Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The British called, they want their guns back!

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Quote Originally Posted by ilanimaka
    And you're right... Murder is ALWAYS wrong. Killing is not, though.
    Killing, murder. Ta-may-toe, ta-ma-ta.

James
    So says you. More like potato, vodka. One is a necessary staple. The other is generally worthless.

If Joe Shmoe and I met in a restaurant and I shot him dead for no apparent reason, I'd have murdered him. (vodka) Same situation, except he broke into my home and I shot him dead. (potato)

The former version would have me rot in prison and I'd deserve it. The latter would have me annoyed at patching the holes in my wall and the cost of cleanup.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

And you're right... Murder is ALWAYS wrong. Killing is not, though.
    Killing, murder. Ta-may-toe, ta-ma-ta.
    James
    Disagree James.

Killing should always be the option of last resort, but there is a difference between killing and murder.
    The intent of the person taking life is the determining factor. Killing for fun, greed, power, gratification, is clearly murder. While killing to protect ones own life or the lives of family or innocents, if taken as the option of last resort, is not murder.

Of course there are grey areas. I have been trying to define those in the political section for some time, but there is clearly a difference between killing and murder. This is the clear standard in most of the world

So says you. More like potato, vodka. One is a necessary staple. The other is generally worthless.

If Joe Shmoe and I met in a restaurant and I shot him dead for no apparent reason, I'd have murdered him. (vodka) Same situation, except he broke into my home and I shot him dead. (potato)

The former version would have me rot in prison and I'd deserve it. The latter would have me annoyed at patching the holes in my wall and the cost of cleanup.
    [i]

The end result is that somebody is dead. The difference is that one values their life more than the other. Like I said previously, if you break into my house, you don't place much value on your own life. I see no reason that I should either. You're just taking up precious space and resources that could be better used by somebody of more value to mankind.

The end result is that somebody is dead. The difference is that one values their life more than the other. Like I said in another post, if you break into my house, you don't place much value on your own life. I see no reason that I should either. You're just taking up precious space and resources that could be better used by somebody of more value to mankind.
    Human life only possesses the value of our decisions.
    I like this new guy! Great way of putting it I think. I was going the route of judging a person by their intent and choices they make. But this is harder to argue with.

Your safety is not my responsibility.

The end result is that somebody is dead. The difference is that one values their life more than the other. Like I said in another post, if you break into my house, you don't place much value on your own life. I see no reason that I should either. You're just taking up precious space and resources that could be better used by somebody of more value to mankind.
    I guess the real difference is that you are omnipotent and know whose life has value and whose dose not. I personally am just a mere mortal and will not rely on such small amounts of irrelevant evidence to determine the value of someone

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]
    I guess the real difference is that you are omnipotent and know whose life has value and whose dose not. I personally am just a mere mortal and will not rely on such small amounts of irrelevant evidence to determine the value of someone

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    Sheer comic gold as usual.
    As usual, James - showing your girlish and sheepish ways.

I promise you, the first time a crime is committed against you and/or yours, you'll scream for vengeance (much like America did after 9/11).

Somebody gets on my property with intent to do evil, I promise, they will swim with the fish. Gone are the days when somebody (or people) will commit a minor crime. These days, murder is committed for the most trivial of crimes.

I will (much like others will) defend my family (and/or neighbors) with deadly force.

Shall we again explore Sheep -v- Sheep Dogs?

[quote=Don][quote=James_B_Wads2000]

We're all here, because we ain't all there.
    Theres murder--theres killing--theres suicide.........

Suicide is what one does when he enters my house un-invited.

I did not kill Joe Burglar--he committed suicide!

Quote Originally Posted by oldno7
    Theres murder--theres killing--theres suicide.........

Suicide is what one does when he enters my house un-invited.

I did not kill Joe Burglar--he committed suicide!
    That's a great way to look at it. Suicide by stupidity.

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    My God James you are the definition of Douche Bag.
    I've come to the conclusion that a) he's led a sheltered and protected life and hasn't had any exposure to real world issues or b) he's just a troll egging us on to endless streams of messages to up his post count.

In either case, it's not worth the effort.

If it's a) however, one day he'll be put in a situation where he will surely regret his sheltered ways (SHEEP!).

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    My God James you are the definition of Douche Bag.
    I went back and was reading some of you early posts on Bogley and you used to be such a cool guy. Lots of info on Utah outdoors and genuinely a nice guy. What the Hell happen? Did you cat get ran over or something? Now everything is f**k off this and douche bag that. And people say I am angry?

Guess what RedMan? I already know you think I am a douche bag so why not try and muster all the wit and counter the argument instead of the endless personal attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by BruteForce

a) he's led a sheltered and protected life and hasn't had any exposure to real world issues
    b) he's just a troll egging us on to endless streams of messages to up his post count.
    It

What the Hell happen? Did you cat get ran over or something? Now everything is f**k off this and douche bag that.

instead of the endless personal attacks?

So it must be a). Because I am not dick-hard about killing people I must
    You do have that affect on people Jimmy, you have that ability to make people hate you. Stop asking why. It didn't take a car to RUN over anyone or something else, it plain and simply is YOU!

Endless personal attacks My sides are hurting How's that mirror looking now Jimmy, how's that black pot you own

It seems the only thing you're hard up for is, well, gays...lol

I personal attack you JP because you are a troll that is so retarded that you are incapable of having a serious discussion. You just say shit to get a rise out of people because you have no interest in learning or educating. I mean you are the epitome of Stupid White Redneck America. Every debate we have had here I have mopped the floor with you dumbass because things like logic and reason are alien to you. In fact I feel kind of bad because it is like pushing over a cerebral palsy kid on crutches. I really get little pleasure out of it, because it is so easy.

But any time you want to discuss, argue or debate an issue with facts I will guarantee that it will end in you calling me names or posting 1,000 emoticons because you are too stupid to counter any of my arguments.

Mumble back whatever you want, I will not respond to you. You are not worth my time

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]I personal attack you

with facts I will guarantee that it will end in you calling me names or posting 1,000 emoticons because you are too stupid to counter any of my arguments.

Mumble back whatever you want, I will not respond to you. You are not worth my time

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    Tresspassing/burgulary is not a justifiable use of deadly force IMO. Deadly force is justified when lives are in danger not property.
    I agree
    I should clarify...I personally wouldn't take a life just to save property. Not worth the risk for me. I would use deadly force if someone's life was in danger. But I support laws that protect people's rights to defend their life and property.