Thread: I filled up the car for 20 bucks!

I filled up the car for 20 bucks!

discuss

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I got so use to $100 a fill up, every time I go to the gas station(diesel), it is like someone slips me $40-50......

That and the fact that I stopped smoking/chewing.....I feel like someone gave me a raise.....

To fill the 4Runner it was $26 and it cost $11.50 to fill the Prius.

Let the good times roll...

James

I feel like leaving the car running in the driveway all night just so I can fill it up again in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce
    That and the fact that I stopped smoking/chewing.....I feel like someone gave me a raise.....
    My resolution for this year....

Chew is going go be harder than smokes by far...
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I feel like leaving the car running in the driveway all night just so I can fill it up again in the morning.

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

Maybe you can run a port to your heating system in your house. Might be cheaper then running your furnace...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce
    My resolution for this year....

Chew is going go be harder than smokes by far...
    For some reason, it was opposite for me. I suspected that the chew would be harder, as it is what I did at home.... But just didn't work that way. In fact, I quit everything around mid January last year, but smoked for the month of June when my sister passed away....didn't even think about a can of Copenhagen after about 6 weeks....

Have been tobacco free for 6 months..... YIIPPEEEE

I remember when it was 87 cents a gallon, and when I started driving it was still only 93 cents a gallon, I shall not be happy till it gets back to those amounts!
    I recall the first time we went into Iraq, people were pissed and a country station here in utah made a song about iraq, one line was gas was never meant to cost a dollar twenty nine!
    We are paying over that amount now, and people are happy as a pig in poop!

Just bitching:D todays prices are better than what I was paying all summer, too bad its too damned cold to take the motor home to the high uintas now, I could afford to drive it up there now.

I haven't paid over $10 to fill my ride for the last few weeks. I don't let it get below "half" in winter (really about 1/3) just in case I end up in a ditch. I'm topping off for less than $8. A Geo Prizm should not cost $40 to fill.

I used to have a boat that held 75 gallons of gas. It cost $100 to fill when gas was $1.29 (it is again in Bountiful). I'd have that beast full of gas right now in anticipation of summer. I could drain that thing and fill my car on the cheap for at least two months when prices go back up. As it is I'm surprised there hasn't been a run on gas cans so folks could stock up for summer. Maybe 55 gallon drums? The only problem would be keeping people from stealing your gas cans.

Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

I just spent $16.50 to fill my Honda Accord today--and the tank was nearly empty. I don't know how long this will last, but I'm lovin' it.