Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phelps Bogarting The Bong

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Just because he had done some drugs in the past Obama can't be a role model?
    he lays the fly on the water. he waits. the fish rises and BANG! fish on.

sometimes its just so easy its not even fun.

and if obama can be a role model after drug use so could phelps.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Ih8grvty:

I'm glad you're on the wagon, so to speak, but getting the government too involved would be a bad thing. Stamps? 3 grams a month?

Hell, back in my real burning days, 3 grams wouldn't even last an evening between friends.

Placing all the restrictions on it would only encourage people to keep it underground. Call whatever you want "responsible use", but nobody that smokes will stick to 3 grams per month.

Aside from observational oversight and taxation, government wouldn't need to get involved. The taxation wouldn't even necessarily require much involvement, depending on how it was taxed. A sales tax is already in place for most places and that affects all commercial purchases. Marijuana would fall into that category already. It would generate revenue for the nation automatically in those states. Given its special nature, additional taxes may be implemented as in tobacco and alcohol.

The legalization of marijuana is about reclaiming a freedom that has been ripped from The People, not asking permission.

The FDA already has its fingers in the produce and the drug industries, so no additional agencies would need to sprout up...possibly a few more inspectors though.

Quality assurance wouldn't be much of an issue since it would be a consumer run industry anyway. The people growing would have to be highly skilled to keep afloat in the market (barring a gov't bailout ) since the consumer base will only tolerate good product.
    Lost On A Hill

Utah Water Log

Quote Originally Posted by LOAH
    Ih8grvty:

I'm glad you're on the wagon, so to speak, but getting the government too involved would be a bad thing. Stamps? 3 grams a month?

Hell, back in my real burning days, 3 grams wouldn't even last an evening between friends.

Placing all the restrictions on it would only encourage people to keep it underground. Call whatever you want "responsible use", but nobody that smokes will stick to 3 grams per month.

Aside from observational oversight and taxation, government wouldn't need to get involved. The taxation wouldn't even necessarily require much involvement, depending on how it was taxed. A sales tax is already in place for most places and that affects all commercial purchases. Marijuana would fall into that category already. It would generate revenue for the nation automatically in those states. Given its special nature, additional taxes may be implemented as in tobacco and alcohol.

The legalization of marijuana is about reclaiming a freedom that has been ripped from The People, not asking permission.

The FDA already has its fingers in the produce and the drug industries, so no additional agencies would need to sprout up...possibly a few more inspectors though.

Quality assurance wouldn't be much of an issue since it would be a consumer run industry anyway. The people growing would have to be highly skilled to keep afloat in the market (barring a gov't bailout ) since the consumer base will only tolerate good product.
    See i think differently.
    The long term goal is to get it legal.
    the short is to do what it takes to make that happen.
    The more control over it, the more likely it is to happen.
    There was a time in oh about 87 to 91, I smoked out a half daily by myself. I know 3 is a small portion per month, but you have to start someplace, and honestly, I pulled all numbers outta my ass, they were not the model for what is fair or right, just a starting point to discuss.
    People have been fed propaganda for so long that most of them have no idea the real effects or how safe it honestly is. If you set up a system that regulates it, I think more people are likely to give it a shot. You can always push for less regulation later on.
    In my more recent past, a half oz (by the way I was thinking oz, I do not know why I typed gram, a gram is about 2 paper clips in weight that wont last anyone for more than a night and only a couple of hours at that) would last me for a month. I didnt do it all day each day, and some nights I skipped it entirely, some stormy weekends I sat in my house and smoked out from a wake and bake till I assed out (assed not passed, no typo there) that night after watching several movies and working around the house all day. Some times while camping from right after eating breakfast till bed and hiking and fishing all day long.Nothing as great as a 5 mile hike ripped to the gills looking at deep pines and rivers and deer.
    I do not pretend to even think my idea is the only one or even the best one. Just a starting point to illustrate that it can be done effectively and safely.
    I use even less now days than prior, if it were legal Id use more. an oz for each person (myself and wife) would do us for a long time, 3 oz a month? I would have a stash for when I coudl'nt afford it or when the line was too long and I was too lazy to stand in it.
    Im greedy man, just thinking of myself.

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    he lays the fly on the water. he waits. the fish rises and BANG! fish on.

