Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion Bogleyfest - June 26-28 09' A Sucess! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Odie_Canyon
    So who do I have to talk to to get my name on the list of attendees?

And as a local, I am available to stand in line at 3am to pick up permits as necessary.
    Way to go. You are a most valuable asset particularly for day one.

As far as permits go, it may be helpful to find out who can pull express permits.

Glad you put me on the follower list. Much more relaxing to not be in charge. (I am trying to free up a day or two to help out)
    Life is Good

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    As far as permits go, it may be helpful to find out who can pull express permits.
    It looks like I need to head to Zion this weekend and renew my express permit... Either way I should have one by June.
    Hold my glasses, I'm going to jump!

Bogley BigShot
    Scott you just say the word. If you already said it, then it was too subtle.

Oh!!! Just read your post! "Help Out" means lead a canyon. I think you better make that part real clear to me or I will be sticking every one that wants to help out there ... like Win ... I think he would shoot me if I did. Okay, You are on the list of who would like to lead.

Those of you who are willing to get the permit, perhaps you can get with the canyon leaders and help them out. I think that will work the best having small groups put things together instead of one person organzing all the permits.

There are some rules we need to follow at Zion too that we did not last year. Maybe Bo can explain those to us, since he knows them well or anyone else familar with them.

Anyone that feels they are qualified to lead, just post it here and it will get on the list of who will be considered. We want to make sure all our newbies are safe, so like with all things, not everyone gets selected. If you want to ask in private, then PM DiscGo.

Anyone have any ideas? Is there anything we are missing?

Shane? Any more input for us?

Jason... that is a good idea. I think I will get that done too!

We are hoping to have as many people lead trips as possible that have already led a Bogley sanctioned trip (so ideally the same people as last year). Safety is of course our number one concern and having an awesome time is a close second concern.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

We may want to consider moving it back a bit. Last year we did this in early June and there was still a lot of snow in the higher up canyons. I'm open for whatever but the snow may again limit the available options, especially those on the Kolob side. I know we are looking at late June so that may help.

Any canyon requests? I'm thinking the Eye of the Needle on Friday and North Fork of Oak on Saturday with a jug up the Chute on boths days instead of the MIA exit. Maybe even a Boundary on Sunday?

Or a more noob friendly option would be Boundary on Friday and Rock on Saturday. We could tie together a group doing Misery with a group doing rock since the rock exit is way more friendly than the misery exit. IMO.

Or we could do Das Boot, however I refuse to do the Subway without including the Das Boot section, or maybe even a Left Fork from the seeps.

I'm open to suggestion.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

Bogley BigShot
    I might be off base, but I am thinking we need more leaders if we are going to follow the park rules -- which we should. We will need smaller groups this year, which means more leaders for more canyons or we will have to do some canyons that don't need permits.. which is fun too.

What do you all want to do this year? Look at last years thread for some good ideas. The link is at the bottom of the 1st post. We can't take 2 big groups through Subway, Pine Creek and Keyhole like last year, but we can take some people.

There are several that are fun that don't need permits but the problem is that a harder canyon takes more time thus you can't take too many on it. Red Cave might be fun. Yankee Doodle is okay. Birch is one of my favorites but can't take a big group. Fat man's would really be an awesome day.. but a long long hard hard day for newbies (and those not so new too)

Take a look at this list. The canyons are pretty much listed from easiest to hardest.

http://www.zionnational-park.com/zio...nyoneering.htm

Shane lists which ones are easiest to hardest as well
    http://www.climb-utah.com/Zion/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonccc
    I refuse to do the Subway without including the Das Boot section, or maybe even a Left Fork from the seeps.

Scott Card had a route he took which sounded awesome. What was the route you suggested last week at lunch Scott?

Bogley BigShot
    We may want to consider moving it back a bit. Last year we did this in early June and there was still a lot of snow in the higher up canyons. I'm open for whatever but the snow may again limit the available options, especially those on the Kolob side. I know we are looking at late June so that may help.

Any canyon requests? I'm thinking the Eye of the Needle on Friday and North Fork of Oak on Saturday with a jug up the Chute on boths days instead of the MIA exit. Maybe even a Boundary on Sunday?

Or a more noob friendly option would be Boundary on Friday and Rock on Saturday. We could tie together a group doing Misery with a group doing rock since the rock exit is way more friendly than the misery exit. IMO.

Or we could do Das Boot, however I refuse to do the Subway without including the Das Boot section, or maybe even a Left Fork from the seeps.

I'm open to suggestion.
    I am very open to August! I want to do Eye of the Needle, Rock and Boundary! Those are 3 I have never done! .

Das Boot is one of my favorite, but I would like to get on at least one of the ones I said I never did there.

I have two issues with August-

1) I am so excited for this trip that waiting until August sounds very painful :)

2) My wife is expecting a baby at the end of August or beginning of September and I need to make sure I am around her the closer we get to that time.

But seriously whatever. I just want another great BogleyFest to go down. It totally needs to be an annual tradition!

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I should be able to attend this year, I can help in whatever capacity.
    I am on the express system also.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    As a leader?

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    As a leader?
    Sure.

I would also like to do Boundary, I could lead Birch Hollow the next day or vice versa. But I thought this was about the new people getting into canyons?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I refuse to do the Subway without including the Das Boot section, or maybe even a Left Fork from the seeps.

Scott Card had a route he took which sounded awesome. What was the route you suggested last week at lunch Scott?
    He was talking about Englestead.

Did anyone else think that Justin was stronger than that?

Bogley BigShot

I beat most men! He beat me! It shocked me!!!!! He is super strong!

LOL

Sorry, we took the video down. it's on a secondary youtube account. we'll repost it soon

in my defense, I couldn't "take tanya's wrist". LOL

I vote for Oscar's first, Bit n' Spur second. I will be staying in the great outdoors (Mosquito Cove or Smith Mesa).

I'm open to suggestion.
    Rock is a waste of time, if you want to take it off your list or just slogg on out in the water go for it, lol

Don was right. I was talking about Englestead. Not for the faint of heart or elvis in the knees.
    Life is Good