Thread: Drama and Chaos-Youth Hockey Game

Drama and Chaos-Youth Hockey Game

Well, I am sure I have not seen it all....but tonight was eventful and the Little Man was right in the middle. They played a team that has two kids that would be best described as "instigators." Anyway, the Little Man was having none of it and was as physical as I have seen him all season. He ended up in the penalty box due to some after the whistle nonsense.... The game was a bit out of control.

Some of this chaos was due to the fact that they had 2 kids refereeing the game that had to be 14 and maybe 16 at best. They blew a few calls early and appeared flustered after that. The crowd on the far side didn't do much to help this with their cow bells and screaming.....

Anyway....the game ended in a tie....and after going through the line, the Little Man and 3-4 kids from the other team started going at it. All three of them followed him to the door as he was skating off the ice and one tried to trip him with their stick and that was it......

It was crazy to watch.... The refs and coaches broke it up fairly quickly...but the worst part, their crowd was cheering it all..... We are not at a AHL or NHL game.....not even an adult game..... This is a game of kids that are 11 & 12....you do not cheer fighting....

I was VERY proud of my son and have always told him that I better not ever hear of him being a bully.....but if anyone ever tries to hurt him, he has free reign to let the fists fly. That said, I would never cheer this as it was happening.....

Well....not Gordie Howe....but he did have a goal and a fight.....
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Attached Images Attached Images     

Well, I guess it's pretty obvious where the other team's players got their great sportsmanship from with fans like that cheering them on.

Hockey is one sport that I consider super awesome but never had a chance to get in to. Now I'm too old to start and too wimpy even if I did get into it.

Congrats to the "little man" for taking care of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Hockey is one sport that I consider super awesome but never had a chance to get in to. Now I'm too old to start....
    Age is just a number......

That said, I am not sure what the opportunity in Southern Utah is as far as ice time, drop in and "beer" leagues.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent K25
    Hockey is one sport that I consider super awesome but never had a chance to get in to. Now I'm too old to start....
    Age is just a number......

That said, I am not sure what the opportunity in Southern Utah is as far as ice time, drop in and "beer" leagues.....
    Yeah I'm certainly not living in the hockey capital of the world. Most of my free time goes to coaching basketball, playing basketball, and biking.

How many skinny 6'5" hockey players are there in the NHL?

The other team must have been from Boise.......I've heard many stories from a hockey mom I work with.

Great action shots, and good for your son's goal!!!
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH