Thread: Is there a bar in Hanksville?

Is there a bar in Hanksville?

So, it looks like we're going to stay true to our pattern and change this weekend's trip plans last minute.
    Avalanches make me nervous, gas is cheap and the desert is calling.
    Cody wants to see the U game on Friday night. Is there a bar in Hanksville? Contact info would be great too as I would like to find out if they're planning to show the game...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

You might want to PM Hank

Re: Is there a bar in Hanksville?

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    So, it looks like we're going to stay true to our pattern and change this weekend's trip plans last minute.
    Cody wants to see the U game on Friday night. Is there a bar in Hanksville? Contact info would be great too as I would like to find out if they're planning to show the game...
    you going to freezefest?

best bet is the burger shack. i don't know the contact information, but i imagine that is your only shot, but I don't recall them having a television. if not, you might have to get a room at the whispering sands hotel. i'm heading to freezefest tomorrow night. should be a good time. bunch of other folks from on here should be in attendance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    you going to freezefest?

best bet is the burger shack. i don't know the contact information, but i imagine that is your only shot, but I don't recall them having a television. if not, you might have to get a room at the whispering sands hotel. i'm heading to freezefest tomorrow night. should be a good time. bunch of other folks from on here should be in attendance as well.
    Actually, I'm a bit out of the loop. I know the history with Tom and Ram and the FF just from reading their past TRs, and I've seen it mentioned recently but don't pay a lot of attention to the Yahoo group, where do I find details about the current FF?
    We're self sufficient and planning to do our our thing, but if other canyoneers and Bogleyites (what is the plural form of Bogley?) are going to be around it might be fun to camp near for a night and meet some people...
    Thanks, I can find contact info. Maybe I'll call the Burger Shack tomorrow...

(what is the plural form of Bogley?)
    Bogleys

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Bogleys
    How about Bogli ?

Never regret anything that made you smile!

Don, no bar in Hanksville, Burger Shack or Blondies are probably the only places open. No TV in Blondies, when I was there in Oct.

Have fffun fffrrreeezzzzing.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Bogleys
    How about Bogli ?

You beat me to it. Oh well, you can be the clever one in this thread.

Closest bar to North Wash is the one in Anasazi Restaurant in Defiance House Lodge at Bullfrog Marina..... not sure if they are open this time of year or what the hours. Best call first. 435.684.3000

Who would have ever guessed that I'd know that little tid-bit of info....

Only way to get the game in Hanksville is to get a room.

where do I find details about the current FF?
    This is from an email Ram sent me a couple weeks ago.....

The 7th annual winter canyoneering festival looks to be running December 26th-January 4th. Base camp will be the Sandthrax campsite, in North Wash, 28.2 miles down route 95 from Hanksville. Folks come and go as they see fit. Nothing is formally structured aside from the January 1st Black Hole, which is optional. The event is open to all. Hope to see you down there.