Thread: TR: 20081023 - UT, Halls Creek Canyons-Cricket Dog Baboon

TR: 20081023 - UT, Halls Creek Canyons-Cricket Dog Baboon

Hey there,

Still playing catch up with my photos. Here are some pictures and a trip report from the exciting grand finale canyoneering trip of the year to the Halls Creek area in October. You can now get to it from my website: http://www.adventure-geek.com - under the "Trips" link on the left hand side of the page.

If you are only interested in this trip, you can go there directly from
    this link:
    http://www.adventure-geek.com/Trips/2008/20081023.htm
    (However, the navigation of the site is designed to go from the main www.adventure-geek.com page.)

Enjoy!
    A.J.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

enjoyed the TR very much, thanks for posting! it took me right back there thanks to your attention to detail. That keeper pothole is something else, isn't it. Might go back there this spring for another go...

Take care,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by seagorn
    enjoyed the TR very much, thanks for posting! it took me right back there thanks to your attention to detail. That keeper pothole is something else, isn't it. Might go back there this spring for another go...

Take care,
    Mark
    Yeah, it was neat to re-live it writing the trip report. Definitely deserves a lot of respect.

If you want company when you go; let me know. I'm definitely going to try to hit that canyon again this year. I was thinking more towards fall again, but might be able to swing something different...

Have you seen the other two canyons? Dog is defintely a good one. Baboon is worth seeing, but is the shortest of the three by far. There are others in the area that looked interesting too...

Take care,
    A.J.

I second not missing the Dog while out there, it's a good one for sure! Awesome pics AJ, Cricket looks scary but amazing.

nice pics ! as i looked at them i found myself remembering almost every location. liked the write up too. really want to return and do happy dog and baboon laughs. bothe look amazing. any future poe return will definitely be via water taxi from bullfrog. i just can't stand the thought of that long hike in w/ the long dirt road drive. *ugh * and an earlier start. our casual 8ish plus start, route finding up the fold, and casual pace w/ copious ooh-ing and ahh-ing, along w/ the problem solving, really extended our time in canyon.

area has at least a few more routes to explore as well. one righgt by muley tanks looks real cool. scouted the 1st canyon south of halls creek narrows and very short, but neat. 2nd canyon s of hcn has lots of big, riparian potholes. looks like a lot of fun on a hot summer day if they are deep enough to jump. for those who like extended backpacks w/ some technical canyons thrown in to spice it up halls creek has a lot to offer for a week plus of playing. and plenty of water !
    signature

Nice Trip Reports, AJ!

Always nice to read about the stuff not so much on the radar.