Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bogley Bowl Pick'em 2008-09

Bogley Bowl Pick'em 2008-09

This is for giggles and is free to join....

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ster/joingroup

enter the GROUP NUMBER: 49476
    password: bogley

get crackin' bitchez.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Just signed up
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I'm in.

I think Texas is going to smoke Ohio State, but I couldn't bring myself to not pick OSU.

I picked Utah to win.... but that game was near the bottom of my confidence ranking. I hate betting against a team I'm cheering for.

After the Sugar bowl I think the game I most want to see is TCU vs Boise State, that should be a barn burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

After the Sugar bowl I think the game I most want to see is TCU vs Boise State, that should be a barn burner.
    I doubt it. I think that BSU will win easily but I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGo
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe

I'll take the horned frogs. They have a really good defense and if they shut down the BSU offense it might be over quickly. I don't think the BSU defense will stop TCU's speed. BSU has also had a cupcake schedule if you ask me. They only had one quality win over Oregon. TCU's only loses came to Utah and Oklahoma.

I don't think that BSU has had any less of a cup cake schedule than TCU. Who have they played?

Zions the "s" is silent trackrunner's Avatar
    Who have they played?
    Exactly who has BSU played? The WAC and the Ducks.

Cup cake schedule for TCU
    TCU played 3 teams that were ranked in the top 10 at game time. TCU's only two losses were against teams going to a BCS bowl game.

I think TCU takes it. This was a coupe for the poinsettia bowl. TCU gets passed up by third place MWC team in Las Vegas and they end up playing what should be one of the great games this season.

Wow.... I'll take TCU. Their two loses are Oklahoma and Utah. TCU has so much speed.

So am I the only person who believes that BSU will win? I don't think TCU has any real talent over BSU and I think that Petersen is one of the best coaches in College Football. So I say BSU wins.

I'm in. I'm going to go ahead and spot all of you the Navy/Wake game to make it even.

The gostak distims the doshes.

I'm with Disgo on BSU. Nothing like raw anger for motivation over being ousted from a BCS bowl. TCU is going to get a handful

So am I the only person who believes that BSU will win?
    I didn't say that.... I'll give TCU a slight edge in the game. But as I said up front, this is one of the games I'm most interested in as it should be a real barn burner....

The Problem with Boise is its hard to tell how good they really are with the schedule they played. This is a tough call for me because I usually cheer for Boise but I also want to see the MWC do well.

Yeah baby.... first bowl just finished.... first win....

Boise State is undefeated and they have at least defeated a ranked team. TCU's big win of the year was over BYU who only defeated two teams with winning records. I still strongly believe that BSU will win that game.

Boise State is undefeated and they have at least defeated a ranked team. TCU's big win of the year was over BYU who only defeated two teams with winning records. I still strongly believe that BSU will win that game.

Yes but......who did BSU PLAY? A bunch of nobodies from the WAC. So what. Most high school teams could compete with the WAC.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    So what. Most high school teams could compete with the WAC.
    Now you sound just like the SEC, Big 10 and Big 12 supporters when they talk about the MWC.

Going undefeated in anything is so dang hard.... I have a lot of respect for that. The WAC has some good football programs, it's just their bottom feeders or so dang bad. That is one thing the MWC has really worked on and that's improving their bottom feeders.

I'm just excited for Tuesday Night when this gets settled on the turf.

Now it's nearly time to go watch BYU.... this is anther tough call for me.... I hate BYU (as any true Ute fan does).... but a win by BYU would really help cap a MWC beat down of the PAC 10 this year.

Not sure who I'll cheer for.... FWIW: I did bet on BYU.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin

Yes but......who did BSU PLAY? A bunch of nobodies from the WAC. So what. Most high school teams could compete with the WAC.

BSU beat #17 Oregon State, and they beat most of their opponents pretty soundly. Not that their schedule was "that" tough, but the only team the TCU really beat this year was BYU and BYU barely beat Washington (one of the worst teams in the league) by 1 point.

What is it about College Football that makes us so passionate. My brother who is a big BYU fan hung up on me earlier for making the same point .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

BSU beat #17 Oregon State
    Correction. They beat Oregon, not Oregon State. Utah beat Oregon State, who beat USC. But in the end, the Ducks beat the Beavers during the last game of the season.

I think BSU will hand it to TCU.

Yeah, sorry about the Oregon State error. I meant to say #17 Oregon.

Yet another fine showing by BYU...way to represent. Stupid Cougars -- I just lost a mess of points in our Bowl Picks.