Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phelps Bogarting The Bong

Phelps Bogarting The Bong

A word of advice to the kiddies....don't ever let anyone take pictures of you hitting the bong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Between this picture and him having gotten a DUI a couple of years ago, I'd say it is too bad that he isn't a better role model.

or he is a normal person ... besides the fact that he is 70% fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    or he is a normal person ... besides the fact that he is 70% fish.
    Quoted for agreement. Pot is probably better than tobacco for ya. Not saying it's good in any way though.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

It's for his cataract. All that chlorine in the pool plays havoc on your eyes.

Does anyone really care?
    He is well over puberty, its not going to harm him. its much less harmful than having a beer.
    I do not see what everyone is so pissy about. He smoked some wacky weed, big deal.

I don't have a problem with pot smokers, but I do believe that if people are going to be Olympic athletes representing our country and then getting millions from endorsements for being a stand up guy I would expect him to take his role as a "role model" more seriously.

That being said, I am constantly being let down by people like this. I was a little heart broken when I found out about his DUI. I just always expect a lot from people.

I do not see it as a let down, as I see it, a guy that happens to make millions now, went to a party and got high.
    I can promise you, if I was rich, I would do the same thing, hell I am not rich and still do the same thing once in a while.
    at some point, I hope to retire, when I do, you will find that weird old man that lives down the road, sitting on teh front porch, smoking a fatty.
    Maybe by that day, people will grow up, get over the governments crap and the racist laws that led to its classification as illegal and repal it, make it illegal, then noone can say anything bad about me. At least not for THAT reason.
    Did you know that what finally was able to make people upset enough and lead to it being declared illegal was that the government propaganda machine spit out that it led to white women having sexual relations with black men?
    Its also led to me having alot of sex with women of various skin tones, and knowing a few really good people over my past.
    The DUI, I agree with that, its stupid and 100% preventable. That being said if he had had a picture taken with a beer in his hand, and never gotten behind the wheel while intoxicated, noone would frown upon that. Beer is legal, pot isn't.

I feel like I come across as judgmental for saying anything so let me clarify again that I take no issue with people smoking pot. I just take issue with people who are supposed to be role models and are clearly examples to kids that have their behavior encourage those kids to break the law or experiment with drugs.

At one point in time most of my friends were pot smokers and some still are heavy pot users. I just take issue role models being bad role models.

The only reason I don't smoke weed from time to time is because it is illegal, heh. I don't know where to get it and all that other crap about being careful while buying, possesing, etc.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

I have to agree. B.F.D. Hey at least he's using a bong.

Mmmmmmmm Bong Hits!

This whole maryjane prohibition thing is a joke. It's a total waste of time, money, resources, jail space, etc.

As far as being a role model...I don't know man. Only if he wants to be one. Of course there will always be those who will look up to him, put him on some sort of pedestal and even try to emulate him. However, it is really up to parents to teach their kids what they want them to be taught. I don't think a person has to be considered a "role model" just because they happen to be an incredible athlete.

I remember bad boy Charles Barkley, back in the days when he used to throw guys though glass doors or windows, saying "I am not being paid to be a role model." Same is true with any athlete. Paid or not. Just because they excel in some sort of athletics does not require them to automatically be any sort of a role model.

When I get old I am going to drive around and try to find Ih8grvty toking it up on his front porch and go introduce myself.
    After all....A friend with weed is a friend indeed.

I'll bring the vaporizor.

Paul McCartney is a huge advocate for legalizing marijuana because kids go to jail for doing marijuana and then get introduced to drugs which are far worse.

since when do athletes make good role models? i'm thinking micheal vick, micheal irving, charles barkley, dennis rodman. the last thing i want is for my kid to be looking at some jock as a role model. hell, our past and present presidents don't even make good role models. clinton lied, obama admitted to past drug use. you want role models then look to your parents. they are the ones that are supposed to be setting the good example for you. i know, i know, some aren't, but lots are.

and secondly, i doubt if pot could be considered a performance enhancing substance.

so he's hitting a bong, bfd. i bet he can afford the finest.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I feel like I come across as judgmental for saying anything so let me clarify again that I take no issue with people smoking pot. I just take issue with people who are supposed to be role models and are clearly examples to kids that have their behavior encourage those kids to break the law or experiment with drugs.

