Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion Bogleyfest - June 26-28 09' A Sucess! :)

I won't be there to enforce this, but I suggest that people chip in and buy Tanya's dinner when you get together as a thank you for all the work she has done.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Well my wife and I just found out she is pregnant. We weren't expecting to have it take on the first try. So she is out of Englestead and yankee doodle combo.

I am still going please leave my name on the list. I am not that cool of a husband.
    You might need to PM Tanya looks like your wife is still on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    So.... all we have left is 2 spots on Sunday on 2 different canyons.

Trip Organizers: Bo, Pubalz (Dave) TrackRunner
    Pine Creek and Keyhole on Sunday - 12 limit
    4. Robin
    5. Aaron
    6. Death Cricket
    7. Alison
    8. Pubalz daughter
    9. The King (Dave)
    10. Paul (Ststephen)
    11. Andy Archibald
    Canyon girl is my wife. She won't be coming now. She is still listed on the yankee doodle trip, you can take her off. Looks like you got her off the Englestead trip already.
    I will also PM you.
    The man thong is wrong.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I won't be there to enforce this, but I suggest that people chip in and buy Tanya's dinner when you get together as a thank you for all the work she has done.
    yeah... or at least lots of drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    The pregnant wife is removed.. Congrats on that!
    Thanks! And thanks for keeping track of the list. That is probably really annoying.
    The man thong is wrong.

Bogley BigShot
    not at all --- the people doing the work are the trip organizers! All I do is type and little then show up for the parties in Springdale at the fest. Its those trip organizers that should get the free meals. -- but you can all buy mine if you want instead.

My sister Julia wants to join us on the Sunday Mystery trip with Matt and Randi if there's still space available!

Quote Originally Posted by mmac
    My sister Julia wants to join us on the Sunday Mystery trip with Matt and Randi if there's still space available!
    Yeah!!!
    Some people "go" through life and other people "grow" through life. -Robert Holden

So, I'm down for helping plan and even hosting the Saturday night pot luck but I still don't have a firm camping plan and I doubt we can host a pot luck from out behind the Pizza Noodle where Josh and I spent a night last year.
    I was thinking somewhere up on Gooseberry Mesa but someone (Tom maybe?) posted that the road up there isn't the best and may not be for everyone. I don't remember it being that bad when I was up there last fall...
    Anyone down there have time to check out the road? Or suggest a better sopt to camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    I was thinking somewhere up on Gooseberry Mesa but someone (Tom maybe?) posted that the road up there isn't the best and may not be for everyone. I don't remember it being that bad when I was up there last fall...
    Anyone down there have time to check out the road? Or suggest a better sopt to camp?
    Drove it last weekend after hiking with Bo in my off road honda civic. For normal people I'd recomend something higher clearance then a civic. It had some deep ruts and rocks that I was able to ravel around when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Drove it last weekend after hiking with Bo in my off road honda civic. For normal people I'd recomend something higher clearance then a civic. It had some deep ruts and rocks that I was able to ravel around when needed.
    I still think it's do-able I just don't want people skipping the pot-luck Saturday night because they are afraid of the road.

Bogley BigShot
    Alex just had his birthday and Don's will be during the fest, so we need to celebrate them there. Does anyone else who is going have a birthday this month?

Been *so* swamped with work and guiding my son through his first serious final projects and exams. Man, 7th grade is tough! But school's almost over and now Bogley Fest is only 3 weeks away. Yeah!

Do we need to organize some group items like tables, BBQ's etc. for the pot luck? I have room in my truck to bring some stuff but don't own a portable BBQ.
    It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life. - Ten Bears, "The Outlaw Josie Wales"

Quote Originally Posted by Deeps
    I'm not on the trip, but I'm interested in the practice day. I sent you a pm, please let me know if there's room for me on the practice day when the dates are set.
    So I've recieved some PMs on basic skills practice for newbs going. I may be free on some week days. Next weekend is the BAM triatholon that I have to help my brother (co-owner) out with. I'm more than willing to help just have to fine some place to go? Maybe Pete's rock, know of a place up Neffs, a few up Big Cottonwood. Looking for some place where an easy top rope rappel, ideal if start out small and can progress to larger height for the noobs. Ideas? Anyone else want to help?

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeps
    I'm not on the trip, but I'm interested in the practice day. I sent you a pm, please let me know if there's room for me on the practice day when the dates are set.
    So I've recieved some PMs on basic skills practice for newbs going. I may be free on some week days. Next weekend is the BAM triatholon that I have to help my brother (co-owner) out with. I'm more than willing to help just have to fine some place to go? Maybe Pete's rock, know of a place up Neffs, a few up Big Cottonwood. Looking for some place where an easy top rope rappel, ideal if start out small and can progress to larger height for the noobs. Ideas? Anyone else want to help?
    Cody, Josh & me climb every Wednesday in American Fork canyon. There's a nice wall with easy access for rappel training. I had a buddy up there just last weekend for some basic skills stuff. Your welcome to join us this Wednesday after work. Just send me a PM.

AF Canyon

I have taken some newbs and some scouts up AF in the past. The best place I have found is the first picnic area after the road forks to tibble fork on the tibble road. If you follow the hiking trail up around the back side of the cliff then you can get up on top and set up a top rope. You can drop of the front face or around the side and its a good 50-60 ft. just my 2 cents...we are planning on heading up in the next week or so to take a few people on a refresher. hope this helps..
    Stop checking my spelling! I know I suck but I amn't in school anymor, so back off.

Hate to bail, but I won't be able to make it to the fest at all. My spots for Sat & Sun can be refilled.

Thanks

Ugh! I have to bail on Friday's trip. I have to take a very important test on that friday in Vegas. Sorry about the late notification, But can you take me off the list for Friday only (Tom's trip)? Still no problems with Sat and Sun.

Sorry Tom! I was totally looking forward to meeting you guys too.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcricket
    Ugh! I have to bail on Friday's trip. I have to take a very important test on that friday in Vegas. Sorry about the late notification, But can you take me off the list for Friday only (Tom's trip)? Still no problems with Sat and Sun.

Sorry Tom! I was totally looking forward to meeting you guys too.
    Looks like Ryan and I are going to miss Sundays Rock Canyon trip. I was really looking forward to it too :( Tom, can we take Deathcricket and Sombeechs spots and join you on Spry on Friday?

I won't be able to make the fest this year. I have to bail. Catch you all on the next one...