Thread: TR: Montezuma's Gold / Toadstools

TR: Montezuma's Gold / Toadstools

Cristina and I wanted to get out of the smog last weekend and get some sun, so we headed south. The destination? Kanab area.

Surprisingly, there is quite a bit of snow on the ground in Kanab, making off pavement travel all but impossible, so we spent the first day visiting and photographing the toadstools near Paria. This is a pretty amazing area. Crystal clear skies led to some good photos.

The next day we decided to search for the illusive Montezuma's Caves that captivated the town of Kanab in the 1920's with gold fever. We parked on the pavement and made the hike in. The caves are interesting, and led to quite a debate between Cristina and I as to the origin of them. I think our unofficial consensus was natural with possibly some expansion by humans over time. We located no gold....

All in all a great weekend. We made the trip home Sunday night.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: TR: Montezuma's Gold / Toadstools

very cool silhouette pic in the mine.
    signature

Very nice pics.

I've been looking for an excuse to make my way back down to the Kanab area after hitting the Paria Canyon area and the Grand Canyon in May. Looks like I might have found more than one.
    seen all good people turn their heads each day so satisfied I'm on my way...

Kanab area is definitely becoming one of my favorite areas for photography. The colors and shapes there are pretty unique.

If you haven't done Buckskin, it's highly recommended as well! Add it to your list.