention of closing the gap that has widened up. i'm in a 70 doing 100. look in the mirrors and the red lights are flashing on the unmarked car. i start to pull over when the cop goes flying past me. i breathe a sigh of relief when he pulls her over. as he comes to a stop he jumps out of his car and flags me over as well. busted. he proceeds to read me the riot act, but since he can't have two cars on radar at once he has to let me go with a stern talking too. i'm sure she gotten written up. one thing about new zealand, if you are going 40kph over the posted it's an automatic and immediate loss of your license. the cop just takes it, then and there. your vehicle stays there and you either get a ride home or someone has to drive you.

another time. again heading home after guiding. on the bike. late at night. i pass a car and accelerate away. damn if the lights don't come on again. another unmarked car. got me going 127 in a 100 zone. got the ticket that time. cost me $170. would have been a new personal best for work to home if i hadn't got popped.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Well, maybe not every time...

Gotta love Lt. Dangle! I was also going to add that it may not work if you're pulled over by a female cop........but then again, I guess that would depend on the female! Being really sweet and using your "I just moved here officer" southern accent works well too.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

I live in Roy and realized that I had a concert in SLC in 30 minutes......needless to say I made it on time with about 17 minutes to spare...so ya Roy to downtown SLC = 13 minutes.

Been driving for 14 years and have never got a ticket. Not that I havent deserved 5 or 10 I have just choose my times to speed wisley. Knock on Wood!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Great stories.

The fastest that I have gone in a car: 150 in my Dodge Daytona Shelby.
    Wow. That is crazy. Glad you are still with us.

I never pull over for cops. Once you do, then the trouble starts.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

11 years driving and my only ticket was a Seatbelt violation as I hopped in my truck aat one friend's house and drove it 200 yards to my other friend's house without my seatbelt on.

Stupidest ticket ever, talk about a strict officer.

Been pulled over for speeding about 5 times and let off everytime. Nothing as crazy as all of you though.

I don't drive a car on public streets at insane speeds. I've had two friends killed in separate incidents by drivers who were recklessly speeding because they thought they could control their vehicle at that speed, because its just "everyone else who can't drive safely at those speeds." I even second guess myself for going 5 over every now and then...you never know.

Don't be that guy, and don't hit one of my friends. I'm not gonna lie, all the bragging makes me sick. Sorry to be the party pooper.

Drivers Of Sporty Cars Get Most Tickets, Right? WRONG
    http://www.wbbm780.com/Drivers-Of-Sp...ht--WR/4074820

(WBBM) - A study by a car insurance industry company confirms there's a strong link between what people drive and how they drive. But you knew that, right?

Maybe, maybe not because here's the surprise. The findings show that drivers of high-performance vehicles are by no means in the lead when it comes to counting the Top 10 most-ticketed vehicles.

Number One on the list with the most violations, according to Quality Planning Corporation, is the Hummer H2/H3, with 4.63 times the number of violations compared to the overall average. At the other end is the pick-up truck.

QPC says the driver behind the wheel of one type of vehicle may be eager to express his individuality, while another views his wheels simply as a way to get around.

"Hummer drivers feel like kings of the road because of their elevated driving position. As these statistics show, they are leading the pack when it comes to violating the law, which may reflect their driving attitude," says Mark S. Foster, author of A Nation on Wheels: The Automobile Culture in America Since 1945.

"The sense of power that Hummer drivers derive from their vehicle may be directly correlated with the number of violations they incur," said Dr. Raj Bhat, president of Quality Planning Corporation. "Or perhaps Hummer drivers, by virtue of their driving position, are less likely to notice road hazards, signs, pedestrians, and other drivers."

Three different Scion models made the Top 10 list of vehicles with the highest percentage of violations. Those cars are popular with younger drivers.

On the "Well-Behaved Vehicle List" are cars like the Jaguar XJ and Buick Park Avenue. QPC says violations involving these vehicle models appear to correlate positively with driver age, occupation, and/or lifestyle.

Table 1

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    The fastest that I have gone in a car: 150 in my Dodge Daytona Shelby
    Hey Acca... I raced on of those at Daytona in 1984 as part of Speedweek. It was a small support race publicity deal by Dodge in 1994 to help introduce the car and excite the auto enthusiasts. Maybe one of the best racing deals I ever had... I was sent to Daytona Beach with two other hot shoes, two haulers filled with fast cars and a credit card that had no limit

Cool. Mine looked exactly like this one and I had some turbo mods done. It was pretty fast and had some good boost. My buddy had one too and his Dad liked to read turbo magazines. He would always tinker with our cars. I also had a Chrysler Laser turbo (very similar car) in High School.

Just like mine:

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...-daytona-5.htm

Same color as mine too:

Somewhere I have some pictures from the race, I'll see if I can find them. Goodyear was there and took a bunch of pictures that were later used in some advertising material. The Goodyear photgrapher sent me about 100 differnet 8x10's from the race.

This is a picture of one of the cars I noticed on the web but this has to be several years latter as the livery has changed and we were runing under IMSA and not SCCA. I think they orginally built 6 of these cars. I'm not sure if any were built in later years.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I just found this post. You will not believe this but I have visited with the fine officers of the law 4 times in the last 60 days.

One going 70 in a 30 at 5 am going through kaysville headed to the gym. Right in front of the kaysville city building.

One in front of motel 6 in moab. 67 in a 40. Bet those of you who go to moab did not know the limit right there is 40.

One in logan going pass the airport coming home from snowmobiling. 70 in a 40.

One on the mountain road in layton 69 in a 55.

Now the amazing part is 3 of them wrote me up for 9 over and the cop in moab let me go. Now thats clean living. Should probably take the chip out of my duramax. But as the saying goes, there's no replacement for displacement.

I did get one going 112 at 2 am on my way to st george back when the limit was 55. The officer made me follow him back to the court house in juab county? He then made me post $100 bail in CASH. Never heard from the county and the ticket never showed on my record. The only thing my wife and I could figure out was, the officer and the lady in the jail had a nice little money making deal going on.

Talking about Daytona. Got pulled over driving on the beach in St. Augustine going 50 in a 15. I was in a rental car, did not have my license he couldn't find me in the national system. He then got a emergency call and let me go. Oh he was riding a atv also.
    more clean livin.

Quote Originally Posted by moab mark
    Got pulled over driving on the beach in St. Augustine going 50 in a 15.
    You were doing 50 on the beach