Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Zion Bogleyfest - June 26-28 09' A Sucess! :)

Zion Bogleyfest - June 26-28 09' A Sucess! :)

Bogelyfest: Friday, Saturday and Sunday
    June 26 to June 28

Organizing trip through individual canyons
    If you want to lead lets put your name here. You then choose a canyon, obtain the permit or permits needed. Those interested can contact you and then you post in info in the group. Feel free to use the thread to discuss things. Leaders are responsible for picking the canyon they want to lead, getting the permits and communicating with those that want to go with them. Dole out duties to those that want to go with you such as obtaining permits, shuttles, etc... Post in the thread what canyon you are doing and if it will be on Friday, Saturday or Sunday so people can get with you. Last year a large group of us, most of those doing Subway, Pine Creek and Keyhole, met at the backcountry desk to obtain permits at the same time - at 9am. That might work for some canyons this year and for some it will not.

Bogleyfest - Post in this thread the trip(s) you would like to do
    Important! We are just a bunch of friends meeting to do canyons together, this is not a class or a guided trip! If you lack rappelling skills find someone to take you out to practice before the Bogleyfest. In the slot is not the time to learn to rappel. You need to be able to do the canyons you sign up for with a group. This means you know how to clip in and rappel without help, you do not 'freak-out' on long or awkward rappels, you can at least dog paddle to shore and you do not 'freak-out' when swimming in darkish, cold canyons.

If you feel you need help in the canyons message (PM) the person leading the canyon you are interested in .... but ultimately....
    YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY!
    Helmets are REQUIRED on all the trips
    Ask about wet/dry suits if you are uncertain if you need one or not.

If you asked to be on a trip and there was an opening - and I missed you, please make sure I know and put you on that trip!!

Everyone Check this to make sure it is Correct Please

More info
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopi...=15843&start=0

Bogelyfest: Friday, Saturday and Sunday
    June 26 to June 28

Ask Jaxx about Behunin and Telephone canyon permits during the fest that he has up for grabs!

Trip Organizers: Randi, Bo and Shaun (Trackrunner)
    Subway on Saturday - 12 limit

1. Randi
    2. Bo
    3. Shaun
    4. Deeps - Dean Paul
    5. Hank
    6. Trackrunner's other half
    7. Blueeyes (Chere)
    8. Acca - Scott
    9. ppurdon - Paul
    10. mmac - Mike
    11. Maria
    12. Julia
    Meet at 7AM at the lower trailhead, work out the shuttle to the top and start hiking by 8am?

Trip Organizers: Bo, Pubalz (Dave) TrackRunner
    Pine Creek and Keyhole on Sunday - 12 limit
    4. Robin
    5. Aaron
    6. Death Cricket
    7. Deeps - Dean Paul
    8. Pubalz daughter
    9. The King (Dave)
    10. Paul (Ststephen)
    11. Andy Archibald
    12. Teancum
    *Trip Full - 12 Max

Trip Organizer: Oldno -Kurt - Limit 6
    Saturday - Spry Canyon (permits requested)
    2. Frank n' Beans
    3. Jody
    4. Paul (Ststephen)
    5. Aaron
    6. Robin
    * Win will shuttle us to the trailhead. Thanks Win
    *Trip Full
    Meet Kurt at the Visitor Center at 8am.

Sunday - Yankee Doodle plus a new canyon nearby
    Trip Organizer: Kurt - Oldno
    2. Frank n' Beans
    3. Jody
    4. Jaxx
    5. Chabidiah
    6. Jaxx's BIL
    7. Bret
    *Trips Full
    Meet at the Southbound, Leeds exit(I-15) at 8:00am Kurt will be in a red dodge pick-up.

Trip Organizer: Mr Brejcha (Matt) and Pubalz
    Spry on Saturday - Limit 6

2. Don
    3. Gonzo
    4. Bugby
    5. Pubalz (Dave)
    6. Pubalz daughter
    *6 max - Trip Full

[B]Saturday

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: BogleyFest 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Seems like it's time to think about the 2009 Canyon BogleyFest.

