Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a GoPro HERO helmet cam for christmas!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Sweet! Let me know what kind of editing software you have. It's all about getting the high quality link on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Sweet! Let me know what kind of editing software you have. It's all about getting the high quality link on youtube.
    I don't know jack about editing software...does that tell you what I have? What do I need? fill me in doc.

Well, everybody's gonna say Premier is the best out there... and it probably is. But if you don't have a spare 6 months to figure it out, like me, you'll stick with some of the basics.

It will first of all depend on the file format those cameras record in, and they may even come with their own editing software.

Do you know what format? I'm guessing MPEG-4 or just AVI

Well as far as I can tell it's as easy to upload as my camera. I can't tell what format it uses...paperwork doesn't say, but it is compatible with both windows xp and vista and Mac OS 9.1 - shoots TV resolution 30fps video with sound and 5MGP still shots. It will take 56 min video on it's highest capacity, continuous still shots every two to five seconds, or triple shot sequences. It takes a 2 GB SD card and is housed in a waterproof case good to a 100' depth.....and runs off 2 AAA lithium batteries.
    I know none of that really tells you what you need but it tells me that even I can run it.

Does it come with software? Although you won't really need it, some of these cameras like to come with their own editing software.

You may not know until you get some film to your PC and see the extension.

Once you do, send me like a 2 minute clip or something, raw. I'd like to check it out.

I'll have to send you something when I get it up. It doesnt come with software...it's just a basic plugnplay device. If I have any trouble with it I'll pick your brain. it's the smallest damn camera Ive ever seen! Maybe if you check the website out you can get more info than I did. Looks pretty easy to use.

that is probably the best video that i've seen... all the other ones i've seen look like crap mostly from bouncing. it will knock the picture up and down.

like this one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNftNtqicD4
    Candition.com | Canyon Conditions

<%@me = User.find_by_adventurer(params[:theking648])%>

Well, everybody's gonna say Premier is the best out there... and it probably is. But if you don't have a spare 6 months to figure it out, like me, you'll stick with some of the basics.

It will first of all depend on the file format those cameras record in, and they may even come with their own editing software.

Do you know what format? I'm guessing MPEG-4 or just AVI
    Ok. been playing with it and it's in AVI format. I have a short clip I can send you. just PM me where.

Quote Originally Posted by theking648
    that is probably the best video that i've seen...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNftNtqicD4
    Exactly, the main point is getting that "watch in high quality" link at the bottom of the youtube player. It's all in how you save the vid, in DivX form, or H264.

So while you've got the camera that will give you that AVI quality, now it's up to the video editing software to produce it in those formats. I can hook you up if you are in need.

Greyhair... how big is the clip? if it's under 10 MB, just send it to sombeech@bogley.com

This is a pretty fun camera. So tiny. I have the old 3 meg one. The only things I don't like about it are...

1. You can't view the video on the camera so getting it pointed at the right height can be tricky.

And...

2. No video stabilization. So if your helmet isn't on tight your video will be bouncy. I tried it on the handlebar but wow, gave me a headache watching it.

But for the price and with all the mounts it comes with it is a great deal. It takes pretty decent pics and vid. The 5 meg is probably much better than the one I have.

I think you will have much fun with the tiny new toy. I really like mine. I'm not much of a camera/video person but I have enjoyed this camera. It is so easy to use.

I only have Windows MovieMaker and I don't think it gives you a real high quality save option. But it is very easy to use.

Have fun! Can't wait to see some vids.

Awesome. I've never heard of it before, but it has a SUPER wide angle lens. Rad. Hope it works out well.

It looks like it only does 525 pixels wide though. Bummer.

The 'short' clip I took is 51MB so I'll have to do another one or figure out how to cut this one down. I stuck it to the dashboard of my jeep and drove around with it but it's much too long...that, and I already deleted it so when I get the chance I'll do another.
    ...and, it takes great video from the dashboard...nice wide angle lens, and very stable. It'll be nice taking it rock crawling

I just walked around outside with it on my head. Cool vid. still too big. no idea what I'm doing - cool stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Ok Justin, I just uploaded the video to my YouTube page. check it out.
    What's your page again?

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Ok Justin, I just uploaded the video to my YouTube page. check it out.
    What's your page again?
    here ya go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNIWzPxMHAQ

Cool, you're getting the high quality link.

Looks good man.

i got one last christmas..and love it..have had a blast with it mtn biking and the wave runners..case is water tight. soombeech..maybe you can give lesons so greyhair and i can learn to use these..i just record..download to my computer...and watch in the winter when i get stir crazy.
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

Sweet man! Can't wait to see it on that local trail you've been building, did you end up calling it chutes and ladders or am I just crazy? oh well, i am sure you will get a ton of use out of it, i am thinking I want to try my hand at it too????

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.