Thread: bogley relay team? runners wanted

bogley relay team? runners wanted

Anyone interested in forming a Bogley team to enter the Wasatch Back Relay in June?

Details: http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/index.php

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: bogley relay team? runners wanted

Quote Originally Posted by adamsco
    Anyone interested in forming a Bogley team to enter the Wasatch Back Relay in June?

Details: http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/index.php
    As long as you are okay with being on a crappy team, I'd do it.

I'll be in Cour d'Alene that weekend, but have fun! I did it two years ago and LOVED it... would definitely do it again. Good luck!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

I think that we should totally put together a team.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I think that we should totally put together a team.
    That's two of us so far. We'll need 10 more plus two route volunteers. This will be my third year running. Two years ago I ran with a lame team from work and last year I was invited last minute to fill in on a corporate team from Santa Barbara (I had already told my lame work team to forget about it).

I think a Bogley team would be a lot of fun. I can potentially bring over 3-5 non-Boges to run if we need to, but it would be better to keep it in the family.

We just missed the early registration deadline (so the cost went up a little) and there are already 598 teams registered. Since they are only allowing 650 teams this year, we have to act sort of quickish about this. I don't mind fronting the registration money as long as we have a bunch of pretty solid commitments. If anyone has connections we can also look at getting sponsored to cover some or all of the costs.

The race is a lot of fun. If you're not feeling very fleet on your feet right now, you have like 5 months to get that way. Go Team Bogley! Let me know who's interested and we'll see if we can put this thing together.

I have at least one friend that I can get to do this with us. Maybe 2 or 3, but one for sure.

Cody,
    Does the Guard sponsor a team for this? Seems like a good recruitment opportunity. They already have vans and plenty of good runners...
    The person to ask is Col. Copeland or Col. French. Actually Brad Hansen might know...
    If not those three people would be a good place to start looking for recruits for building a team.

I think I would consider running with a Bogley team. I'm not a distance runner, but if we start planning now and if we keep it beginner friendly, I could train up...
    (Of course if you pull in Brad, French and Copeland I'm out; they will make me look foolish out there.)

What's the cost? 100 bucks each to register. Add transportation to that. Seems wise to plan a team budget for food and water to be available in the van.

I'm just talking here, too early in this relationship for a commitment. Or I might be interested in driving & support...

Yeah if Bogley wanted to do a "Real" team then I could also do support. But I think it would be fun to participate in this and it would give me a reason to train.

The underwhelming response to this thread only confirms the characters on this site. A lot of talk, a lot of desire, and perhaps less of a body than required. I fit that category. Pehahps you should pose a beer question.
    Life is Good

I'm a pretty dedicated runner, and would be down for something a little less involved, like a marathon relay. I've run in two marathon relays, and had a blast. This 190 mile 24 hour deal sounds like too much work.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I'm a pretty dedicated runner, and would be down for something a little less involved, like a marathon relay. I've run in two marathon relays, and had a blast. This 190 mile 24 hour deal sounds like too much work.
    Ditto.

I think regardless out what this turns into we should get you some t-shirts.

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I've run several 5K races each year, but I don't know if I'm up to a 3-8 miler in that area.

Considering it's in June, my ankle will have healed. Perhaps if I can start running again in March, I'd be ready for this one.

For now, I'm a tentative participant - but not the best or fastest runner.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Cody,
    Does the Guard sponsor a team for this? Seems like a good recruitment opportunity. They already have vans and plenty of good runners...
    The person to ask is Col. Copeland or Col. French. Actually Brad Hansen might know...
    If not those three people would be a good place to start looking for recruits for building a team.

I think I would consider running with a Bogley team. I'm not a distance runner, but if we start planning now and if we keep it beginner friendly, I could train up...
    (Of course if you pull in Brad, French and Copeland I'm out; they will make me look foolish out there.)

What's the cost? 100 bucks each to register. Add transportation to that. Seems wise to plan a team budget for food and water to be available in the van.

I'm just talking here, too early in this relationship for a commitment. Or I might be interested in driving & support...
    I actually ran on a team with Brad two years ago (lame work team). I just asked him the night we went to the hockey game a few weeks ago if he wanted in on a team and I think he had something going on already. Maybe we can work on him though. The Guard semi-sponsored a couple teams last year and I've also tried to assemble a team from my unit but the response has been tepid so far. If we can get a Bogley team going, I'll want to bring Lynn over for sure. I'd rather run with a Bogley team anyway.

The event requires some conditioning, but any of you guys/gals would be fine with five months to prepare. I don't train nearly as serious as I used to. My team from Santa Barbara had some sea level-slackers that had run about five times in their lives and they finished their legs just fine (but the learned in a hurry what it means to run at elevation). I'm not looking for a top 50 finish or anything. Maybe we could shoot for like a 24 hour finish though. Five months is plenty of time to get ready.

I'll say once again that it's a really fun event. There's plenty of time to rest, eat, and sleep between each other's legs (...uh, that came out wrong). It does cost a little, but the race gives out a shirt and a bunch of other swag.

The fee is $1200 divided between 12 runners (minus any sponsors we might be able to snag). Aside from that we need two Vans/SUVs and two volunteers. We can also share food, split gasoline, and maybe print some T-shirts.

Each runner runs three legs. The longest single leg is 8.5 miles and the shortest is 3.1. The longest total runner distance (all three legs) is 19.2 miles and the shortest is 12 miles. You can all pick which set of three legs you like. http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/runnerchart.php

I have heard good things about this run. I'd love to be a part of it, but I'd also be interested in a marathon relay or something shorter.

Maybe we should organize a Bogley Triathlon? It'd be cool to do a triathlon swimming across Tibble Fork Lake, running down the mountain and biking to Timp Caves or the mouth of AF canyon. I wonder how hard that would be to organize? I bet we could get a lot of people to Bogley doing something like that.