Thread: Ropes That Rescue

Ropes That Rescue

Interesting. I saw this ad at the bottom of bogley. It looks like they are located in Arizona.

www.ropesthatrescue.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Reed Thorne has been involved in mountain and industrial rescue for a long time. He is very active at the national and international level. I first took one of his RTR courses in about 1999? Since then I have had the pleasure to participate 3 other times. He certainly is progressive and on a leading edge, but just like rock climbers there is tug and pull as to what is the proper way. I have dealt with 4 different institutions (4 trains of thought) and each has some awesome knowledge to share, but I still have to tip my hat to Kirk Mauthner ( 2nd proprietor of Rigging for Rescue after the sale from Arnor Larson and now owned by Mike Gibbs).

www.riggingforrescue.com

Kirk Mauthner still does a lot of testing for many companies to verify statistics via drop tests, pull tests etc. Kirk is based out of Invermere BC, but still contracts with Rigging for Rescue to teach courses all over the world. I have participated in 6 of Kirks 1 week long courses (he LOVES Zion) and some day would love to be able to have the knowledge he has and become an assistant to him!