Thread: me again!

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

me again!

Ok I am thinking that I am the only one skiing around here... or no one posts. So if you get sick of my ski posts of course you are welcome not to read.

I only made three runs this morning. I went up to do my gate duty for ski team and figured I drove all that way might as well make good use of the drive. I guess SNB received about 8 inches, most of it was tracked out, however I found a few nice little spots. The coolest thing was my first run... I came up to the top of a ridge to drop down into Sunshine Bowl and there were some weird brown spots at the bottom of the run. I am near sighted so things far away are kinda fuzzy. Well these were not just kinda fuzzy they were little fox's two of them. I took a pic with my blackberry but it did not turn out.

Any how as usual I ended up upside down sliding down the hill and took a pic. Hell I always have fun.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You were this weekend I was stuck at UVU at a conference for work. Thanks for keeping us updated on the snow conditions with your reports.
    livinutoutdoors.com
    Don't talk unless you can improve the silence.
    The trout do not rise in the cemetery, so you better do your fishing while you are still alive. SGH

I can more frequently if you need me to. I am sure work will understand when I tell them Bogley needs a snow report. (i wish)
    Chere'

I was out this weekend. The plan was to skin up Amazon Creek to the ridge across from Beaver, ski down to the old Amazon Mine, and back out to the cars. The loop was four or five miles and when I pulled out my camera for a pic of the cornice along the lee side of the ridge, I got the replace the battery message.

To make a long story short, one member of the group wasn't a strong enough skier to get out along the intended route on the xc gear she brought. I was on my hybrid setup and to be honest, I'm not sure I could've pulled it off on matchsticks myself. We ended up turning around and skiing out the way we came in.

The other guy who showed up on xc gear was scary good. I don't see very many skiers capable of making one tele turn after another going down through the trees on stiff double camber waxless skis with 68mm shovels.

BTW, love the new avatar.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

You aren't the only one skiing, I'm just always too cold to pull out my camera. I went Thursday, Friday, today, and will be up tomorrow, Wednesday, and probably Thursday. Today was amazing, tomorrow will be even better! If you have sick days to use, this week is a good time to use them! :)

Thanks Cachehiker (about the avatar) I was board at a wedding this summer. I was my friends stand in date for his sisters wedding.

I was suppose to go skiing this morning but my kid needs to go to the doctor so depending on when we get done with that visit I might still go or maybe just wait and go tomorrow.
    Chere'

I've been skiing, just not posting! Here's a few:
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum