Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid PETA

Stupid PETA

PETA is petitioning to call fish "Sea Kittens" with the rationale that no one would want to hurt a sea kitten. But really, that just makes me hungry for "land fish", which is what I'm petitioning to call cats.

I really have nothing against PETA, I just think they're a bunch of pussies. The world needs pussies.

My source is the interwebs: http://www.newsday.com/features/food...,3462193.story

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Stupid PETA

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    The world needs pussies.

And I don't know about you, but I also love Cow Puppy Marsala, Cow Puppy Parmesan, and Cow Puppy Cutlets.
    "The ACA is a non-profit organization..."
    - Rich Carlson, the ACA's founder/president/director/self-appointed king

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
    - Mark Twain

PETA is petitioning to call fish "Sea Kittens" with the rationale that no one would want to hurt a sea kitten. But really, that just makes me hungry for "land fish", which is what I'm petitioning to call cats.

I really have nothing against PETA, I just think they're a bunch of pussies. The world needs pussies.

My source is the interwebs: http://www.newsday.com/features/food...,3462193.story
    This will simply serve to serve to convince the world that Kittens make good sushimi.

Peta is not about being nice to animals. Its about raising millions fo dollars from morons.
    Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedMan
    Its about raising millions fo dollars from morons.
    and it's obviously not as difficult as one would imagine.
    But if I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.

that just makes me hungry for "land fish", which is what I'm petitioning to call cats.
    Steven Colbert beat you to the punch. Video Clip Here Jump to 1:30 for the PETA part.

James

i remember hearing a few years back from somewhere ( sorry, can't remember from what source. but i am being honest !) that donations to "pet" organizations, or animal rights groups, or whatever you wanna call 'em, was more than the donations to all other charitites combined. that is unbelievable. surely it can't be true ? that is staggering,and pathetic. that of all the charitable organizations out there working to make better tomorrows for people, that people choose to give money to animals, valueing that life over a humans. disgusting if true.

side note - no kill shelters are horribly cruel and i honestly think people supporting confining an animal to a small cage w/ a run shared by many others are just plain stupid and are not really concerned w/ the animlas welfare, but there own desire to see the cute lil puppy and kitty live so they can feel good about theirself, no matter the aimal lives out an excruciatingly painful life in a prison. rare exceptions occur like best friends.
    signature

You're so insensitive Ice, you should love all of God's creations

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Ok now......don't start with us cat people (and there are many on here - male and female). Would you want to see your pup bbq'ed over an open flame? And no, I'm not a PETA fan, but I'm not a PETA hater either, and I eat meat and *sea kitties* Don't bring the innocent little kitties into the fray!

Never regret anything that made you smile!

I really have nothing against PETA
    I do.

Penn and Teller have Peta nailed, this video contains very strong language and is NSFW so I didn't hotlink it.

youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY

NOT WORK SAFE, did I mention that?

Here ya go I saw that episode on Bull$hit, great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by goofball
    side note - no kill shelters are horribly cruel and i honestly think people supporting confining an animal to a small cage w/ a run shared by many others are just plain stupid and are not really concerned w/ the animlas welfare, but there own desire to see the cute lil puppy and kitty live so they can feel good about theirself, no matter the aimal lives out an excruciatingly painful life in a prison. rare exceptions occur like best friends.

That's a blanket statement. Applies to some no-kill facilities, not all. I volunteered with a no-kill group which had a safehouse network. We all lived with the dogs we sheltered, doing as much rehabilitation as just the day to day care.

Side note: Some of us volunteer/give money to animal welfare because these creatures cannot do for themselves. Humans can.

Side side note: I had ground venison mixed with Hamburger Helper last night. It was so good that it felt wrong.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

...But really, that just makes me hungry for "land fish", which is what I'm petitioning to call cats.

