Thread: Another Winter Zion "eh-hem" Classic!

Another Winter Zion "eh-hem" Classic!

After 14 hours behind the wheel on monday, I got a call from Jan to invite me on a hike organized by Scott. Scott ended up being indisposed on tuesday, but Terry was game and Jan, Terry, and I stuck with Scotts original plan. Chinle to Coalpits. I warned of impending "MUD", but it sounded fun anyway! It was a fun day with perfect weather. Yes the "Clay-Mud" was plentiful, but was a good workout! Anyway a couple pictures. The one of the frozen tree sillouetted on the skyline was such an impressive site, but it needed someone like Joe or Dan to do it justice!

Thanks for a fun 4 hour hike Jan and Terry!
    Attached Images Attached Images        

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

P.S.!

Oh yeah! Time passes so quickly. I wish for a healthy and prosperous New Year for All!

Cool. Not much "hiking" to be had in the SLC area right now.

Happy New Year to you my friend. Looks like you had fun. We had been considering Coal Pits but opted out due to mud. Ended up in Red Cliffs for a very short hike.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Very nice, Bo!

The mud doesn't look too bad, though. Now this is mud. Almost knee deep on the trail. Poor trail keeps getting wider:

Hey, good luck with the new outdoor store! I'll be passing through at the end of April/start of May. I'll come have a look!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Cool. Not much "hiking" to be had in the SLC area right now.
    Sure there is! Just break out the Snowshoes!

Quote Originally Posted by Win
    Happy New Year to you my friend. Looks like you had fun. We had been considering Coal Pits but opted out due to mud. Ended up in Red Cliffs for a very short hike.

Win
    Saude to you and Yo! Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the pollution free, beautiful air! The mud was intermittent on Chinle, but got really sticky around the intersection with Huber, Scoggins and beyond. You know.....that clay saturated type that adds 6" of sole to the bottoms of your shoes? It really wasn't too bad down Coalpits as long as you stayed in the wash bottom and didn't try to hike the flats above the wash. The petrified wood was just brilliant in between the snow in the Petrified Forest! Happy New Year to you and Yo Win!

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    Very nice, Bo!

The mud doesn't look too bad, though. Now this is mud. Almost knee deep on the trail. Poor trail keeps getting wider:

Hey, good luck with the new outdoor store! I'll be passing through at the end of April/start of May. I'll come have a look!
    Kev! At that age you were seeking out the mud bogs too?! Were you not?
    Now that trail sports some real mud! Chinle had some bogs in the trail very similar, but I was just plumb scared to try to pull out my camera for fear of falling on my "bunda" and dunking the camera!

Thanks...went in today and had my first full day of work. Took measurements, laid out a blueprint and worked on the layout. Got lots of work ahead and hope to have it open in March! I'm excited and thankful to have employment. I look forward to having a warm shop and seeing all of my old friends back in sharing their days events!