Thread: Missing Person: Little Wild Horse, November 16 2008

Missing Person: Little Wild Horse, November 16 2008

I noticed the attached poster when I hiked the Little Wild Horse trail (near Goblin Valley State Park) this week and thought it would be worth placing here in case anyone was hiking LWH at that time.

The vehicle was found at LWH trailhead, not the Moab area, as corrected on the poster.

MODS: I've put this post on both the Hiking and Canyoneering forums...please move if necessary.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

This site consolidates the various media reports on the missing hiker.
    Nothing posted lately:

http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/...&t=8601&page=6

On a different and lighter note, have enjoyed your website. Maybe some day you'll combine a flying and hiking trip to Utah. There's a strip near Mexican Mtn not too many airmiles from where you were at LWH.

Thanks for the compliment. There are many places in the world for back-country flying, but Utah is not one of them, especially with only 65 horsepower on tap! But I have flown in quite a few places in the USA, mainly the flatlands of New England, Pennsylvania, Ohio and (separately) California and Oregon. You are all very fortunate to live in such a varied country.

I prefer to use shanks' pony in Utah (plus a 4WD to get to the trailhead!).

I followed your linked thread on the HFTM forum...it doesn't sound too good, but here's hoping that she lost her memory and is safe somewhere.

In the meantime, I got back home to England on New Years Day. Thank you for lending me your wonderful country for a few short weeks.

Rob

7 years ago I climbed up the Horsethief Trail and looked down a thousand feet as three single-engine planes took off from that rough tiny strip near Mexican Mtn. After a long day's hike I made it back down the Horsethief and shuffled my way past the flyers' campsite. They invited me over for a cold beverage and told me of their day which included a flight over to a Canyonlands strip where they had enjoyed lunch.

Seemed like a great way to spend an autumn week.

Quote Originally Posted by erial
    <snip> Maybe some day you'll combine a flying and hiking trip to Utah. There's a strip near Mexican Mtn not too many airmiles from where you were at LWH.
    Thanks for the compliment...talking of flying, I found a YouTube video of flying in Canyonlands which I linked on the Bogley videos forum.

Rob

Predictable but still sad.

New Castle woman

Thanks for keping us updated.... A lot more info here on Bogley.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14942

I'm locking this thread so we can keep all the info together.