Thread: Cricket Broadband

Cricket Broadband

I am wondering does anybody use or know anybody that uses Cricket for Broadband. I am still stuck using dial-up and seen an advertisment for Cricket Broadband and was wondering if anybody know how good/bad it is.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Cricket Broadband

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    I am wondering does anybody use or know anybody that uses Cricket for Broadband. I am still stuck using dial-up and seen an advertisment for Cricket Broadband and was wondering if anybody know how good/bad it is.
    I don't have any personal experience with it since their service is not available in this area of SoCal (yet), so I decided to look at one of my favorite sites for broadband speed tests and unbiased reviews - www.dslreports.com.

Click here to read some opinions on this very subject.
    "The ACA is a non-profit organization..."
    - Rich Carlson, the ACA's founder/president/director/self-appointed king

"A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval."
    - Mark Twain

I am still stuck using dial-up...
    No one should have to be stuck on dial-up. Since you have a phone, have you checked to see whether you can obtain low cost DSL service? If not, try this vendor:

https://www.dslextreme.com/Services/...L/Default.aspx

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skianddive
    I am still stuck using dial-up...
    No one should have to be stuck on dial-up. Since you have a phone, have you checked to see whether you can obtain low cost DSL service? If not, try this vendor:

https://www.dslextreme.com/Services/...L/Default.aspx
    Big fat negative on the X-dial, negative on Qwest, I could get DIGIS (sattelite) but I would have to dig 100' trench to get to where I have line of site of the tower. And satelite providers want way to much, So until I seen this from Cricket I really have had no other choice than Dial-Up

And satelite providers want way to much, So until I seen this from Cricket I really have had no other choice than Dial-Up
    I can only guess that you are way out in the boonies if you are not close enough to a switching station to get DSL service.

How much did these "satellite providers" want for their precious Broadband service?

Have you considered the wireless broadband services provided by the cell phone companies (for example, http://b2b.vzw.com/productsservices/wirelessinternet/)?

What kind of monthly price are you willing to pay? And what is your zip code?

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by skianddive
    And satelite providers want way to much, So until I seen this from Cricket I really have had no other choice than Dial-Up
    I can only guess that you are way out in the boonies if you are not close enough to a switching station to get DSL service.

How much did these "satellite providers" want for their precious Broadband service?

Have you considered the wireless broadband services provided by the cell phone companies (for example, http://b2b.vzw.com/productsservices/wirelessinternet/)?

What kind of monthly price are you willing to pay? And what is your zip code?
    Hughesnet is $59.99 per month for 1.0 Mbps/128 Kbps + $299.98 after $100 mail-in rebate

I have looked at other wireless broadband but they all have a small limit, where cricket is unlimited, and yes I do live out in the boonies about 7 miles west of Ogden. Zip 84404 I would pay around the $40 range or so

WildBlue offers 512K/128K for $49.95/month + $99.95. Depending on your browsing needs, this may be enough for you.

- Mark Twain

you do realize that cricket broadband only works where cricket has service?
    I have cricket for a cell phone and coverage is crap around ogden, you may want to make sure you have that before you spring for the broadband.
    If you do, than that broadband is better than dial up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8grvty
    you do realize that cricket broadband only works where cricket has service?
    I have cricket for a cell phone and coverage is crap around ogden, you may want to make sure you have that before you spring for the broadband.
    If you do, than that broadband is better than dial up.
    Yes a cricket cell phone will work at my house, but thanks for letting me know.