Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brighton - Bogley Nite - Report

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    how are the stills on the go pro?
    not sure, it says 5 Megapixel though. Probably not great, just mainly used for the video function.

Definitely beats the ATC2K and a few others in the 300 dollar range, for only 189.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Awesome stuff.

I have had a few issues with my POV.1, I wouldn't buy it again. I really like Heathers W30, it sees much more use then my POV.1. I need to check out your helmet setup in person 'beach...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gardner
    Awesome stuff.

I have had a few issues with my POV.1, I wouldn't buy it again. I really like Heathers W30, it sees much more use then my POV.1. I need to check out your helmet setup in person 'beach...
    Thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with my setup. There are probably a handful of still shot cameras that would be great, I just hate the complicated setups that include a cable. I just like the one piece to worry about, and that's the actual camera.

When I eventually crash and break this camera, I'll either go with the W60, or the new Olympus 1130 (i think it is), or that GoPro helmetcam just because of the price.

And I also like the option to carry around a spare 4 GB SD card if I need another hour of video too.

With the original helmetcam lens, cable going to my backpack containing the camcorder, I would find myself letting it record dull stuff because it was such a pain to dig into my backpack to shut it off. This way I just reach up and push the button, and I can usually fit any event on a 4 GB card.

with this, I put the camera on the mount before I bolted it to the helmet, just to see where it was. I made sure there was part of the helmet in the frame on purpose, just to give some scale to the frame.

It's a very simple setup really.

Just had to buy a new $75 cable. It did not survive my jacket zipper on a powder day. :(