I realize how big of a headache this was to plan last year, so let's see if we can simplify it up a bit.

Zion sounds like a great place to have it, but obtaining the permits is a task. Are there any other areas that would be easy to plan? I'm sure it would be a ball to camp out in the middle of nowhere.

Does June still work for everybody?
    June sounds great! I hope to make it no matter where it may happen?

Think this sounds great! Let's have some canyon monkeys throw some suggestions our way. Zion was marvelous though......agh. Zion. So sweet it was. I am all bout roughing it, camping.......etc..

I'm game to help put together the Zion thing again if thats where it ends up being again.
    beefcake. BEEFCAKE!

If it is held in Jun-Sep, Zion is the only place to have it, otherwise you will be eaten alive by mosquitos and die of heat. If you want to do this eariler, say Apr-early May, then the Swell, North Wash, Robbers Roost, Cedar Mesa areas are great to be in. Oh, I would like to join it this year.

I am definitely in for BogleyFest and I will be bring ankle braces for both ankles this year. I can't wait!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    I would be game and help plan, maybe even lead a group, obtain a permit if in Zion.

Mentioned that it would be unpleasant for the other areas in June. Why limit Bogley fest to just one trip. Why not a fest in Zion, Roost or Swell some other time?

Canyoneering season starts next weekend for me.

Great idea, I'm for it.

Quote Originally Posted by trackrunner
    I would be game and help plan, maybe even lead a group, obtain a permit if in Zion.

Mentioned that it would be unpleasant for the other areas in June. Why limit Bogley fest to just one trip. Why not a fest in Zion, Roost or Swell some other time?

Canyoneering season starts next weekend for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I am definitely in for BogleyFest and I will be bring ankle braces for both ankles this year. I can't wait!

I'd be really psyched to help out If I might be of use. Certainly Zion is close to me, therefore most appealing, however, I'm sure that by June I'd be really anxious to fiddle elswhere as well! If the decision is finally made and happens to be in Zion, I'll do my best to secure a permit or help in any way I might.

I'd be game to help out as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    Are there any other areas that would be easy to plan?
    I assume you are looking for easy canyons only?
    I was thinking more along the lines of permits. The main headache of the Fest is planning for about 30 "Maybe's", especially with permits.

I love Zion, and if there are cool canyons there that don't need a permit, then we can just say "Hey, meet here at 7 if you want to do this canyon with us" and we don't care who backs out at the last minute.

I suspect that the nervous noobs will know if they could do the canyon or not, if we provide the right info. Then they can choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I suspect that the nervous noobs will know if they could do the canyon or not, if we provide the right info. Then they can choose.
    Nervous Noobs? That's cute!
    Will there be any gratuitous nudity like last time? Hehe....
    I'd be game to lead *something easy* or help out, or ? *if it all happens at a time & place I can get to. It was SOOO much fun last time, but I didn't get to do canyons with a bunch of you!

Count me in as a possible attendee.
    If the shoe fits ~ pretend it doesn

I didn't really know people in my group last year (Abirken, TrackRunner, Bo, AJ, etc.) but those guys are all so awesome that I want to be in all their groups again. I am now getting very excited for June!

Some canyons in june would be sweet.Let me know if you need any help leading,organizing or whatever.
    Don`t be afraid your life will end be afraid it will never begin fear is the thief of all dreams...

Well howdee doodee! Let's set a date kids! I am excited for whatever we choose to do.

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Another benifit for holding some sort of a fest in Zion is it will allow Disco to do the Subway (a canyon he has always wanted to do) since he missed it a year earlier because of an epic fall/jump at the start of Pine Creek.

Another benifit for holding some sort of a fest in Zion is it will allow Disco to do the Subway (a canyon he has always wanted to do) since he missed it a year earlier because of an epic fall/jump at the start of Pine Creek.
    DITTO!! I also was really sick all that weekend and WHIPPED on Sunday. I headed home early. I would love to do Subway as well.

Is it any wonder why I saw I love these guys?

Depending on the timing, I would be willing to help out where I can. I've been to Zion a couple of times.
    Life is Good