Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion Bogleyfest - June 26-28 09' A Sucess! :)

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Depending on the timing, I would be willing to help out where I can. I've been to Zion a couple of times.
    I hear Scott has an inside track on permit's. Something about Mapleton Mafia.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Depending on the timing, I would be willing to help out where I can. I've been to Zion a couple of times.
    I hear Scott has an inside track on permit's. Something about Mapleton Mafia.
    I don't know watz you talkin' about. I don't know nuttin. Youz gotz the wrong guy. Why don't you come over for a poached egg or poached salmon or sumpin. You can meet my friend Mickey.
    Life is Good

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopi...r=asc&start=60

Regarding Moab- Should we combine the two? Or still shoot to do another canyon Noobfest? What's cool about the weekend of May 1 is Cirrus (Kevin) will be in town all the way from Canada.

So is the May get together happening in lieu of "Bogley Fest"? Are they two different trips and is so is the Bogley Fest still happening?

Bogley BigShot

Bogley BigShot

Re: BogleyFest 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Seems like it's time to think about the 2009 Canyon BogleyFest.

I realize how big of a headache this was to plan last year, so let's see if we can simplify it up a bit.

Zion sounds like a great place to have it, but obtaining the permits is a task. Are there any other areas that would be easy to plan? I'm sure it would be a ball to camp out in the middle of nowhere.

Does June still work for everybody?

There are lots of fun places in the Zion area that don't need a permit.

I went my Mosquito Cove yesterday and it had campers .. so it is still open.

I don't have the Canyoneering experience to organize and plan the canyons, but I do have a great camping suggestion. Last year we camped in a spot just off the road about 10 or 15 minutes from the park. It is probably big enough for everyone to camp in the same spot. Like I said it is just off the road, which isn't great but the location's proximity to the park is great and it is free and it would be fun to be all together.

I just don't want to put Shane through that headache of organizing it again.

...because we're still depending on him to do it all for us again this year.

How many showed up at zion? I would not recommend Moab in June? Most of the canyons would be HOT!
    Mark

There were probably about 25 of us last year (roughly)

If this ends up in Zion in June I'll help plan. Lots of options available that time of year.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

I believe we are shooting for June Nelson. I am happy to help too, I think I could just be a better assistant for this trip planning than leader (due to my lack of experience with Canyoneering).

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    If this ends up in Zion in June I'll help plan. Lots of options available that time of year.
    Since I hear Nelson is a blast, that should make it lots of fun!!!

Yeah, let's say June. It'll be a little warm, but all the better for swimming.

Moab is in May.

As a total new person I didn't want to sway your choice. But, if you guys are settled on Zion in June that might work well for me. School's out 6/10. If you do this on the 6/13 weekend or later I'll try to make it!

Zion's also doable as one really long day's drive from the Bay Area.

The pic above didn't show any kids. Are they welcome/expected?
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Tanya and I can help as well. Lets talk and get things going. Looks like we have lots of folks willing to help. So far there is Tanya and I, A.J., Trackrunner, Randi and Scott.

Anyone else want to help set up the fest, get permits, set up camp sites, experienced enough and willing to lead groups of beginners?

I think the first step will be picking the weekend. The weekends in June are the following:

- - - - - - - - - - -
    June 5th-7th

June 12th-14th

June 19th-21th

June 26th - 28th
    - - - - - - - - - - -

The earlier in the month probably the better for me, but I will make it to BogleyFest either way.

Last year I camped just off the road right here:

Bogley BigShot
    oh MEN! Count me in.

I never know these days where I will be living too far into the future, but right now I am living alone in St. George/Ivins. (yeah, I know it was Vegas just a couple of weeks ago) If that is the case still during the Bogleyfest, which it should be, then everyone that fits can camp in my house ---- at least those who don't want to rough the great outdoors. That way we can car pool and save on the Zion entrance fees, gas and motel rooms. I am living just a few blocks away from Bo too.

I can also help out if need be.