Thread: Use your Sick Days wisely

Use your Sick Days wisely

I was thinking today would be a good day to use a sick day for the slopes.

Unfortunately, I'm actually home sick with a cold, and watching my boy. I was off yesterday for the same reason, and I haven't been back to work since before Christmas.

So, my next sick day to be used as a Powder day will have to wait a while.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah man, that really sucks when you have to use your sick leave when you are really sick.

I too did not go today for health reasons. Kind of. I was waiting for a phone call from my doc on some chest xray results. But turns out all I have is a mild case of asthma. An inhaler seems like it might do the trick.

Hey if you would like someone to get some video of you boarding some time (seeing as how you are the one always doing the camera work) and wouldn't mind hanging with the heathen Last Child, let me know if you are planning on taking a "sick day". We could meet at the Basin and I'll bring my little camera and see if I can get some action shots of the Beech?

Get well soon.

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar
    I had today off, and then changed my mind Monday morning told them I would be here. Work scheduled an important meeting just because I was coming to work.... and then snow. UGGG and I couldn't go play. So I am pouting today.

If you guys go to Basin I want to come play too!! You could always strap the thing to my head and I can video of you both.
    Chere'

OK, so I'm not the only sick one. Head and chest cold, here. Just got back from the doctor's office, getting a sick form. Off until Sunday...

Get well, 'beech! And glad to hear it's nothing too serious, Last Child.

I hope I don't catch your virus......Sorry had to do it...

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Today was my BEST day EVAH. This is definitely one sick day to remember. Tomorrow isn't going to be too bad, either. Man, I love Brighton. I think I found a new religion out there...

Between sick kids and school I end up burning through my days fast. Hey Beech I hope you and your boy get well soon. Has your boy been sick a lot this winter? My boy, who is a few months younger that yours, has had non-stop ear and throat infections since before Halloween. He had tubes put in his ears before Christmas and was clear for almost three weeks. Sunday he caught strep-throat now they are going to remove his tonsils next week.

Funny story about sick/vacation days: Last Wednesday I was stuck at work with nothing to do and not wanting to be there. At about 2:30 someone from payroll calls me and tells me that I had not used my floating holiday and I had to use it or loose it that day. D

[quote=James_B_Wads2000]Funny story about sick/vacation days: Last Wednesday I was stuck at work with nothing to do and not wanting to be there. At about 2:30 someone from payroll calls me and tells me that I had not used my floating holiday and I had to use it or loose it that day. D

I am sick too. I heard yesterday was amazing so I went up for a couple hours this morning anyway. There was no snow on the quakies and hardly any on the pines near the resort. This usually only happens after a big storm if A: it rained after it snowed, or B: it was crazy windy the night before. Sure enough all the pow pow is wind blown and icy . It was better off Milly than Great Western but dissapointing nonetheless after hearing the stories about yesterday. Ahhh well. Back home feeling crappy with nothing better to do than browse bogley.

I went to the Beav today and ran in to an old high school friend. 18" of wind blown powder. It was fantastic skiing but difficult. Hard the find that sweet balance spot because of the constantly changing texture.

This guy is a hell of a lot better skier than me and took me through the trees. I'm okay with skiing trees as long as their not to tight. These were too tight for me. I hit a hidden downed tree with my pole just after the plant. Bent the crap out of it but luckily notified me of the tree just in time to surface some before I hit it. Luckily I hit it with my boot and not my shin. I probably would have broken my leg.

Anyway I had to buy a new set of poles and then we skied more open stuff. Plenty of fresh to be had. I'm beat but man I had a blast.