Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out Burger coming to Draper

In-N-Out Burger coming to Draper

In-N-Out to open near Utah copycat
    February 12th, 2009, by Nancy Luna, Staff Writer

In-N-Out Burger plans to open its second fast-food restaurant in Utah. The new eatery will be located south of Salt Lake City and about 15 miles from Chadder

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Chadder

I would trade In-N-out for Wendy's, BK, and McD's.
    There was one by my old house and I liked the fry's and shakes there.

And you can't take away our Mexican fast food places. I think there is one per block here. Of course when all the illegal aliens go back home because of lack of work they may close a few. The parking lot at Albertson's will also be empty.

I'm just glad I live and work in Kearns instead of Draper. I'd be going there several times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Just what Utah needs... another fast-food burger resturant.
    James
    Agreed. I'd like to see more nice places to eat, rather than all of the fast-food places that keep popping up.

In-N-Out is OK - overrated in my opinion, and that's coming from a So Cal native. Although, it'll be nice to have a place to use all of the In-N-Out gift cards I get when I go home for the holidays. I used to have to drive to Vegas to redeem one!

I've become a fan of the flame-broiled burgers at the Crown / Apollo / Astro Burger chain. Tastier burgers, and the frys don't taste like cardboard.

This joint will be about 2 miles from my front door.....

There is already an Astro Burger and Cafe Rio in this same strip mall... fast food heaven....

I guess the people writing the article don't really know Utah that well. The in-n-out probably won't be a big competition for Chadders. They are too far apart.
    I have been to in-n-out, Chadders, and EZ burger. They are all pretty much the same. I like the burgers but it isn't worth buying a t-shirt or bumper sticker for.
    The man thong is wrong.

I heard Five Guys Burgers and Fries joint is rockin'!

http://www.fiveguys.com/
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I read in the "Enterprise" that they are negotiating with Jordan Landing (out here in W. Jordan) as well.

I've never been to an "In-and-Out Burger", so don't understand all the fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I guess the people writing the article don't really know Utah that well. The in-n-out probably won't be a big competition for Chadders. They are too far apart.
    I have been to in-n-out, Chadders, and EZ burger. They are all pretty much the same. I like the burgers but it isn't worth buying a t-shirt or bumper sticker for.
    I dunno dude. This was my thinking when the In/Out came here to St George. We have a bunch of decent burger places to eat and they are pretty much the same IMO. I would rate the one here as mediocre. My favorite is this place called Marv's. Anyways this place is packed 24/7. I've actually only eaten there once, but even driving by at 10AM, the line goes out into the best buy parking lot. People at my old work would spend their entire lunch break driving up 2 exits and then sit in line for 40 mins. They would be the envy of the call center when they walked back with trophy cups in hand. Totally bizarre.

I guess mine wasn't laced with heroin?

Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman70
    I've become a fan of the flame-broiled burgers at the Crown / Apollo / Astro Burger chain. Tastier burgers, and the frys don't taste like cardboard.

As a native Utahan who grew up next to the Astro Burger, I would like to shake your hand and welcome you as brother.

James

As a native Utahan who grew up next to the Astro Burger, I would like to shake your hand and welcome you as brother.

James
    I'm with ya on this one.
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

Quote Originally Posted by offpiste

James
    I'm with ya on this one.
    I call the place, "the heart attack palace."
    My work posse goes every now and then for a laugh and to hang with cops and construction workers.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    I dunno dude. This was my thinking when the In/Out came here to St George. We have a bunch of decent burger places to eat and they are pretty much the same IMO. I would rate the one here as mediocre. My favorite is this place called Marv's. Anyways this place is packed 24/7. I've actually only eaten there once, but even driving by at 10AM, the line goes out into the best buy parking lot. People at my old work would spend their entire lunch break driving up 2 exits and then sit in line for 40 mins. They would be the envy of the call center when they walked back with trophy cups in hand. Totally bizarre.

I guess mine wasn't laced with heroin?

Don't get me wrong. I love the burgers. I just think it has been hyped out of control. I have to be in the right mood though. A super greasy double double animal style doesn't sit well with my digestive system.
    I would take a apollo burger over in n out most days though. Except that crappy one that is by the trax station at 3300 s. I think. Worst crap ever eaten. Gives me shivers thinking about the green hotdogs that even my 2 year old wouldn't eat.
    What is that drive-inn that is on St George BLVD, near the freeway? I could be off on the street actually. If I remember it is west of the freeway. It was hella good.

Did you buy a in-n-out tshirt when you went?
    The man thong is wrong.

Except that crappy one that is by the trax station at 3300 s. I think. Worst crap ever eaten. Gives me shivers thinking about the green hotdogs that even my 2 year old wouldn't eat.
    Yeah I have had a couple of sub-par experiences with that location, never green hotdogs though. Apollo has gone corporate and offer franchises. As a results the prices are a little cheaper but the quality is a little lower. The original location on North Temple still does a good job.

If you ever find yourself in that area again go down State Street to the Astro on 39th. All the Astro Burgers are still owed an operated by the original brothers and their families. So the quality has stayed high.

Crown Burger does a good job. I think they are all still owned by family. I don

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]

Crown Burger does a good job. I think they are all still owned by family. I don

What is that drive-inn that is on St George BLVD, near the freeway? I could be off on the street actually. If I remember it is west of the freeway. It was hella good.

Did you buy a in-n-out tshirt when you went?
    Oh that place with the neon sign of a "fat kid eating a hamburger"? I've never eaten there. The sign scares me, hehe. If I'm in the area I hit up Chuck-o-rama, Mongolian BBQ or Ruby Tuesday. I wish I could recall the name. Right next to Roberto's taco shop #12. Doh! I'll have to try it now that you said it's good.

Oh that place with the neon sign of a "fat kid eating a hamburger"? I've never eaten there. The sign scares me, hehe. If I'm in the area I hit up Chuck-o-rama, Mongolian BBQ or Ruby Tuesday. I wish I could recall the name. Right next to Roberto's taco shop #12. Doh! I'll have to try it now that you said it's good.
    Larsen's Frostop is the name. They have the fat kid with the hamburger. Food was good but prices were pretty high if I remember right. Super good shakes though. I don't think anything could beat a mongolian bbq IMO.

http://tinyurl.com/d8r7qr
    The man thong is wrong.

Larsen's Frostop is the name. They have the fat kid with the hamburger. Food was good but prices were pretty high if I remember right. Super good shakes though. I don't think anything could beat a mongolian bbq IMO.

http://tinyurl.com/d8r7qr
    That's it! Yeppers. oh and you put up a link for Marv's!! Ssshuuussshhh! Gotta keep the best hamburger joint on the planet a secret bro. Don't want to have a line when I go.

Right next to Roberto's taco shop #12.
    Oh dang, you have those too. We have him plus all the cousins, uncles, and aunts. They are everywhere. No escape!