Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite local restaurant?

What's your favorite local restaurant?

Five Star Restaurant, serving Thai food.

Located in Roy. My fav dish is #13 Sum Neau (I think) or as we call it, Beef Salad.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Maranatha's Mexican food in Eagle Mountain. Best beef nachos evar!

There are too many good restaurants to choose from but that is where we go the most.
    The man thong is wrong.

Tree Room or Foundry Grill at Sundance

Red Iguana, Este Pizza, and Moochies would be my top 3. The Original Pankcake house gets my top honors for breakfast. Special honors to the General Grits Deli at Snowbird for the best resort food I've ever had at a great price.

Cache County.... probably Callaways in Smithfield.

We go to Salt Lake quite often. Our favorite there would have to be Trio. Fantastic food and very attractive exceptional staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Mmmmm...... Been there. Love that.

Hooters....

What can I say.... I'm a pig.

Marv's - best burgers and milkshakes in STG. And we have an In/Out mind you.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

Pat' BBQ is one of my many favs. Speaking of which...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5360695

Local diner to be featured on Food Network show
    January 19, 2009

A little-known Utah restaurant is about to get its 15 minutes of fame.

Pat's Barbecue may be well-known to locals who love its homemade cornbread, burnt ends and greens, but to the rest of the world, South Salt Lake isn't exactly on the road map of great places to get barbecue. To owner Pat Barber, that's part of the charm.

When Barber started his business venture 16 years ago, he was interested in cooking and catering but especially looking for something new.

"I was looking for something that, number one, wasn't really indigenous to Utah, and something that I thought was a lost American art form of true barbecue: smoked meats.

"Being that it is not so popular here, then when I very first started cooking, I thought that it would be interesting with taking my 'sport' and turning people on to what I thought was just really good barbecue. And taking a culmination of my life experiences, from traveling around the country and competing, and bringing that right here into this old warehouse on a dead end street in South Salt Lake and make it into what it is today," Barber said.

The blues music is sometimes live and sometimes piped in overhead, but the customers aren't singing the blues. They're pretty happy to have found Pat's and are proud to call the building off West Temple near 2100 South their discovery.

One first-time visitor said, "You'd never know about it if you didn't know about it beforehand."

Another added, "In fact, we were thinking after it airs today, it's going to be popping busy!"

As to Barber, he's still pinching himself. "We just couldn't believe that it was really happening to us. And we still can't!" he said.

Guy Fieri's show, "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives," will feature the restaurant at 8:00 tonight on the Food Network.

Barber is hosting a party tonight with a buffet to watch the episode and enjoy live music. You can find the details about the party on his website.

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Agreed - hands down. Pricey, but worth the trip up to Sundance.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Bohemian Brewery. Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOU812
    I think this was discussed as a potential meeting place for our Bogley Winterfest in a couple of weeks?

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Pat' BBQ is one of my many favs. Speaking of which...

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=5360695
    I saw this place tonight on Drive In's, Diners and Dives (or something like that). Looks really good. This guy has also done features on Ruth's Diner (up Emigration Canyon) and a sandwich place called Moochie's somewhere close to downtown. Anyone been there?
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    Agreed - hands down. Pricey, but worth the trip up to Sundance.
    I'd take Chef's Table on the Orem/Provo hill on State Street any day over Sundance.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Maranatha's Mexican food in Eagle Mountain. Best beef nachos evar!

There are too many good restaurants to choose from but that is where we go the most.
    seriously? i live in eagle mtn, and do to the lack of options, we tried it one night. one of the worst dining experiences i have ever had. probably the worst food i have paid to eat. my chimichanga tasted like it was frozen, then tossed in the microwave.... i love mexican food, so if i can have some reason to believe i wont get the same results, i may give it another try
    "Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements"

Peter Gibbons - Office Space

DaveOU812 wrote:

I think this was discussed as a potential meeting place for our Bogley Winterfest in a couple of weeks?

Yea, but it was done once already. If we do it again I may be more inclined to show my face.

I totally think we should do it again!! But then again, I have no clue of logistics, etc........so don't listen to me. I love food so anything sounds good.

Oscars in Springdale. Fish Tacos or Ribs for Yo. I go from Quesadilla to Garlic Burger.

Zion Pizza and Whiptails when they're open.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    My fav up by Brigham City is Maddox

Eden Valley I love Alpine Pizza.

My fav in SLC well have no idea.. I have eaten at Moochies that was very good. Probably Takashi's or there is a Thai place. I know where it is at but I don't know the name.

But in Ogden I love Roosters and my absolute favorite place to eat and I am going tomorrow at 11:30 with the girls from work is TONA's... sushi mmmmm. Green globe orgasim. Oh and I have a new favorite their the escolar and hamachi. It has a very thin slice of lime and a very salty carrot. Not spicy. So very yummy.
    Chere'

Quote Originally Posted by DWayne27
    seriously? i live in eagle mtn, and do to the lack of options, we tried it one night. one of the worst dining experiences i have ever had. probably the worst food i have paid to eat. my chimichanga tasted like it was frozen, then tossed in the microwave.... i love mexican food, so if i can have some reason to believe i wont get the same results, i may give it another try
    My wife didn't like the chimichanga either. Not much on it. We both have an addiction to their nachos. They slow cook a roast for the shredded beef on top. It is so good. I get the nachos with the liquid nacho cheese. not the real cheeese nachos. I have also had a couple other burritos that I loved too. Give the nachos a try. I also love the home made chips and salsa.
    The man thong is wrong.