Thread: Concealed Firearm Permit

Concealed Firearm Permit

I know this has been disscused before, but it's been quite some time. So I thought I would bring it up again.

What do you carry?
    How do you carry it?
    How often?
    What accessories?

I just got my permit a little over a month ago so I have not been carying that long. I picked up a Ruger .380 LCP and have it on me most everyday. I carry it strong side in an IWB holster. I have the magazine with the finger extension on it, and have been thinking of getting a Crimson Trace Laser site for it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Adventurer at Large! BruteForce's Avatar
    I've had my permit for over 10 years now.

I carry a Springfield XD .40 (3" barrel) (http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php?model=2) and have multiple holsters dependent on the clothes I'm wearing. I really like the Crossbreed Super Tuck (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/), but to wear it comfortably, you need to have larger waist pants.

As for often, I almost always have one on me or nearby (within an arms reach).

Accessories: Laser dot scope, extra 10 round mag, night sights.

I've had my permit for just over five years, and I carry the same as BruteForce, a Springfield XD-40 Sub-Compact. I use a DeSantis Insider holster (inside the waistband), and I always carry whenever I leave home, and oftentimes I carry in the house as well.
    Blog | FB

I've had mine for about a year. I carry a SigSauer P229R Equinox. I have a cheap IWB holster. Not great but the price was right. I take it just about everywhere. Can't take it to work cause I work in a mental health facility and if you remember from your class, thats a big no no. I don't have any accessories but it has a trigger job from Sig's custom shop, nickel plated short trigger, and a stainless steel guide rod.

About two years. I carry a SigPro .40 (SP2022). I too have a few holsters depending on the clothing worn. Same for spare magazines.

I carry sometimes, sometimes not or sometimes just toss it (figuratively) in the glove compartment. Actually I don't carry as often as I did when I first got the permit; just don't feel the need, but I believe it's a right and have a permit.

Oh, and night sights.

Anyone else slightly hesitant about posting carry info online? Seems like a tactical error...

Or maybe I'm overly sensitive about something like that due to the military?

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Anyone else slightly hesitant about posting carry info online? Seems like a tactical error...

I guess the only thing that could happen is we could be falsely accused of brandishing the weapon. All they would have to do is describe what kind of gun they saw.

But then they'd have to prove we were even in the area.

Other than that, I wouldn't see a problem.

Nope. I would much rather somebody ASSUME I'm armed, than not.

SIGPro and not a Glock?

Most Active guys I know seem to prefer the Glock 36 to anything else.

I also don't see a problem with posting about carying, infact there is a forum that is just about concealed carry, and Utah law concerning CCing
    http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/forum/ which is a very informative website if you have any questions about CCW's
    Most the people around me all day know I carry anyway at work and at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I guess the only thing that could happen is we could be falsely accused of brandishing the weapon. All they would have to do is describe what kind of gun they saw.
    Oh, I forgot to mention that instead of the stainless slide on my XD-40, I got the purple one with pink polka dots.
    Blog | FB

I don't mind letting people know I carry. If someone wants to be malicious with that information, go ahead. I have a feeling the legal system would see right through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    Oh, I forgot to mention that instead of the stainless slide on my XD-40, I got the purple one with pink polka dots.
    Nice! Where can I source one of those? Do they have it in Teal?

But then they'd have to prove we were even in the area.

Other than that, I wouldn't see a problem.
    Say I bend over, my shirt comes up a bit, and someone sees my FNP-9 (which I carry in an Uncle Mikes holster). That doesn't constitute any kind of brandishing, does it?

Anyway, I've been carrying for almost 2 years. Sometimes I just mexican carry. The holster is almost a bigger pain in the butt.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

I've carried for about 8 or 9 years. I currently carry a Keltec .380, with a pocket holster.

Price, this has been an argument between my dad and I for months. I say whats the diffrence between open carry and your shirt coming up? Don't really see the diffrence, aside from it being "loaded". He says it can be taken as brandishing, even if it is an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    Say I bend over, my shirt comes up a bit, and someone sees my FNP-9 (which I carry in an Uncle Mikes holster). That doesn't constitute any kind of brandishing, does it?

Anyway, I've been carrying for almost 2 years. Sometimes I just mexican carry. The holster is almost a bigger pain in the butt.
    No it don't. For one Utah don't have a true "brandishing" law on the books. & Open Carry is legal in Utah, if you have your CCP you can even open carry loaded, no permit you just have to be 2 actions away from being able to fire your weapon.
    See this link for a little deeper discusion about accidentaly getting "made"

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/vi...hilit=brandish

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    Sometimes I just mexican carry. The holster is almost a bigger pain in the butt.