Thread: Snowbasin Sat Dec 20th

ephemeral excursionist blueeyes's Avatar

Snowbasin Sat Dec 20th

Today was muy bueno! I got to ski with Last Child, such a sweet guy, everytime I burried myslef in the powder he was there to dig me out.

SNB received 10" yesterday and I would guess at least another 6" today.

So yesterday I made an error in saying where I was skiing. I don't know SNB very well and am learning. We took the same run today....we would cut across Phil Pot ridge to the top of Becker lift and then down Willow Springs. Yesterday I saw a sign that said Middle Bowl, it was pointing the way to the lift for Middle Bowl. Strawberry was still closed.

Thanks Last Child it was nice to ski with someone instead of just myself.

Now.... after two days of skiing in powder, my legs are jello and my hind end hurts like hell. Two days from now I am not going to be able to walk.
    Chere'

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Oh no, THANK YOU! I had a most wonderful day. It was fun skiing with someone who obviously loves to ski as much as I do. You were tearing it up!

It was a pleasure to meet you. You are a beautiful and sweet person. The highlight of my day was watching and listening to you help that little girl back into her skis and ski down to her instructor. That was priceless. I bet that you are a wonderful mother.

It looks like I did have my camera a pointed a little to high but there are some shots that work. I'll try to get something posted soon.

Thanks again. I hope we can do it again soon.

Just say when and I am there!

It still makes me laugh that you know Phil White, he is one funny guy. Small world.
    Chere'

OK, here you go. No music or anything. Just two of the best portions of you tearing up the pow.

I will burn all of the video to some cd's and mail them to you.

Thanks again!

Oh hell that looks so nice. Blue Eyes was tearing it up! I gotta get up there...maybe after the Monday storm. Chicks that can ski are hawt!

Looks like fun, I will be up at basin on tuesday boarding, or should I say falling allot!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I love the last few seconds... Poof! Where did I go? Oh yeah one of those times you had to dig me out.

One of these days I will be able to effortlessly glide down the hill, at least that is how it happens in my dreams.

live2ride you are tempting me... Tues would be a great day. Have to see how much work I get done Monday.
    Chere'

awesome. I've gotta hit some of that this Christmas Break. What was the camera setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    awesome. I've gotta hit some of that this Christmas Break. What was the camera setup?
    It's the 3 meg GoPro Hero camera.

Cool, I've heard of that. Seems like decent resolution. I'm guessing they hold up to the cold pretty well.

Were you skiing or boarding? I'm wanting to wear mine while boarding, but I'm guessing I'll have to turn it sideways because of the normal boarding stance.

Re: Snowbasin Sat Dec 20th

Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Now.... after two days of skiing in powder, my legs are jello and my hind end hurts like hell.
    Who out there is willing to help blueeyes by rubbing her bum all better?

James

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Cool, I've heard of that. Seems like decent resolution. I'm guessing they hold up to the cold pretty well.

Were you skiing or boarding? I'm wanting to wear mine while boarding, but I'm guessing I'll have to turn it sideways because of the normal boarding stance.
    I bought it cause it was cheap and came with a ton of mounts. The new 5 meg should be better resolution? No way of viewing the video though until you download. So it's trial and error. Kind of a pain. You have to use lithium batteries (expensive) or it won't work in the cold. It has no video stabilization either. It will hold about one hour per 2 gig card. Batteries last about the same.

I am a skier and had it mounted on the top of my helmet.

I'll be at the 'basin on and off all week, but Xmas. I was not there this weekend I was sick, I tried to get up there sunday but was still not ready. I should be there mon. The vid looks great, the snow seems to be filling in!
    To go up pull back, to go down pull back all the way.

It is official I am going on Tues. Blind date. This should be interesting.... always is.
    Chere'

Re: Snowbasin Sat Dec 20th

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyessmiling
    Now.... after two days of skiing in powder, my legs are jello and my hind end hurts like hell.
    Who out there is willing to help blueeyes by rubbing her bum all better?

James
    They have to catch me first!
    Chere'