At one point in time most of my friends were pot smokers and some still are heavy pot users. I just take issue role models being bad role models.
    pfffft, when I have a conversation like this on the net, I never assume that people are being judgmental or anything like that. Its impossible to convey emotion, no facial expressions, no varying tones of voice, so I just assume, we are having a conversation as adults and not just throwing crap at each other like a couple of monkeys. It takes more to offend me that anything you typed. We are all (or mostly all( adults here,I just take it for granted that we can behave and talk like adults with out being totally shitty to each other.
    No worries Disco, none at all.

Anyone know where I can find the Phelps and Paris Hilton or Pamela Anderson sex tapes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty

pfffft, when I have a conversation like this on the net, I never assume that people are being judgmental or anything like that. Its impossible to convey emotion, no facial expressions, no varying tones of voice, so I just assume, we are having a conversation as adults and not just throwing crap at each other like a couple of monkeys. It takes more to offend me that anything you typed. We are all (or mostly all( adults here,I just take it for granted that we can behave and talk like adults with out being totally shitty to each other.
    No worries Disco, none at all.
    Cool. And it is totally the fact that we don't have tones, facial expressions, and body language that makes me feel like I am coming across harder than I intend. Good to know that all is good. Thanks.

yeah I smoke, once in a while.
    It may be 2 times in a month, it might be 1 time in 2 years.
    I do not make a regular habit of it. I prefer to do it while backpacking, by a fire and a tent in the high (no pun intended) Unitas, under the stars with fresh brookies cooking on the fire.
    I think if you do it on a regular basis, just like drinking, your an idiot.
    All things in life require moderation.
    In Jr High I got high for the first time. I smoked lbs upon lbs of it from then through about one or two years out of high school.
    because of those experiences I do not think it should be open and easy to kids. It will or at least can screw stuff up in developing brains. I did countless drugs in the late 80s and early 90s, the list of what I didn't do is much shorter than those that I did.
    that being said I am !00% against drug abuse, and think most of the substances now banned should be kept banned. pots the one exception, well OK pot and I wouldn't mind another trip through the looking glass with alice and a couple grams of shrooms.
    The government lied for years about pot and its effects, independent studies show results far from what the govs results are.
    This reminds me, ever see pineapple express? the first 2 minutes are fantastic! the whole movie made me laugh, but those first two minutes ....classic! Its been proven its not physically addictive (physical and mental are 2 very different things, it and nearly every substance and act on earth are possible to become mentally addicted to). It is impossible to overdose on. well impossibles a bad word, one study showed that its nearly impossible to overdose on, to overdose however you had to smoke an amazing amount, over a ton, in under 24 hours. so overdose is pretty damned unlikely.
    I personally like it. if it were a legal substance Id smoke it damned near every weekend, even once in a while on week nights.
    I can smoke a fatty, watch TV and go to bed, wake up fine in the morning and go to work. Hell an hour after I smoke some I can drive and am sober, try either of those with drinking.
    My kids know I used to use it, and they know I am against them using it, they also know I support its legalization, or at the very least decriminalization with legalization for medical purposes.
    I do not THINK they would believe I still use it occasionally.
    That being said, if it were legal and regulated, and they were over say 21 because thats a nice number but I personally think it should be more like 25, I would have no problem knowing they were using it, especially if they were responsible about it, hell Id be proud to have one show up and give me a fat chronic blunt for fathers day and smoke it with me.

Attached Images Attached Images  

ad block :D so I missed that one! I am however glad you pointed it out, I would hate to have missed it forever.

Wasn't the article mainly the picture and said nothing about him actually smoking any pot? And then he came out and admitted it and made an apology. I commend him for fessing up. Most PRO athelets would have said it was flavored tabacco and then when the real truth came out made up another story like they were borrowing their high school buddies lungs so they really didn't inhale.