Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Win for the Tree Huggers and Forest Fairies.

Interesting Win for the Tree Huggers and Forest Fairies.

Score an interesting win for the tree huggers and forest fairies.

[quote]Impostor disrupts lands bid
    Civil disobedience

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Well, that's one way to get them off the streets. Hopefully they'll have another auction, and more will go to jail.

Hopefully more activists will show up and do the same thing at the next auction! More power to this guy and others that walk the line for our environment. If writing letters to congressmen and gathering petitions hasn't worked to this point, what else is there to do? The lands are being auctioned off to the highest bidders (oil companies) and before you know it, the next time we all head to Canyonlands or Arches, we won't just be taking photos of delicate red rock formations. But instead taking photos of oil rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by abirken
    before you know it, the next time we all head to Canyonlands or Arches, we won't just be taking photos of delicate red rock formations. But instead taking photos of oil rigs.

Uh huh...I'm sure that's just around the corner.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Re: Interesting Win for the Tree Huggers and Forest Fairies.

That is f***ing awesome! He drove the prices up and the parcel he

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    I like how this pro-destruction mouth-piece tried to link the bidder to SUWA just because their lawyer talked with him.

Sounded to me like SUWA was hinting at ponying up the cash to acquire those leases that DeChris won. I could see that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    Sounded to me like SUWA was hinting at ponying up the cash to acquire those leases that DeChris won. I could see that happening.
    First off the article did not imply anything of the sort. Second if SUWA is in a lawsuit over legitimacy of the leases it would be very unlikely they would lease it themselves. I think that would be a conflict of interest. Third I doubt they have that kind of money anyhow. Fourth if they were going to buy it why have a 27 year-old hippie jack the price up first?

SUWA has become a four letter word to the pro-destruction crowd. They can get a lot of people to ignore the actions of this guy and downplay the story of these leases by insinuating a link to SUWA.

James

Quote Originally Posted by James_B_Wads2000
    First off...Second...Third...Fourth...

What about fifth?

If there was any connection between DeChristopher and SUWA I would guess it would be SUWA or SUWA supporters/sympathizers suppling lawyers for his defense if this actually becomes anything more then a mistermeaner.

I think DeChristopher should be more worried about getting a bullet in the back of head.... I don't think some of these oil companies are going to be happy about the tooth fairy costing them millions.

FYI- It happened right here in our lovely Roaring Fork Valley. And you'd be very surprised how quick it all happened.

http://www.saveroanplateau.org/

Quote Originally Posted by abirken

FYI- It happened right here in our lovely Roaring Fork Valley. And you'd be very surprised how quick it all happened.

http://www.saveroanplateau.org/

I read your link --- it appears that the environmentalists won...for now.

But this strengthens my point -- the fact that there is such strong opposition to drilling in these areas suggests that any drilling for oil faces a STEEP uphill battle. This is a trend that is not going to diminish or fade away. The more the general populace becomes aware of pristine wilderness areas, the stronger the opposition to the oil companies becomes. I think the oil companies are fighting a losing battle in the long run...and I say good!

I was just going to mention that

Nobody reads the environmental section anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Don
    Nobody reads the environmental section anyway.
    We have one of those?

http://www.sltrib.com/portlet/articl...406&siteId=297

Bogus lease bidder won't face charges - yet
    Auction fallout

So he's getting assistance from a real estate broker in Moab? HA! That's a laugh!! Talk about irony.

All this will cause to happen is bidders will be required to pre-register from now on and post some type of bond or proof of finances.

I think it would be funny as hell if they turned his bid over to a collection agency to go after the money. ..... Maybe give it to Wells Fargo...

Doesn't get much more ironic than oil and gas companies complaining about someone driving up prices. Pot, meet Kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22
    Doesn't get much more ironic than oil and gas companies complaining about someone driving up prices. Pot, meet Kettle.
    True.