Thread: Xgames 09/Pennywise Aspen

Xgames 09/Pennywise Aspen

My husband and I decided to get out with the kids and take a little road trip up valley to Aspen for the ESPN Xgames. The activities started at 1 pm, running all the way to 9pm this evening. Our plan was to stop by Buttermilk Mountain, watch the games for a couple of hours, then head into Aspen for an early dinner and finish off the evening with a free show by Pennywise (oldschool skate thrash band). Unfortunately on our drive up valley, our youngest decided it was the perfect opportunity to take a nap. Last thing we wanted to do was wake him b/c waking him is usually a recipe for disaster aka The Temper Tantrum. Along with that excuse, we also ran across another hurdle- road signs along the way claimed that all of the event parking was full so we decided to by-pass the Xgames all together. Blah!!! We did drive right by Buttermilk on the way into and out of Aspen. Looked like SO MUCH FUN!!! From the road we watched snowmobiles and snowboarders catch big air. Instead we ate a great dinner and then headed on up to the base of Aspen Mountain to wait for Pennywise to play. Our youngest decided he wanted to take his Tonka truck which gave all my boys something fun to do.....ride down the hill on the Tonka truck. Things were going great, Pennywise was on stage for their first few songs into the set, mom and dad were happy, both boys were rocking out and BAM!!!!! Some drunk woman came flying down the mountain (sliding) and knocked my youngest son down like a bowling ball knocking down pins. He was traumatized.......she was drunk. It was just all done at that point. Anyhow.........I thank Budlight for allowing me to deal with the drama and I've learned that it's probably best NOT to take 5 year old children to see live music. We'll be waiting a few years before we attempt this again. Here are some fun photos of our day.
    Attached Images Attached Images            

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Looks like a great day! Sorry to hear about the drunk lady...my wife would have been on her azz.

I can relate to waking up the little ones early...my 2 year old.

Sounds cool and sucky all at the same time. Pretty cool that you got all of those pictures of the drunk lady though.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

Too bad it wasn't all-around awesome - but at least it didn't totally suck!

Did the kids ask what that funny smell was?

I've listened to some Pennywise - mostly on the Punk-o-rama compilation CDs from Epitaph - but never seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

Too bad it wasn't all-around awesome - but at least it didn't totally suck!

Did the kids ask what that funny smell was?

I've listened to some Pennywise - mostly on the Punk-o-rama compilation CDs from Epitaph - but never seen them.
    Seriously, we had a good time. It was nice to drive up valley for a little change of scenery, eat something new and drink a few beers. The kids did have a good time. As with most smaller children, once they determine they are DONE, they are DONE. And that was the case with our 5 year old. After the crazy drunk lady (and it wasn't me!!) plowed into him, it just set the tone. HAHA!!! Pennywise is just good old skate thrash......you can't go wrong with heavy fast guitar, a good crowd and the F word. My husband has been a fan for many many years so he had a good time as well. Feb 7th, going to see the Rev up in Aspen and going to take our oldest son.

Regarding the "smells".......my oldest son claimed the "smells" were mild compared to when he went to the Ziggy Marley concert up in Snowmass this summer.

Welcome to Aspen!

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    Feb 7th, going to see the Rev up in Aspen and going to take our oldest son.
    I'll bet you'll change your mind about Paul once you see him live

HAHA!! I forgot about that! He's your bro-inlaw???? I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    HAHA!! I forgot about that! He's your bro-inlaw???? I forget.
    Step- bro