Thread: Slot canyon near Honduras/Guatamala border with photos

Slot canyon near Honduras/Guatamala border with photos

We just got back from Central America. I thought you might enjoy some photos of a slot canyon in Honduras. It was sort of dark and hard to get photos of most of the canyon though.

Ca

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Holy cow! what an awesome experience that must have been for the kids. that looks like a different world than the canyons I'm used to. Someday I may venture out of the country for some canyons. I still have too many in Utah I have on my list, then it's on to Arizona.

Thanks for posting the TR and pics!
    The man thong is wrong.

You are the man Scott! Definitely one of the best examples on this site!

Awesome! I would love to go somewhere that green. And doing a canyon barefoot is hardcore!
    Stop checking my spelling! I know I suck but I amn't in school anymor, so back off.

Someday I may venture out of the country for some canyons. I still have too many in Utah I have on my list, then it's on to Arizona.
    True there are enough canyons to explore in Utah to last many lifetimes, but on the other hand it was nice to do a canyon in 80 degree weather in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    True there are enough canyons to explore in Utah to last many lifetimes, but on the other hand it was nice to do a canyon in 80 degree weather in December.
    You have a good point there.
    The man thong is wrong.

Nice pics man! thanks for sharing. Looks like an amazing place. I can't wait till my son gets old enough to go out with me. Little jealous there of ya.
    Your safety is not my responsibility.

The post says Honduran/guatemala, but then it says honduras/El Salvador... I'm Honduran and didn't even know it existed. I am now keen to get there. Any info yo have on this will be appreciated.

Sorry for the typo. It is actually the Guatamala/Honduras border. This little slot is just outside Copan. It is near the fertility rock at Los Sapos.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Thanks.... I'll be traveling around Honduras looking for spots like this. I will keep post up in case you are interested. If you come down again let me know. It might make the trip less expensive if you have a host.

12. Likes Brian in SLC liked this post