Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab Bogleyfest - May 1st-3rd 09

Moab Bogleyfest - May 1st-3rd 09

Bogleyfest in May '09- Moab

When: May 1 - May 3
    Where to camp? Confirmed Goldbar Campground Site D on Potash road. Reservation is under my name. Look for the Bogley flag which will be a tshirt flying high in the sky! I've paid ahead for this campspot so you all can just pay me. It's $2.50 pp, per night to camp here.

People to camp at group site (up to 30 people)- let me know so I can add your name as the amount of people camping is limited with group sites.
    If your name has a question mark, then I am unsure so just let me know.

Abirken
    GHB
    Chere +2 (kiddos)
    Don +1 (kiddo)
    Cirrus
    Acca
    fourtycal
    rideon
    Discgo + 2 (wife and kiddo)
    Scoutmaster
    Denaliguide
    kapitansparrow (maybe?)
    Luce + 1
    jason + 1 (kiddo)

Cache hiker- may be camping elsewhere

What to hike? Saturday morning
    Corona Arch is a nice, easy, kid friendly hike. Mill creek. Arches. Negro Bills canyon

What to ride? Meet up at Slickrock trailhead Friday 10 or 11 am. Details to follow. Possible ride later in the day on Friday.
    Poison spider is minutes from the campsite.

Canyons to explore? TBD

Anyone want to lead for some canyon fun? Scout? Kev? Feel up to leading?

Where to swim? Pool, Millcreek, Colorado River

SATURDAY NIGHT 6ish is a group dinner at the Goldbar campsite. Any and all are welcome. Bring something to share if you'd like. If not, we won't hold it against ya!

Suggestions please go into this thread. You guys shoot!

I'll try to keep this page updated as we get it going.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

where: Sand Flats Rec Area...mainly because it is close to town & it's 'fairly cheap', there are lots of campsites with firepits & BBQs. Con: pit toilets, no showers, BYOwater.
    OR for a few dollars more we can 'camp' in town at an RV park with cabins and showers, and they're right in town.

swimming: Millcreek runs right through town & a great swimmin hole area (see Acca's pic of peeing on the rainbow) next to the entrance to the canyon Millcreek runs out of.

I know I'm not the only one who has a trailer or camper/rv. I'd be willing to haul it down there & set up a base camp.
    .........just a few suggestions.

Hiking: too many places to mention in one reply!

Sounds like a good start! I do like Sand Flats, especially towards the back in the more primitive area. But with what could be a larger group that would be kind of inconvenient. Or maybe we all just find our own camping and one person could set a home base that we could all meet at for dinner/beer/diet cokes/mountain dews.

I'd say beginning of May probably isn't as hot? Anyone else have dates that do or don't work for them?

I'll be there May 12-17 for the UTVRally www.utvrally.com

Want to go for a ride?
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    I might be in. do some canyoneering/hiking/mt biking

I'd certainly be interested if I am free. Might be nice to actually meet some of you ;)
    Randy Langstraat
    ADVENTR.CO | Anasazi Photography

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Are kids welcome?
    Chere'

K well you guys check schedules and let's start planning a date. Redman is there riding on the 12th-17th but I know Don mentioned he can't on the weekend of the 15th and let's scratch Memorial Day weekend b/c it will be a zoo. Let's get back with some dates. Either first one or two weekends in May or the last weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Are kids welcome?
    OH HECK NO GIRL.........adults only. TEASING! But of course our kiddos are welcome. Whether or not some of us chose to bring 'em is another story. Sometimes mommy needs to get away.

I'll be there May 12-17 for the UTVRally www.utvrally.com

Want to go for a ride?
    Redman,
    I'm going to do my best to make it this year with the Ridgerunner group. My wife has plans with her daughter so we need to work out details but man I'm ready!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Are kids welcome?
    OH HECK NO GIRL.........adults only. TEASING! But of course our kiddos are welcome. Whether or not some of us chose to bring 'em is another story. Sometimes mommy needs to get away.
    I just don't have anyone to leave them with for a long period of time. So if I am going to be able to make it then they would be coming too.

Last weekend in May works best for me. But I could possibly swing a different weekend.
    Chere'

Re: MOAB- May 2009

Ok so an idea has presented itself.....let's see how much further it gets. Bogleyfest in May '09- Moab?

Dates?
    Where to camp?
    What to hike?
    What to ride?
    Where to swim?

May 15th doesn't work and May 22 is Memorial weekend. I say first of May or last weekend of May.

Thanks for keeping in mind my drill weekend! I would not be able to get out of that (May 15-17) and would hate to miss Bogley-Moab!

Re: MOAB- May 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Ok so an idea has presented itself.....let's see how much further it gets. Bogleyfest in May '09- Moab?

Dates?
    Where to camp?
    What to hike?
    What to ride?
    Where to swim?

May 15th doesn't work and May 22 is Memorial weekend. I say first of May or last weekend of May.

Kids?

I might bring the boy down. If Cody or Josh or anyone wanted to bring kids we could plan some kid-friendly day hikes or bike rides...
    Of course I'll have to stay less-drunk...
    Ok now I know I am crazy... I need to go to bed.

I knew you posted something about kids somewhere.
    Chere'

Kids?

I might bring the boy down. If Cody or Josh or anyone wanted to bring kids we could plan some kid-friendly day hikes or bike rides...

Chere, did you quote me before I posted?

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Kids?

Chere, did you quote me before I posted?
    You are a BRAT! I am going to knock you upside the head.
    Chere'

Snow may be a problem this early, but Mt. Waas and Mt. Peale are on my list...
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I'd love to climb Mt. Waas and Mt. Peale myself but I'm pretty sure you still have to deal with snow in mid-July.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Quote Originally Posted by cachehiker
    I'd love to climb Mt. Waas and Mt. Peale myself but I'm pretty sure you still have to deal with snow in mid-July.
    Yeah. That's the way it goes. You interested when I head up? Maybe a four day endevor?
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

My next trip is the Moab Skinny Tire Festival next month. It'll be a good chance to shake out the winter cobwebs. I only have time for bc skiing once per weekend, hate to train indoors, and we're currently in the single digit mornings, then red air days, then snow on the roads, then repeat rut.

After skinny tire, I'll start planning the next adventure. I could probably do Bogley Moab at the end of May. I'd love to get a jump on noobfest 09 as I've done little more than technical scrambling and a few short rappels. You know, stuff like the Subway in Zion.

Beyond that, I've got time for one more short trip and one more long one. I'm currently thinking of joining an Adventure Cycling Association group for a week long supported mountain bike tour through the Wind Rivers but I'm up for anything and won't start planning either until after the one before.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...