Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here live in Richfield?

Anybody here live in Richfield?

Just asking...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

No, it's on I-70, southwest of Salina and east of I-15.

Anybody born there, or have family there?

ok I remember where it is now, ahh- no family there but we did buy our toy hauler from the ford dealership there, sorry!

I'd like to. Seems nice there and I love Mystic Mikes hot springs in nearby Monroe.

When I retire it'll be to some small town with a hippy connection like Monroe...

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    I'd like to. Seems nice there and I love Mystic Mikes hot springs in nearby Monroe.

When I retire it'll be to some small town with a hippy connection like Monroe...
    Ha! you would love Moab then, definately hippy town, lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1Aussie

Ha! you would love Moab then, definately hippy town, lol
    Oh, I love Moab, but it's a visit-only town I think. Too touristy, too expensive. I'd like to live in a really small town; one general store, one gas station, everybody knows everybody...

Oh, I love Moab, but it's a visit-only town I think. Too touristy, too expensive. I'd like to live in a really small town; one general store, one gas station, everybody knows everybody...

Sometimes the small towns can be more expensive. When I lived in Monticello (pop. 2000) a few years ago, there were three gas stations, and all of them were WAY overpriced. In fact, gas just down the road in Moab was consistently 40 - 50 cents cheaper a gallon. At one point, gas in Monticello was the most expensive in the state! The gas stations in Monticello are run by money grubbing crooks. They can charge whatever they want when they're the only game in town...

I have grandparents and cousins in Richfield. I love it there. I would move there if I could find a job and my wife could shop at a mall close by. Neither of those are looking too good right now. I have been visiting there since I was a kid and always loved the atmosphere.

Why do you ask?
    The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    I have grandparents and cousins in Richfield. I love it there. I would move there if I could find a job and my wife could shop at a mall close by. Neither of those are looking too good right now. I have been visiting there since I was a kid and always loved the atmosphere.

Why do you ask?

That's good to know.

Ohhhhhhhh.......just wondering............

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    While I don't know anybody in Richfield (save for a guy that sold me my ATV trailer last year), I would seriously consider relocating to the Marysvale area just South/West of Richfield (somewhere near Big Rock Candy Mountain along the Sevier).

What's so secretive about your inquiry?

I don't live there but I can tell you anything you might want to know.

Last summer when Diesel was $4.50-$5.00 gal the flying J in Richfield turned out to be the cheapest we found between there and Bend Oregon.

Sandys drive-in makes an ass kicking burger.

Wal-Mart AND K-Mart, wohoo thats high living.

Several mexican resturants, two chinese, several okay steak houses and a few crappy greassy spoons. All moderately priced. Pizza hut, Mcdonalds, KFC, Taco Time etc etc.

Ford, Dodge, Chevy dealers. Several used car lots.

A couple of clothing stores, office supplies, shoe stores etc.
    Bunch of motels, I'll say 10 or 15. A few plumbing supply, electrical supply, furniture stores.

The only outdoors products supplies are at Jorgensens (guns, hunting some camping and RV) and X-Mart. Don't expect to find much climbing /kayak gear.

Snow College south has a decent campus if you want to learn something.
    One HS, Jr HS, middle school. Couple elementary schools I think.

Big BLM/USFS office. Decent Hospital and care center but expect to get a ride in life flight if you have anything serious. Better than Moab hospital.
    Real Fire departement and full time EMS.
    Sheriff busts a ton of drug traffic on I-70. Found a few huge Pot farms in the mountains recently. Meth is everywhere so expect a bit of that.

There is a nice public swimming pool, the water park closed up though.
    Local AM and FM stations.

They have a decent fair grounds and rodeo facility. Sevier county fair and the demolition derby are big to-dos. Rocky mountain ATV jam in the fall fills the town. You can ride your ATV on the streets. Some are designated just don't get carried away and your good.

Great access to the mountains. Tushars are close. Moab is about 3 hours. SLC is about 3 hrs. St George is about 3hrs. Little Sahara dunes is about 1.5 hrs. bryce is about 2hrs, Zion 3hrs. Vegas is about 4 hrs.

County and City pretty much run by good ole boys. Not many enviros, not many real rednecks either. Local paper the "Reaper" is just a basic local rag, no big agenda or bias that I can tell. Good way to know if Big-O has tires on sale.

Two movie theaters last I checked.
    Albertsons and Lynns grocers, farmers market in summer.
    Not much of a night life but there are a feew bear bars. Concerts on occasion at the college or in Salina at the arena. (think C&W).

Get your legal advice elsewhere, lawyers all seem to be morons.

What else do you want to know?
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

I have relatives in Salina and Aurora and I've spent a lot of time in Richfield too.
    Redman missed the only bar in town, "The Detour" It's a fun hangout if you like drunken country Karaoke or shooting pool with rednecks (I love the place ) Great little town and so close to the swell and Zion, I would live there in a heartbeat if I had an agreeable offer. I even subscribed to the "richfield reaper" for a few years

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    I have relatives in Salina and Aurora and I've spent a lot of time in Richfield too.
    Redman missed the only bar in town, "The Detour" It's a fun hangout if you like drunken country Karaoke or shooting pool with rednecks (I love the place ) Great little town and so close to the swell and Zion, I would live there in a heartbeat if I had an agreeable offer. I even subscribed to the "richfield reaper" for a few years
    I think you can get real booze at a few resturants. Steve steak house I think. Not great bartenders mind you.

The airport is decent BTW os if you need a quick escape route. Don't think there is scheduled service so BYOP.

Oh yeah the golf course is now 18 holes.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Wow!! That's a ton of info! Thanx RedMan!!

Nothin secretive about the inquiry.....jusssst curious. Can't the Gremlin be curious?

My little tidbit is that's where you better slow your a$$ down from going 85-90 from the swell. There's a State Patrol Station there at the western exit and Officers love to cruse the highway just looking for drivers not paying attention. Now, ask me how I know.....
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by psl53
    My little tidbit is that's where you better slow your a$$ down from going 85-90 from the swell. There's a State Patrol Station there at the western exit and Officers love to cruse the highway just looking for drivers not paying attention. Now, ask me how I know.....
    Peter
    The highway partol busts many a drug courier on that section of road. They are looking for ANY reason to stop you. It is simply astounding how many cars they stop are carrying drugs. Its the LA to the rest of the US corridor.

Any mines near Richfield...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Yup. Salina canyon has one of the largest coal mines in the west.
    The gypsum mine near Salina produces a butt load of wallboard and the really pure gyp is used to make filler for pills, and food products.

AND out by Marysvale there is an ongoing goldmine scam that consistently suckers morons into parting with their cash.

Rumor is that Uranium mining may start again in Marysvale. The bullets will start flying that day.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Yup. Salina canyon has one of the largest coal mines in the west.
    The gypsum mine near Salina produces a butt load of wallboard and the really pure gyp is used to make filler for pills, and food products.

AND out by Marysvale there is an ongoing goldmine scam that consistently suckers morons into parting with their cash.

Rumor is that Uranium mining may start again in Marysvale. The bullets will start flying that day.
    Bingo.