Thread: Krav Maga / Self Defense / Get in shape

Krav Maga / Self Defense / Get in shape

Half a year ago I found a new hobby... a Self Defense school. I first signed my kid up (5 years old) and he loved every class. After a couple of months taking him to classes, I decided to try it for myself and never looked back.

It's the best work out I have ever found. The instructor is one amazing dude, motivational and knows his stuff. You WILL burn about 900-1000 calories per class and you will love it

If anyone is interested about more details about this self defense technique, let me know I can explain more. But ever since I got into it, I've been telling all my family and friends about it.

Krav Maga is an Israeli Military self defense system taught to IDF units in Israel. 10 years ago it was opened up to USA to train here. It's not martial arts, there are no rules, there are no belts, there is no uniform, there is only survival.

The school's url: http://kravmagaslc.com

Here is a video I recorded of my class a few weeks ago.

High Quality available

The training is available 6 days a week (7 or 8 o'clock at night) The school is located on Ft Union and 23rd East. First class is free to check out.

Here is an article about Paul Evans' Academy Krav Maga http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=149504

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That is way cool that you do this. I have seen stuff about it on TV but you are the first person I have known who studies it.

How long have you been doing it and how much does it cost?

I started it last september and its 75 a month

Looks cool!

Is it painful? I mean, it looks like you can get in the family jewels very easily and I don't have any kids yet.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

very cool. not only good exercise but it would have it's practical applications to. Nothing wrong with knowing how to "put the hurt on" if the situation should require it.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

Yes very painful, hurty, bruisy and so damn addicting!

A cup and a mouth piece is a must though. I can tell you till wee hours in the morning, but you got to come and see/try it for yourself

And yes, it's very street practical, street/criminals/thieves have no rules when they rob ya... just FYI

What's the class schedule like, Alex? How many hour per month for $75?

The schedule is everyday at 7 or 8 pm, full schedule is on his site. You can go up to 2 times a week for 75 bucks. On top of that you can also take Tue and Thur classes of jiujitsu at 7pm and Krav at 8pm

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    The schedule is everyday at 7 or 8 pm, full schedule is on his site. You can go up to f times a week for 75 bucks. On top of that you can also take Tue and Thur classes of jiujitsu at 7pm and Krav at 8pm
    That's a nice deal!

Just not sure if I'm ready for ass kicking

Great stuff to get involved with Getting kids into it at a young age is awesome, it's something that will stick with them for years to come. Nothing like kicking butt when ya have to