Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab Bogleyfest - May 1st-3rd 09

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    May 1 or May 29th either works for me
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ok. I am putting up (for a vote or not...moderators' perogative) the dates of May 1,2,3. If anyone wants to add a day on before or after they can but hopefully this will work. I will put in for these days when I get back to work on Monday. I will be there one way or another

oh...and I will be you guide if you will have me

I am in! I could head down Thursday after work and stay until Sunday.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    I am in! I could head down Thursday after work and stay until Sunday.
    Cool! I just asked Alison to spearhead keeping this info up so everyone can get to it.
    THIS EVENT IS A GO.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    may 1, and i can do it.
    Back in the states by then? What's the matter, too much kiwi fruit?
    The gostak distims the doshes.

I gotta be in Vegas that next Monday anyway - I'm gonna try to swing this.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    BTW, the Moab Arts Festival is May 24th - 26th - very cool indeed
    This sounds cool... what exactly does the arts festival entail and include? Let's hear some details
    Didn't mean to blow over this. The Arts Festival is in the big park somewhere around the center of town and is just a big getogether of artsy booths - people selling their wares. Not near as big as the Park City arts fest but the same idea...on a moaby shinyhappyhippie level. Lots of food & games & stuff too.

If anyone needs tents...I mean big 6 to 8 man ones, I have a few I can bring for extra changerooms , along with an awning, a foldup kitchenette, sunshowers, dutch ovens, etc. I am gonna plan on building a 'basecamp'. Lightweight tenting will work the best unless someone wants to bring their Wall tent or something. I will be pulling my biketrailer too. It holds around 9 - 10 bikes. Someone bring a nice boombox(mine sucks) - maybe a generator...who knows. I'll have extra coolers & waterjugs......
    ...I'm just thinking out loud people

Count me in. I'll be there the weekend before this for the April car show and the week after for the classic Bronco safari, heck I might as well mover there

This camp sounds like a good time, I'm in for Mountainbiking, Jeeping, dirtbiking/atv if anyone else is, a canyon if possible and whatever else

I'm more than likely driving my Jeep & biketrailer. My Dodge is getting old & is being saved for hauling my camptrailer - I'll more than likely be coming down alone so I dont 'need' a trailer I like to rough it!

I'm more than likely driving my Jeep & biketrailer. My Dodge is getting old & is being saved for hauling my camptrailer - I'll more than likely be coming down alone so I dont 'need' a trailer I like to rough it!
    Rough'n it! NO TV!!! Radio's are a dam good thing.

I will be pull my stuff out doing the inventory, making sure everything still works. Hmmm, I have to figure out how to pack everything I jammed into my durango into the forester and add three bikes. Now that will be a trick!

I am soooo excited!!!
    Chere'

I just checked the old event calendar and it looks like either weekend could be made to work for me after all. I'll have to see how things look after the Skinny Tire Festival before I commit though.

And BTW, I'll probably opt for the quiet side of camp for a little bit of personal desert solitaire away from all the fumes.

REAL MEN DON'T NEED MOTORS!
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Hmmm. I hit southern Utah on April 25, and fly back out of Vegas on May 3. But my plan was for all canyons all the time.

Might be able to make this work - not sure yet.

Anyone wanna do some canyons on, say Thursday & Friday (North Wash, anyone?) and hit Moab Friday evening? I'd have to leave town around 3:30AM Sunday.

There's some action going on in the Canyoneering section regarding a noobfest........any thoughts on making this weekend a canyon weekend in Moab?
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15843

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    There's some action going on in the Canyoneering section regarding a noobfest........any thoughts on making this weekend a canyon weekend in Moab?
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15843
    I'm all for doing an allaround get together canyons/biking/motorbike/etc. The weekend of the 1st,2nd,3rd of May still seems to work the best.

I already have May 1st off.
    Chere'

If anyone needs tents...I mean big 6 to 8 man ones, I have a few I can bring for extra changerooms , along with an awning, a foldup kitchenette, sunshowers, dutch ovens, etc. I am gonna plan on building a 'basecamp'. Lightweight tenting will work the best unless someone wants to bring their Wall tent or something. I will be pulling my biketrailer too. It holds around 9 - 10 bikes. Someone bring a nice boombox(mine sucks) - maybe a generator...who knows. I'll have extra coolers & waterjugs.....
    If things work out between now and then, I'll be driving my new used car down. And BTW, I tend to pack light much lighter than this. One bike, one tent, a small kitchen kit centered around a coleman two burner, a good book, no TV, and very few tunes.

Although I'm looking into rigging up a solar powered pump and misters, my big luxuries will likely be firewood and a Kelty Sunshade.

I can easily arrange to arrive on Thursday afternoon but somebody will have to tell me where to go and give me an idea of how much space to try and occupy. Kens Lake, Dubinky Wells, Hunter Canyon, somewhere else? Alison?
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

If the 1st weekend works, I can do this. I'll have a rental Cherokee (or similar model) with two big duffel bags of stuff. Mountaineering tent, tarp, minimal camping supplies, beer and wine, and a bunch of canyoneering stuff. Ready for anything!

Hey, didj'all hear that Matrimony Springs has been closed because of high coliform counts? A shame.

BIG FAT BUMP.................WE STILL ON EVERYONE?