Thread: HCG Diet Info

HCG Diet Info

I have been on the HCG diet for 2 weeks now and have had some pretty remarkable results. I have weighed myself every day at the same time and I started out at 250 (even) and today (my 14th day on the diet) I weighed in at 228.8
    (21 pounds in 14 days)

Measurements on Day 1:

Just above the waist: 38.5 inches
    Fattest part of my stomach: 44 inches
    Butt: 48 inches
    Upper Thigh: 28 Inches

My measurements today (Day 14) were:
    Just above the waist: 36 inches
    Fattest part of my stomach: 40inches
    Butt: 45 inches
    Upper Thigh: 26 Inches

(11.5 inches in total)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normally if you consume less than the 1200 calories a day your body goes into "starvation mode" and begins to store your fat and burn your muscle. HCG allows you to consume 500 calories a day and burn the unwanted fat instead of the muscle.

The first two days you force feed yourself all the fatty foods you can (so that you have fat in your blood stream for powering your body until the HCG takes effect and burns the fat on your body). Then you have a VERY specific diet for the next 23-40 days.

The HCG Diet Overview

Breakfast:

Tea or coffee in any quantity without sugar. Only one tablespoonful of milk allowed in 24 hours. Saccharin or Stevia may be used.

Lunch:

1. 100 grams of veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp. All visible fat must be carefully removed before cooking, and the meat must be weighed raw. It must be boiled or grilled without additional fat. Salmon, eel, tuna, herring, dried or pickled fish are not allowed. The chicken breast must be removed from the bird.

2. One type of vegetable only to be chosen from the following: spinach, chard, chicory, beet-greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage.

3. One piece of Melba toast (or about 2 Melba rounds).

4. An apple, orange, or a handful of strawberries or one-half grapefruit.

Dinner :

The same four choices as lunch (above.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After those 23 - 40 days you do an Atkins type diet for 3 weeks (you increase your protein amount but avoid sugar and starches). After the Phase 2 (Atkins-esk diet you are done). Part of this diet is to help you retrain yourself on portions control after it is done.

My experience:

The first couple of days after I started I had headaches and earaches, but on day 4 or 5 everything became easy. I have had plenty of energy the whole time (I really have felt no different than normal after the first week), the only hunger I experience is psychological (like craving brownies or whatever). Week days I am so busy with work that it is really easy for me. Weekends when I am with friends and everyone is eating yummy foods around me, it is harder. I drink anywhere between 3 to 6 nalgenes a day and I never drink the herbal tea (because I don't like it). And so far it has worked really well.

I would like to keep my weight under 230 for the rest of my life, but if I ever reach 250 again I will start this diet up right away. Anyway, so far so good, and I thought I'd share my results.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Good job, DiscGo! I gotta go on a diet.
    "Always look at the bright side of life"

how are you handling the injections...
    "You can judge the character of a man by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him"

I am actually doing the drops. I take 10 drops 3 times a day. It is my understanding (and I hope I am wrong :) ) that the HCG is extracted from pregnant women, and then sanitized with some form of alcohol. So it is kind of the worst of both worlds: It tastes like rubbing alcohol and it is urine :). I do not care of the flavor but I am used to it.

Sounds unhealthy. Almost as unhealthy as the Atkins diet.

500 calories a day? Your brain needs almost that many calories a day to function properly, let alone the rest of your body. (World Health Org, Guthrie and Picciano, 1995)

I think that's called anorexia...
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Congrats on your weight loss Dan! That is a huge amount to lose in 2 weeks. Will you keep up with this? Or will you eventually graduate back into eating carbs, etc...? I guess the question of it being healthy or not to do such an extreme diet will always out-weigh the unhealthiness of being over weight. It's definitely a fine line that many of us walk. I think the reality is that a person that chooses this diet knows it's just a diet and that it's not real life. But anytime we can re-learn portion sizes, limiting fat and sugar intake and over all re-examining what we are shoving in our mouths should be looked at as a positive. It's sticking with the good habits that seems to be so hard for some of us. In any case, congrats on getting through the hardest two weeks!!! Glad to hear you did well on it.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    I think that's called anorexia...

Before I tried this diet, I believed it to be unhealthy.

After doing it, I have no regrets because it is a really easy tool to get control back over my weight, but the first week especially felt like controlled anorexia.

Bro,

Just be careful ok? I'm not a nutritionist but reading this scares the S outta me. I'm sure you know your body and are doing what ya gotta do, but I must say I don't like it man.

If you want my advice (and i know you do , haha). Screw how much you weigh. Just track the inches I think. Also, how do feel when you look in the mirror? How do your clothes fit you? How is your activity level? Stuff like that is more important than lbs IMO. I would go for HIIT http://www.intervaltraining.net/hiit.html (totally free) no changing your food intake. in fact they recommend you keep it high. And then get a WiiFit and bust out some yoga and practice deep breathing and meditation. That would mean you spend 3 days a week doing HIIT for 20 mins only, and then when you get home spend 20 mins everyday doing yoga on the Wii. Done. No freaky diets, insane starving, drops from pregnant chicks, chemicals, or whatever. That small change in lifestyle is easy to manage and you'll get great results. At least promise me you'll check it out. I don't know many people who can keep up the insane diet you're talking about. And the amount of time your dedicating to cutting every little piece of fat of 100 grams of meat has got to be insane.

Edit: this sounds way preachy, so please realize that's not my intent. I just want ya to be healthy is all.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

deathcricket- You are by far one of my favorite people on this site, and you opinions really do matter. So I appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

This diet is not allowed to go longer than 40 days, so I don't plan on keeping this up. I usually eat so much crap that I have actually felt healthier these last two weeks with less food than normal than I usually do due to only having healthy foods in my system.

I started a new job back in September and it has been very time consuming, and so I have not had\made time to be as fit as I'd like, so I have made a conscience decision to use this diet to try and keep control of my weight and so far I am pleased with the results. Anyway, I appreciate your concern and I'll be sure to follow up with any bad results or anything also.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    Curious... how much did this cost?
    Chere'

I don't know my mother-in-law bought it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    I don't know my mother-in-law bought it for me.
    lol. That could be taken the wrong way. "Merry Christmas FATTY. I bought you a diet program because it makes me sick looking at you!"

The man thong is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    lol. That could be taken the wrong way. "Merry Christmas FATTY. I bought you a diet program because it makes me sick looking at you!"