Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion Bogleyfest - June 26-28 09' A Sucess! :)

I can not make the second weekend in June (12-14); Army weekend. The first weekend (5-7) looks much better for me.
    I get into this thread and keep thinking about sleeping behind the bar last year. That was the first weekend in June too...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'll definitely be around to help out but probably won't be able to participate. I can probably do some logistics, like get permits or? I know I'll be in for Saturday nites party!

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Does the 5th-7th work for everyone else? It works for me, and I definitely want Don to be there so I can make fun of him some more for BlueEyesSmiling out running him in his running away pictures :)

Bogley BigShot
    I am voting for the last weekend in June and I scanned the posts -- so far it seems that is the date that will work so far for everyone. Anyone have a problem with the last weekend in June?

Getting a date down is a good first step.

Note: Father's Day is the 21st
    ALSO --- I will be gone 19 -21st to testify at a hearing so that weekend would be out for me but can do any other weekend in June, but I still think its going to better at the end of the month when warmer.

Could come down 5-7 Jun, but 12-14 Jun or 26-28 Jun works better for me. Did Englestead last year first weekend in Jun and there was still a bunch of snow in there, pretty effy at the time, the Narrows was running around 100 cfs that weekend. I also believe Echo was not in the best of conditions as well.

I could take some people thru Birch Hollow and Spry.

My vote is for end of June as well

June 19th-21st
    or
    June 26th - 28th ?

I am anxious for the day to get here, so I'm leaning towards the 19th-21st but I am going to love this either way.

Bogley BigShot
    I can't go on the 19th to 21st -- court thing.

Okay, there you have it. The official date of Bogley Fest is June 26th - 28th. If someone has an issue with that speak now or forever hold your peace.

June 26th - 28th

If you guys could just go ahead and design the thing to work around my schedule, that'd be greeeeaaaaat

That date looks tentatively good for me. I floated the idea to the family this weekend and they were positive about it. Hopefully I can meet some Bogleyites face-to-face in June!
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    If you guys could just go ahead and design the thing to work around my schedule, that'd be greeeeaaaaat

26-28 Jun works for me as well. No permit needed for Birch Hollow. Cannot at this time get permits on-line for Spry in that time frame, most likely will have to wait at least a couple of weeks or a month. So whoever wants to do Birch Hollow you can sign up now, I guess. There will be a limit of 6 for this canyon, maybe more. So far me and a buddy are going.

Bogley BigShot
    Just like last year - refer to the 1st post on this thread for a summary of what is going on. That way no one has to sift through the entire thread to see what's up.

How did I get bumped off from leading Birch Hollow?

From someone who has planned these things before..... you are making this much to difficult. This is a Bogley trip and should just be posted on Bogley in the appropriate section.... set it up so whomever is in charge can modify the first post in the thread and keep everything important in that post. Makes things super easy for everyone to keep current....

or... you can go make your own mistakes and then discover that this is really the best method.

So who do I have to talk to to get my name on the list of attendees?

And as a local, I am available to stand in line at 3am to pick up permits as necessary.

I'll be in the crowd.

Lookin' forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

or... you can go make your own mistakes and then discover that this is really the best method.

I am just trying to help get the word out to as many Bogleyites as possible. I really think that there are a lot of people who want to come but don't feel comfortable because they are either unfamiliar with Canyoneering or because they have never gotten together with other people on Bogley and broken through the barrier of dealing with "real" people and not just internet friends.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5