Thread: Comcast Installs Cable In Your Gutter, Across Driveway, Lawn

Comcast Installs Cable In Your Gutter, Across Driveway, Lawn

http://consumerist.com/5130627/comca...-your-driveway

Who has experienced this with Comcast? Obviously their top priority isn't getting things installed properly. My last house was new and I had Comcast installed and they took months to come back and bury the cable. Luckily I didn't have grass in yet, but my buddy did and they hosed one of his sprinkler pipes and then only burred the cable a few inches.

This was also after several months of waiting...jokers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

They kept putting it on top of the lawn of my uncle's back yard. He kept running over it with the lawn mower, and it would actually knock out the whole block.

They'd repair it, and he told them face to face that when they turned the corner, he'd cut it again.

They fixed it after 3 X

So funny! I was bitching at them this very weekend for this issue! They ran it across my driveway and some gravel from the MPOE. I run over it all the time. Hasn't broken yet but I'm surprised. I've called them like 3 times to bury the cable and they will not do it. If there was any other company in my area I would friggin drop them. If i recall, I'll take a pic this weekend when I get home.

Edit: to be fair though, Direct TV installers are way worse. They ran it across my lawn and drilled a hole in the side of my living room about 2 feet up. After I had ran cable through the walls for them with a drop in every room. Ohhhh if i was home i would have killed that bastard.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

I remember that shling!

Get a picture death...

We had Comcast internet installed about one year ago. Because there was snow on the ground, they promised to come back and bury the cable. The first time I called them about it was in March. "Someone will be out by the end of the month" they said. Nada. Then I called them again in April. "We'll get someone out there by the end of the month". Nada again. I was mowing regularly and luckily, my mower blade is set high so I didn't cut the cable, but I was worried that I would and that it would take them forever to come out and repair it. After several online discussions, they finally came out in August and buried the thing---and only took $20 off my bill for the trouble. If I had any other reasonable options for high speed internet in my area, I would've dumped them.

Must have been a late Friday install

Comcast sucks - they're charging me $56 for cable internet. It would be less if I had some tv package as well but I don't watch tv so f them.

Any ideas for a decent provider that will let me have internet without tv/phone combos?
    "Always look at the bright side of life"