Thread: Snowshoe vid

Snowshoe vid

We weren't out long, or there would be more familiar faces.

Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yea! We missed you guys at the top. Totally understood the kiddo thing. We were commenting on how patient you are with Corey. Was great to meet you.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Very patient! Your boy is adorable.
    Chere'

Thanks for the kind words... Its just been him and I since he was six months. I have had lots of time to learn patience.

He could have made it, but he was using shoes that were too big, and I was feeling sorry for him. We made it about 1.5 miles round trip, so it was pretty good.

Maybe next time we will make it the whole way.

Had tons of fun, though.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Nice to meet you Mtnman and thanks for the cool vid. It was such a nice day to be out.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Nice to meet you Mtnman and thanks for the cool vid. It was such a nice day to be out.
    Was nice to meet you as well. maybe next time I will have more time to socialize.
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Thanks for the kind words... Its just been him and I since he was six months. I have had lots of time to learn patience.

He could have made it, but he was using shoes that were too big, and I was feeling sorry for him. We made it about 1.5 miles round trip, so it was pretty good.

Had tons of fun, though.
    How old is he?
    I got one thats 5 now, will be 6 in july.
    On hsi 4th birthday we headed up the uintas, over by some "camp" my wife used to go to as a kid...damned if I can think of the name! anyone with kids in the provo area in public school should know, provo? pleasant grove? same district? I dunno...
    Anyways I took him from our camp up the road on to the damn...that name again? almost had it that time...back around the mountain off road and off trail. Total hike was just over 5 miles, he made all but about a mile he spent on my back and that was the steepest part of the hike, beginning and end he did fine and most of the middle.

AHA! Mill hollow area, fro just about a mile up the road past the reservoir to the top around the duschene ridge and back over the top down the other side and back to the road about a mile above camp then down to the tent.
    He is a big kid, always has been, but he did pretty well. He has of course been hiking with us since the summer he learned to walk. Keep that kid in the outdoors and he will do just fine in a short time. Mine has slowed us down but never stopped us from completing any hikes. last summer we had him all over cottonwood, a few hikes there totaling 7 and 8 miles, he was on my back for very little of those walks in the woods.
    The only bad thing is that if he is with us, we miss alot of animals, he is not exactly silent as he tromps along the trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830

Had tons of fun, though.
    How old is he?
    I got one thats 5 now, will be 6 in july.
    On hsi 4th birthday we headed up the uintas, over by some "camp" my wife used to go to as a kid...damned if I can think of the name! anyone with kids in the provo area in public school should know, provo? pleasant grove? same district? I dunno...
    Anyways I took him from our camp up the road on to the damn...that name again? almost had it that time...back around the mountain off road and off trail. Total hike was just over 5 miles, he made all but about a mile he spent on my back and that was the steepest part of the hike, beginning and end he did fine and most of the middle.

AHA! Mill hollow area, fro just about a mile up the road past the reservoir to the top around the duschene ridge and back over the top down the other side and back to the road about a mile above camp then down to the tent.
    He is a big kid, always has been, but he did pretty well. He has of course been hiking with us since the summer he learned to walk. Keep that kid in the outdoors and he will do just fine in a short time. Mine has slowed us down but never stopped us from completing any hikes. last summer we had him all over cottonwood, a few hikes there totaling 7 and 8 miles, he was on my back for very little of those walks in the woods.
    The only bad thing is that if he is with us, we miss alot of animals, he is not exactly silent as he tromps along the trails.
    Yeah, he loves to get out. Last year we spent four days hikingaround Mesa Verde, and the year before, Arches NP and LWH and Bell...

He does start to complain - just to hear himself, I guess.
    - Edward Abbey

very cool