I think that I have to agree with gravity here. The goal would be to get it legalized first. I honestly don

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I'd say it is too bad that he isn't a better role model.
    He's an athlete, he is good at what he does. He didn't ask to be a "Roll Model". People threw into that category without even asking him. If parents did a better job being parents, they wouldn't need to look elsewhere for better role models for their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I'd say it is too bad that he isn't a better role model.
    He's an athlete, he is good at what he does. He didn't ask to be a "Roll Model". People threw into that category without even asking him. If parents did a better job being parents, they wouldn't need to look elsewhere for better role models for their kids.
    True that. We can't expect athletes to be role models. If any group should be expected to be role models, it should be the politicians
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Did anyone catch the show last night about Pot and a major part of it was growing in Medicino Cty CA ? 60% of the people in that county have something to do with the industry- 1 household was leaving because there are 12 large gardens in their neighborhood. 50% of all fires in the county were directly related to indoor growing. It really was an interesting show .

What show? I'll try and DVR it when they repeat it.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by packfish
    Did anyone catch the show last night about Pot and a major part of it was growing in Medicino Cty CA ? 60% of the people in that county have something to do with the industry- 1 household was leaving because there are 12 large gardens in their neighborhood. 50% of all fires in the county were directly related to indoor growing. It really was an interesting show .
    that would be mendocino ... mendocino and humboldt counties are california's biggest producers of marijuana ... they're also the biggest logging counties in california ... remote land, long growing season, temperate climate, sufficient rainfall

It was on cable last night- channel 23 to me---- one of the cable news channels- I'll see if I can find it. The guy that told of the millions upon millions he smuggled into the US and how he did it was really good.
    He did get caught and spent 9 years in prison though it looked liked he had stored a lot of $$$ off shore some where. He got caught because he wrote everything down about the operation and left the book in Dennys when he went for breakfast 1 day.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    It was on cable last night- channel 23 to me---- one of the cable news channels- I'll see if I can find it. The guy that told of the millions upon millions he smuggled into the US and how he did it was really good.
    He did get caught and spent 9 years in prison though it looked liked he had stored a lot of $$$ off shore some where. He got caught because he wrote everything down about the operation and left the book in Dennys when he went for breakfast 1 day.

That breakfast gave him indegestion.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling

That breakfast gave him indegestion.

[
    that would be mendocino ... mendocino and humboldt counties are california's biggest producers of marijuana ... they're also the biggest logging counties in california ... remote land, long growing season, temperate climate, sufficient rainfall[/quote]

It wasn't in the back hill country- it was in homes, yards, underground buildings. The remote mt's were controlled by the Mexican cartel

[
    that would be mendocino ... mendocino and humboldt counties are california's biggest producers of marijuana ... they're also the biggest logging counties in california ... remote land, long growing season, temperate climate, sufficient rainfall
    It wasn't in the back hill country- it was in homes, yards, underground buildings. The remote mt's were controlled by the Mexican cartel[/quote]

One more reason to go legal. If it were legal, Noone would have to hide it, there would be no future in it for the mexican cartels (or any other cartel)

I actually know a guy that quit his job to grow hydroponic mary J. He was only making 3k a month because the medical license only allows 3 plants. But then he got his GF to move and then got 2 supposed "roomates" and makes quite a bit o cash now. Completely legal medical grade, lol. If I still lived in Ca, I would be all over this.

Regardless, I found that story fascinating. Thanks for posting it.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

All right, everyone who views this now owes me.
    I told you item nine earlier?
    Come hither and watch children, come hither.

Oh and uhhh probably best if its not viewed with children.

Quote Originally Posted by deathcricket
    I actually know a guy that quit his job to grow hydroponic mary J. He was only making 3k a month because the medical license only allows 3 plants. But then he got his GF to move and then got 2 supposed "roomates" and makes quite a bit o cash now. Completely legal medical grade, lol. If I still lived in Ca, I would be all over this.

Regardless, I found that story fascinating. Thanks for posting it.
    3 Plants of medical grade should bring in more than $1000 each. Indica plants on average will yield approximately 1.5 pounds. Sativa plants (my preferred) on the other hand will average a yield of 3.0 pounds or more but take a little longer to mature because they can grow to be much bigger. That is why you will find more Indica type high quality weed now days. It matures quicker and is shorter so it is easier to grow indoors. Anyway I would think that they should be getting at least $1500/lb for anything that would be considered "high" quality and that would be considered cheap. $2500/lb is more realistic. But maybe since it is for the medical field they don't pay as much as the "stoners" do.