Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brighton - Bogley Nite - Report

Brighton - Bogley Nite - Report

We got there pretty close to opening. I picked up my discount ticket at Harmon's for $49.

We spent most of the day riding the Great Western Trail. It probably had the best runs, and most of the time there was absolutely no line on that lift, while others had a 5 minute wait. I guess that's what happens when the Black Diamond sign weeds them out.

At the base, the temp was decent, but at the top of the lifts it was VERY cold with the wind blowing the powder in your face.

It was a great time, it's been 2 years since I've been on the slopes due to my knee. I went "crash free" until near the end when my legs were beginning to wear out.

Jaxx showed us some cool trails through the trees, and the helmetcam got some decent footage.

Sorry, no pics of Jaxx & the ladies, but I've got them on video.

Youtube is putting the hammer down on soundtracks, so this one has no music. So if you want the more entertaining version, go see Vimeo's version here:

otherwise....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Jaxx has been on this site for almost two years and this is the first picture I have seen of him. I have always wondered what he looked like.

Jaxx is younger than I imagined and I'm disappointed by that. I always thought Jaxx was probably older than me, and when I grew up I could become cool like him. Now I realize that he is just ahead of the curve and I'll probably never catch him. This too makes me mad at Richard Barron, and I am about to go complain about Richard elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Jaxx has been on this site for almost two years and this is the first picture I have seen of him. I have always wondered what he looked like.
    Actually I don't have any photos of Jaxx, I've only got him in the video. That might be Ride On that you are looking at.

I'll hurry and snag a still shot in the video of Jaxx. Scott said he looked kind of like me. Sorry Jaxx.

Here are some shots from the video, but you still can't see all the man that he is. You can just see part of his face.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Sorry Jaxx, you do look a little like beech.

It was a great day! Very warm and clear as you could see from the picture on top. I gotta dig out my skis for next time. I need to find some size 11 boots on KSL classifieds.

For some reason I thought he stopped by dinner at the Noobfest last year? I think?

Anyways, looks like a great day on the mountain you guys. Tomorrow the mountain is calling me.....I'm so happy to live 10 minutes from a local ski area (not a big one). Makes getting up there SO much easier and the kids love it.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken

For some reason I thought he stopped by dinner at the Noobfest last year? I think?
    I took off early because of my ankle and drove back to Provo on that Saturday night. Who is the guy with red hair if not Jaxx? I'm so confused. :)

Who is the guy with red hair if not Jaxx? I'm so confused. :)
    This? It's Ride On.

Video added.

Sorry, no soundtrack from youtube. They're banning any copyrighted song before the video even goes public and their choice of music really sucks.

Here's Vimeo to the rescue though:

Awesome video. I prefer the one with music. My lines look decent for it being my first day this season and that footage must be from early in the day. I started to get sloppy (jello) after lunch.

Yeah, definitely boring without the music. I'm going to have to start recording my own soundtracks now.

when I grew up I could become cool like him.
    Stop it your making me blush. Thanks for the kind words!

I have posted a ton of pictures in the canyoneering section. Not really good pics but there are some. I could dig some up if you are really that curious.

Abirken is right, I was at dinner at the noobfest. We got to dinner pretty late and missed a few people. I was so tired from doing fat man's misery that I didn't get up and mingle like I wanted to. It was cool meeting people in real life.
    The man thong is wrong.

back on topic. It was a pretty good day. Snow was meh. not bad, not good. Not to complain though, any day skiing is a good day. Temps were awesome except at the top of the lifts where the wind would burn exposed skin.

It was awesome meeting Beech, Acca, and Ride on. We kept getting seperated on the hill but managed to get a good run in together at the end of the day.
    The man thong is wrong.

sweet!

what'd you use for the helmetcam beech?

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    sweet!

what'd you use for the helmetcam beech?
    Just my Pentax W30, still shot camera in video mode. This same setup:
    http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11636

Sweet. Must've missed that last post. That's a dope setup. Have you seen the new W60? Looks tempting, with a wideangle lens. Too bad it can't go deeper underwater though.

Sweet. Must've missed that last post. That's a dope setup. Have you seen the new W60? Looks tempting, with a wideangle lens. Too bad it can't go deeper underwater though.
    Greyhairbiker scored a GoPro Helmet hero for Christmas http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15310 . Wide angle, waterproof 100', inexpensive, It sure has me thinking http://www.goprocamera.com/

Have you seen the new W60? Looks tempting, with a wideangle lens. Too bad it can't go deeper underwater though.
    Yeah I've seen that. I'm wondering if the new Olympus will do better though, being shock/freeze proof and all.

I've been looking at that gopro as well, that has a good wide angle. Cheap too.

how are the stills on the go pro?