That is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    That is awesome!
    Goes with the prisoner menu items of yours

I like PETA... but only when they hire Victoria's Secrets models to get naked and protest fur, heh
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

Quote Originally Posted by KapitanSparrow
    I like PETA...
    I'm all for People Eating Tasty Animals

Quote Originally Posted by goofball
    i remember hearing a few years back from somewhere ( sorry, can't remember from what source. but i am being honest !) that donations to "pet" organizations, or animal rights groups, or whatever you wanna call 'em, was more than the donations to all other charitites combined. that is unbelievable. surely it can't be true ? that is staggering,and pathetic. that of all the charitable organizations out there working to make better tomorrows for people, that people choose to give money to animals, valueing that life over a humans. disgusting if true.

The whole "people who give money to animal rights/shelter/rescue organizations must hate people and love animals" argument is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. People choose which causes to care about, and if they chose animals over humans, good for them. There are more than enough people who care nothing for animal care organizations, and make all of their donations to various humanitarian causes. I don't begrudge them their causes, what gives you the right to begrudge me mine.

Secondly, you should educate yourself on no-kill shelters before you make blatantly untrue blanket statements about the idea as a whole. You are correct that there are bad shelters, and that even worse, there are animal hoarders who, even if good intentioned don't provide a good life for the animals they claim to care for. But as you mentioned, amazing places like Best Friends do exist, and if that proves anything, it proves that it can and should be done right. Instead of bagging on those organizations that don't do the right thing, how about promoting the creation and growth of organizations that do. You think that without millions in volunteer funding, organizations like BFAS could do what they do?

Lastly, I consider myself fairly well educated on animal rights issues and organizations, and have spent a lot of my own time and money volunteering and donating to some very good ones. That said, IMHO, PETA has done animal rights, vegan/vegetarianism more harm than good. With the money PETA both brings in and spends, they could have created 10x the quality no-kill shelters/farm sanctuarys/animal rehabilitation centers then what exists right now. Instead, their sensationalist attacks on business, people, and ways of life have made them a laughingstock, and brought a lot of unnecessary negative attention on the causes that they support. They spend those same millions of dollars on fairly ineffective advertising campaigns, and in my eyes have been a disappointment to the cause.

as an afterthough - Peta stated that Michael Vick's dogs were all too screwed up to ever be rehabilitated, and that they should be all put down. BFAS as well as BAD RAP, a animal rescue group out of California, and a number of other groups disagreed, and volunteer to take responsibility for attempts at rehabbing the dogs. This SI Article http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...2/22/vick.dogs provides much more detail, but I'll quote this paragraph that shows what value no-kill shelters can bring to the table -

"In the end, 47 of the 51 Vick dogs were saved. (Two died while in the shelters; one was destroyed because it was too violent; and another was euthanized for medical reasons.) Twenty-two dogs went to Best Friends, where McMillan and his staff chart their emotional state daily; almost all show steady improvement in categories such as calmness, sociability and happiness. McMillan believes 17 of the dogs will eventually be adopted, and applicants are being screened for the first of those. The other 25 have been spread around the country; the biggest group, 10, went to California with BAD RAP. Fourteen of the 25 have been placed in permanent homes, and the rest are in foster care."
    Tear down Dams, Build up Dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by fouristhenewone
    Instead, their sensationalist attacks on business, people, and ways of life have made them a laughingstock, and brought a lot of unnecessary negative attention on the causes that they support.
    Very well said, I've worked right alongside of Peta groups many times, and I agree they do more harm than good due to their abrasive statements and confrontational tactics.

Please buy my book - "Paiute ATV Trail Guide" at www.atvutah.com - I need gas money!!!!

But really, that just makes me hungry for "land fish", which is what I'm petitioning to call cats.
    Overheard at a Korean BBQ, "Do you buy your meat by the pound or from the pound?"
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

I don't know how many people heard this on various news channels last summer, but I almost thought it humorous.

[i]PETA says it wants world famous Ben & Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream to tap nursing moms, rather than cows, for the milk used in its ice cream.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is asking the ice cream maker to begin using breast milk in its products instead of cow's milk, saying it would reduce the suffering of cows and calves and give ice cream lovers a healthier product.

The idea got a cool reception Thursday from Ben & Jerry's officials, the company's customers and even La Leche League International, the world's oldest breast-feeding support organization, which promotes the practice