Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Panoramas

Panoramas

Who has experience shooting Panorama and what methods/software do you use?

I have just been learning as I go and I am finally starting to get some decent shots. I was using Canon PhotoStitch but now I have moved on to Microsoft ICE (free) I also upgraded my tripod and that has improved my shots ten fold.

Utah Lake - 6 HDR photos stitched with MS ICE

Utah Lake - 4 HDR photos stitched with MS ICE

Deer Valley - 5 images (no tripod obviously)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

no experience here. but nice job.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Nice pics man. I have lived by utah lake my whole life and had no idea it looked like that during the winter. Nice job with the stitching too!

I use PTGui Pro. Easy to use with good results.

Funny you should bring this up just now. Last week I decided I wanted to try a couple Panos. While the content of my shots does not compare in any respect to the beauty of the west, I had a couple to share. Each of these is 5 images each, merged with CS3.

Both images created from shots at a park a few miles away from office.
    This is a 180 degree shot, so it looks like two seperate paths in the image, but in fact they're the same.

Wish I could post them bigger, but this is the biggest version my photo hosting site will provide.
    Leave No Trace

Wow, a lot more posts then I expected. Great stuff everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mills mania
    I have lived by utah lake my whole life and had no idea it looked like that during the winter.
    I feel the same way. I just started going down there this winter and have been very pleased with all of visits. The Provo boat harbor is a great place for sunset.

I have been going a bit overboard with my over lap, it really seems to help with the stitching.

Two panos from Mondays trip out to the Great Salt Lake.

2 vertical images

Inside the Temple of the Birds - 5 vertical images

I had also been using Canon PhotoStitch, and man did that software suck. Thanks for the tip on MS ICE. I made this out of five handheld shots, and ICE stitched them together seamlessly. It's not a great shot (lighting was poor, facing into the sun), but I'm very impressed with the stitching.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blog | FB

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I bought photoshop elements a few months back. It has a feature where it puts together panoramic shots. I took some pics inside
    the Forbidden City, I never had any intentions of making them a panoramic shot. I put this together right after I bought the program.

Here it is my first ever panoramic.

I had to do a lot of touch up of the sky and the bottom part of the pic I just cropped off. Kind of fun.
    Chere'

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    I also switched to ICE this weekend:

I hate to post a bleached out sky, but getting most of the Crater was the goal. I was using a very old, crappy Minolta P&S too.

Nice work Summit. What Tripod did you end up buying?
    Looking for a upgrade myself.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

I don't do too many Pano's and most that I do have were done with a Canon G6 because it had a pano feature which linked up to PhotoStitch software. Quality is not great but ease is nice.

View from Baldy at Snowbird:

From the saddle of Pfiefferhorn while backcountry skiing on June 20th a few years ago:

We don't have a window in our office (until next week) so I went to the roof of the building and took 6 photos, printed it 10 feet long on canvas and tacked it to the wall. Cheap option and looks great:

Used a different roof shot for the printed one:

Four Square of the San Rafael River in the Northern Reef:

You guys are good.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    We don't have a window in our office (until next week) so I went to the roof of the building and took 6 photos, printed it 10 feet long on canvas and tacked it to the wall. Cheap option and looks great:
    I don't have window in my office. May have to try something like this.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by tmartenst
    Four Square of the San Rafael River in the Northern Reef:
    I love this.

We were checking out this spot for a trip last November, I even plotted my route on my GPS. We ended up changing our plans during our trip but I plan on shooting from this spot sometime this year.

Would you be willing to PM me a bit of info on the hike?

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tmartenst
    Used a different roof shot for the printed one:
    So it looks like we work for the same company. Or as Patrick would say, we're team mates. Recongnize the landscape from the picture and the office (chairs, phones, screens, tables). Know exactly where this is. Think I saw you at the buyer's meeting today then.

what photo-hosting site are you guys using that allows you to keep the original dimensions of your photos to post here? I've been using webshots for a couple years and never posted panos till now. Even their largest size option is too small to really show my panos...
    Leave No Trace

For most of the photos I post here, I use the web space that our ISP gives us, since I'm not doing anything else with it. I guess it's 50MB or so. Plenty of space for JPEGs.

http://myweb.cableone.net/abbysm/pix/abby2004-01.jpg for example.

I use CS3