Thread: This is a pretty good story

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have not slept well lately... that story made me a little emotional. I love it when you hear about normal people doing great things.

2 things.

1. Awesome story, gotta love when sportsmanship prevails.

2. Why wasn't he on the pre-game roster? When we have a kid out of town, or a kid sick, or whatever the reason for him not playing....we still put him in the book. Fill it out the same as the previous game. Just seems odd to me as a high school basketball coach.

When I retold the story to my wife and she asked me why he wasn't on the roster, I told her it was because his Mom had just died that morning and the coach didn't think he would be attending. I obviously don't know that to be true, but it made sense enough to be added to my version of that story.

You guys should hear my version. It has pirates, plot twists, surprise endings, the works.

Yeah, I think I want to hear that version.

The reason the roster thing is so weird to me is because it is so important. You just can't afford to give up a Technical, possession and 2 free throws. Even if we don't expect someone to be there for a game we copy the roster from the previous game. That way there is no question every single game whether or not everyone is the book.

I mean, what if the person running the book forgets to put him in there next game too, because they check their list based on the last game? I know I'm getting a little too into this, but anyway...