Thread: White Christmas TR

White Christmas TR

After opening gifts this morning we had a little time to build Legos before I had to get E (my son) up to his mom's place. After dropping him I met up with Josh, who's girls were with their mom and we headed out to play with new Christmas gear. At first we headed for Battle Creek canyon but avalanche warnings spooked us and instead we drove up on South mountain to park in a new subdivision and head East toward Jacobs ladder.
    It was quite windy and darkly overcast when we started out but the wind tapered off for awhile and we saw blue sky for a moment or two. The snow was deep and the fresh powder didn't hold us up so we were plowing through more than walking over most of the time.
    We went roughly east, then south, them west back to the road. We followed it back to the subdivision where a short cut up a hill around the subdivision and back to my Jeep wasn't short and took us into some deep drifts while trying to pick our way through the scrub oak thickets.
    We had the gear to make soup and coffee but by the time we got back to the Jeep it was snowing and blowing again so neither of us wanted to sit there. We drove north down into draper calling every sushi place we could think of with hope we would find one open. No luck. We drove around awhile looking for anyplace open. We even thought about going up to one of the resorts for dinner. Still driving randomly we passed an Indian place on 94th and 6th east that looked open and flipped a quick u-turn. The place was mostly empty but they were open. We both had coffee, garlic naan flat bread and curry lamb and rice, Josh's with peppers and onions mine with mushrooms. It was delicious. The perfect Christmas dinner. Even had rice pudding for desert.
    Now I'm still trying to find a bar open tonight, but losing hope. I guess there's enough liquor around the house I don't need to go out.
    Here's pictures!!
    Attached Images Attached Images            

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

THAT is a good way to spend the day.

Looks awesome. We tried to go tubing today but it started to rain. :(

Nice! I noticed Maggie McGees was open on Christmas. They are at 6200 S. and 2000 E. for those that need to remember a bar for next year! I would imagine a bunch on State would be a go too.

We were going to ride Solitude but since the road was closing and we had to get back down for family we came back down and hiked in Ferguson Canyon. Good day to be out in the mountains.

T

very cool. I wasn't able to make it out this past weekend. Someday though...
    I love the picture of the branches all bent over. SWEETNESS!
    The man thong is wrong.